This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Justice" (110) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writer: Alan McCullough (polished by Paul Mullie, produced by Brad Wright)
    Director: Will Waring

---

Ok...I'm only half sure that this is episode 9, because I'm getting some mixed signals here...

Back on the office today for another day of SGU spinning. We skipped episode 9 (While I like the general premise and think it could be a lot of fun and, really, at the end of the day who doesn’t like fun?, I feel that, unlike the other stories we’ve discussed so far, this one is far more nebulous. Fearing we might well spend our final three days trying to spin a story out of this kernel of an idea, I suggested we move on to #10 and #11 which, at the very least, are somewhat more substantial in comparison)
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...niverse-day-7/

PG15 also writes: “what’s happening with episode 9 of Universe? Any development on that yet? Have you guys gotten a writer for it yet?”

Answer: Rob mentioned the fact that he’d like to spin it soon. Probably next week.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

PG15 writes: "[...] 3. How's episode 9 doing now?"

Answers: [...] 3. The episode originally slotted in the #9 spot has been moved back in the schedule and a new story -which we'll be breaking next week - will take its place. Carl Binder will assume writing duties on the script.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...not-to-haggis/

Paul has landed the polish of episode #9 and I’m presently tinkering with the my completed first draft of episode #10.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...aid-or-unsaid/

My writing/producing partner Paul walked into my office, plunked himself down on the couch, and started talking about his rewrite on the Judgment script. As he sat there, chatting away, a question immediately popped into my head that had nothing do with the kino or Rush’s character of the big fourth act WTF moment. “What the hell are you wearing?”I asked.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...on-exhaustion/

Yeah...so...there you go?
    Last edited by PG15; 20 May 2009, 08:38 PM.

Okay, now I'm just upset. Enough with the one-word titles, I don't wanna watch Smallville.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

JM is getting good at sneaking new titles of episodes into his blog though.
      sigpic
      Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Okay, now I'm just upset. Enough with the one-word titles, I don't wanna watch Smallville.
        I think the content will be more important than the titles.

Eh, I don't mind the single word titles. They can be just as pretentious as the long titles that try to sound all wise and/or clever.

Be All My Sins Remembered, anyone?
        sigpic

Comment

Titles shmitles....As long as the eps are great who cares what they are called. Cant wait for SGU!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

Eh, I don't mind the single word titles. They can be just as pretentious as the long titles that try to sound all wise and/or clever.

I think the title can do a lot for the episode and show in general. For example, Babylon 5 had episode names that had a great impact on things, that reinforced the epic struggle going on, and that conveyed a sense of power. Battlestar Galactica has done the same a few times.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think the title can do a lot for the episode and show in general. For example, Babylon 5 had episode names that had a great impact on things, that reinforced the epic struggle going on, and that conveyed a sense of power. Battlestar Galactica has done the same a few times.
              And I agree, but we haven't seen very much of that (if an at all) from these PTB so I don't really care which way they go with episode titles for SGU.

I mean you can't get anymore cliche than Air, Earth, Water, and Fire. And then Time.

And their longer titles for SGA usually were nothing special either. Some of them sounded cool, but aside from a select few, they were unremarkable.

Just my opinion of course.
              sigpic

Comment

seriously?this upsets you?its a title of a tv show...and smallville didnt create one worded titles and at least these titles might actually have something to do with the story.
                but titles dont make or break the episode for me.i dont care.they arent important and i forget most of them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  I'm confused along with you. From my "calculations", Episode #9 is Alan McCullough's script that Paul Mullie was going to "polish" because McCullough's not there anymore. As far as scripts that Paul is writing fully -- that would be Episode #11, the second part to the mid-season two-parter. I don't think Paul is rewriting his writing/producing partner Joe Mallozzi's script, though, which is Episode #10 (I think Joe would have said it differently if it were his script that Paul was rewriting).

My original thought when I read this was that "Judgment" is Episode #11.

Guess we'll need to ask for clarification.

Comment

Indeed, I thought it may be #11 as well, but JM has said in the past that it was lagging in terms of progress (it was just an outline when JM was writing his script); I don't think PM can write that fast that he's suddenly on a rewrite now.

Better go ask...

Comment

Indeed, I thought it may be #11 as well, but JM has said in the past that it was lagging in terms of progress (it was just an outline when JM was writing his script); I don't think PM can write that fast that he's suddenly on a rewrite now.

Better go ask...
                      What's kind of confusing is that Paul's been working on two scripts and Joe hasn't reported much on Paul's work since February 12 -- which is plenty of time for Paul to finish both scripts. But, like you say, Episode #9 was closer to being done at that time than Episode #11.

I hope he answers your question.

Comment

Oh jeez. They can call it anything they want for all I care.... as long as the episode itself is awesome.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally Posted by s09119
                          Originally Posted by Pandora's Box

And for any Star Trek TOS fans out there, do you remember the title "For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky"

So actually I don't really mind one word titles, I like them better than those really lengthy titles which are IMHO a tad OVERDONE!!
                          "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
                          Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
                          Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
                          Spoiler:
                          Everyone: "Go Metric"
                          Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
                          (\/)
                          (oo)
                          (")(")

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
                            I'm confused along with you. From my "calculations", Episode #9 is Alan McCullough's script that Paul Mullie was going to "polish" because McCullough's not there anymore. As far as scripts that Paul is writing fully -- that would be Episode #11, the second part to the mid-season two-parter. I don't think Paul is rewriting his writing/producing partner Joe Mallozzi's script, though, which is Episode #10 (I think Joe would have said it differently if it were his script that Paul was rewriting).

My original thought when I read this was that "Judgment" is Episode #11.

Guess we'll need to ask for clarification.

Better go ask...
                            I thought episode 9 was Carl's
                            The episode originally slotted in the #9 spot has been moved back in the schedule and a new story -which we’ll be breaking next week - will take its place. Carl Binder will assume writing duties on the script.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...not-to-haggis/

Doing the polish dosent mean Paul is writing it, just fine tuning it after its been written

With Alun writing episode 8
                            Answers: Who is writing episode 8? 3.8 = Alan McCullough.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ontreal-bound/

With Paul writing the second part of the mid season 2-parter i.e. episode 11

Comment

Judgement? Not such a bad title... but whenever I read it I just think of past episodes of Stargate.

Team goes to a world, they do something wrong, put on trail for the crimes, at the end they solve the problem and life goes on.

Although I'm sure this won't be the case with this episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X