Creation Vancouver Convention Con 2009 Transportation Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Vancouver Convention Con 2009 Transportation Connection

The intent of this thread is for Gate World members to coordinate transportation from the airport to the Hilton.

For those of travelling to Van for the 1st time (or for those with a short memory ) it'll be a bit of wait to clear Customs. It appears that all inbound flights are funneled along the same route above the departure area. You then go down into the customs area next to a running stream of water. Times vary and it is not an exact science as to how long it will take to get through customs . Be ready to wait. I've gone through in 30 minutes and then waited 1 1/2 hours at other times.

Once you clear customs you then collect your luggage and proceed through that area. Keep your custom forms handy as you collect your lugguge because you don't turn in your customs form until AFTER you collect your luggage.

You then enter the arrival hall proper and walk into a sea of humanity. You are 'herded' through this a dropped at the doors that take you out of doors.

To catch a limo they are on the far side of the traffic you're facing. You'll see the cabs slightly off to your left, again on the far side of the traffic.

A cab generally runs $37CA.

Let the connecting begin.
    sigpic
    Vancouver 2010
    Chicago 2010
    Chicago 2011
    Jack's CSM

Originally posted by JacksCSM View Post
    The intent of this thread is for Gate World members to coordinate transportation from the airport to the Hilton.

For those of travelling to Van for the 1st time (or for those with a short memory ) it'll be a bit of wait to clear Customs. It appears that all inbound flights are funneled along the same route above the departure area. You then go down into the customs area next to a running stream of water. Times vary and it is not an exact science as to how long it will take to get through customs . Be ready to wait. I've gone through in 30 minutes and then waited 1 1/2 hours at other times.

Once you clear customs you then collect your luggage and proceed through that area. Keep your custom forms handy as you collect your lugguge because you don't turn in your customs form until AFTER you collect your luggage.

You then enter the arrival hall proper and walk into a sea of humanity. You are 'herded' through this a dropped at the doors that take you out of doors.

To catch a limo they are on the far side of the traffic you're facing. You'll see the cabs slightly off to your left, again on the far side of the traffic.

A cab generally runs $37CA.

Let the connecting begin.
    If there is a way to swing by to pick me up from the train station, that would be GREAT!! I have the plan to take the Skytrain to the hotel, but am sort of worried riding public transit with all my luggage... Can you say, "easy target"?? A limo would be great, if anyone is planning that... I got a limo service that we will be using for the Horizons dinner that has a really good fair!!

Anyways, here is the address of the train station I will be at and the time when my bus will pull in...

1150 Station Street
    Pacific Central Station
    Vancouver, BC V6A 4C7

Arrival Time: 5:00pm- Should only take me at most 15 mins to gather my bags as I don't have to go through any customs...

Date of Arrival: March 31st
    Last edited by MSBurned08; 08 March 2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I'll arrive on Tuesday, 31.3.09 (31st of March) at 12:30pm with Air Canada from London at the Airport.
      Last edited by iolanda; 08 March 2009, 02:14 PM. Reason: date added
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Our United flight lands on 3/31 at 3:02pm from San Fran (we're taking the scenic route) via Denver.

As this thread picks up we'll be able to connect a bit more.
        Last edited by JacksCSM; 08 March 2009, 03:57 PM. Reason: Forgot the date - DOH!!
        sigpic
        Vancouver 2010
        Chicago 2010
        Chicago 2011
        Jack's CSM

Comment

We should add the dates we are arriving as well.

Comment

barring delays, my flight is scheduled to arrive in Vancouver Airport at 11:20am on 3/31.. (fingers crossed we're on time) i'll be getting a rental at the airport and will have some empty seats available if anyone wants a to risk the ride to the hilton with me instead of a taxi..

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              I'll arrive on Tuesday, 31.3.09 (31st of March) at 12:30pm with Air Canada from London at the Airport.
              I should be at Vancouver Airport at 12.00 ish on 31st as I am coming from Victoria that day. Air Canada domestic. Look out for me with a black back pack covered in SG badges! ( I will be doing the flight from Heathrow on 27th March and staying with friends for a couple of days)
              sigpic

Comment

My flight arrives from Fort St. John at 11:30 am on March 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                  I should be at Vancouver Airport at 12.00 ish on 31st as I am coming from Victoria that day. Air Canada domestic. Look out for me with a black back pack covered in SG badges! ( I will be doing the flight from Heathrow on 27th March and staying with friends for a couple of days)
                  I have a bright red suitcase and most probably a black/blue backpack, and I will look very tired. Maybe we can share cab
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

I guess I'll arrive pretty early:
                    Vancouver Airport (from Germany) scheduled at 15:00 p.m. on 3/28. My first hotel is in Downtown Vancouver.
                    Last edited by silvercomet; 09 March 2009, 10:00 PM. Reason: wrong time
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll be arriving on Wed April 1st. My flight from Chicago is scheduled to land at 12:10 in the afternoon.
                      sigpic
                      Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by JacksCSM View Post
                        Our United flight lands on 3/31 at 3:02pm from San Fran (we're taking the scenic route) via Denver.

As this thread picks up we'll be able to connect a bit more.
                        What time does your flight arrive at SFO? If I change my mind from taking the Greyhound to flying, United has the cheapest to Vancouver via SFO from PHX at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          I have a bright red suitcase and most probably a black/blue backpack, and I will look very tired. Maybe we can share cab
                          I have a bright red suitcase too!! How weird

I should be over the jet lag by then so just tag along with me, I will proberbly have my camera out too as everything has to be photographed even though I've been before!!

By the way Vancouver airport is one of the most beautiful I have ever been too. Look out for waterfall on the way through there and the aquarium on the way home.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                            What time does your flight arrive at SFO? If I change my mind from taking the Greyhound to flying, United has the cheapest to Vancouver via SFO from PHX at this time.
                            We arrive in SFO on flight 0415 from Denver at Noon. We then depart Denver to YVR on flight 0474 at 12:45 and arrive in Van at 3:02pm.

How does that sound to your plans?
                            sigpic
                            Vancouver 2010
                            Chicago 2010
                            Chicago 2011
                            Jack's CSM

Comment

My flight is on Tuesday, March 31 and I get in at 6:00PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X