This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The source of Mckay's anger (joke)

I have discovered the source of Mckay's rage and why he is easily annoyed! There is a saying about making the worst out of bad situations that "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." However, as we all know, Rodney is deathly allergic to citrus!!! he is incapable of making lemonade! instead, he gets an allergic reaction from the "lemons", which manifests itself as anger and annoyance! it all makes sense!!
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Very good observation

Comment

And he could have been so much different if the saying was different
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

i wouldnt be surprised if they thought of this when they developed his character for atlantis... then again, he could also be angry because he was sent to Siberia for a year because he was so smart.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
          i wouldnt be surprised if they thought of this when they developed his character for atlantis... then again, he could also be angry because he was sent to Siberia for a year because he was so smart.
          Really?Oo When?
          Hello Guys! Sorry for any Writing errors. I'm Brazilian and don't know english....XD~~

Comment

Of course! The lemons he receives in life make him more angry!

Comment

But he revealed in The Tao of Rodney that he doesn't believe in that religious stuff.

He's more of a "When god gives you lemons, You find a new god!" kinda guy.

Comment

Maybe Rodneys deathly allergy is psychosomatic due to the fact he has been angry all his life, and turning lemons in to lemonade as we all know is not Mckays style. ( Im kinda stoned so this may not make much sense)

Comment

I thought it was just Russia, as McKay goes "Do you know what the food is like in Russia,"

and in the season 6 episode (redemption) where he comes back he goes to Carter "no point building naquadah reactors for russia if there isn't going to be a russia, now is there?"

Comment

That makes sense. XD

It reminds me of a picture I painted one time of a bunch of lemons and wrote under it, "When life gives you lemons, throw them at McKay!"

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
                    Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
                    Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by delta1135 View Post

He's more of a "When god gives you lemons, You find a new god!" kinda guy.
                      Reference to Powerthirst? XD

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
                      Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
                      Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                        I have discovered the source of Mckay's rage and why he is easily annoyed! There is a saying about making the worst out of bad situations that "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." However, as we all know, Rodney is deathly allergic to citrus!!! he is incapable of making lemonade! instead, he gets an allergic reaction from the "lemons", which manifests itself as anger and annoyance! it all makes sense!!
                        You're right. Poor Rodney is deathly allergic to lemons. Therefore...if life gives him lemons......well in his case he has to toss 'em out.....so.....forget the lemonade. It all makes sense. Explains the bitterness.

(pun intended )
                        sigpic
                        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                        X