• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would assume it was filmed after principle photography
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Wow they were all CGI........ Impressive
      Yeah, they did a pretty good job with them overall.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow they were all CGI........ Impressive
        most of the earth scenes where too. to make vancouver look like africa.

(hulu behind the scenes clip) plus contary to how it looked it was actually freezing the day it was filmed and very windy.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I was just browsing through this thread again- yes, I am COMPLETELY obsessed with BSG- and I just had to write this. I have still been watching BSG over and over since the series ended and every time I break down at the end. I must agree that this was one of the most complete and fulfilling endings to any series I have ever watched. You won't left hanging so even though it was sad, you were still satisfied knowing that it was over for good.

I loved the flashbacks. It was perfect because I got to fully understand how lives really were on Caprica before the Cylon attack. As I loved how the Opera house in Laura's dreams were tied in to reality- and it really was striking to me that Laura's prophesies DID come true. She did lead them to their home and never got to enjoy it (sob).
          You know, after watching this series as much as I have (at least over 20 times!!!), this ep at the end got me to thinking, I have never felt so relieve at the end of a series and so sad at the same time. I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!

Ok, I got my BSG fix for the day, I should really get back to my studies...

Comment

I heard a lot of terrible things about this episode. Usually around comparing it to the finale of LOST. But having finally watched it yesterday, I actually thought it was half acceptable. Most of it was pretty good. In hindsight that's a good example of how I thought to the show itself. Despite all the problems I had with the show by the end, I still generally enjoyed and looked forward to watching it and never got as tired of it as LOST.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I just wanted to say that back in 2004 when BSG first aired, I watched a few episodes, thought "wow, this looks pretty good" but at the time was too busy working and raising two kids to get into it. Now, 8 years later through Netflix, I have just watched every episode of every season in record time, and will probably watch them all again. This has been the best, most enjoyable sci-fi series I have ever watched! I can't think of any other that would rival it, but if anyone has any suggestions, I am open! I can't wait to read all the comments on all the episodes, as I have no one to talk with about this ... most of my circle are into Beverly Hills Housewives and Basketball Wives and Dancing with the Stars ... I am the Freak!

Comment

You're gonna have a long wait for those suggestions.

I would suggest Stargate Universe but the ending of that was handled so badly it's probably not worth investing any time in it, Fringe is another good one, and although it finishes IRL next week, at least we know it has a planned ending (it's not on the same level drama wise, but is still great SciFi), Haven is another "better than reality TV" series.

Other than that I can't think of much that has preoccupied my interest like BSG did, other than NASCAR.

Oh I nearly forgot, don't forget the BSG direct-to-tv films, Razor and The Plan, along with Blood and Chrome, all 3 are well worth a watch.

Comment

I'm not sure what to suggest, Starfreak. BSG was epic, it was high drama, it was stunningly relevant to contemporary real-life controversies, it was a sci-fi show to recommend to people who don't normally enjoy sci-fi. Let us know if you find something comparable, please.

Comment

I really can't think of anything that is similar to BSG. I don't know if I would recommend SGU to someone looking for a BSG fix. The style and presentation of the show are probably most similar and it also has a similar focus on character drama but I only found it a tiny bit as engaging as BSG.

The show with the most similar premise I can think of is probably that cartoon from the early 90s, Exo-Squad. But the series themselves are nothing alike.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      I really can't think of anything that is similar to BSG. I don't know if I would recommend SGU to someone looking for a BSG fix. The style and presentation of the show are probably most similar and it also has a similar focus on character drama but I only found it a tiny bit as engaging as BSG.

The show with the most similar premise I can think of is probably that cartoon from the early 90s, Exo-Squad. But the series themselves are nothing alike.

Exo Squad was good but when it was on TV here they never showed the full series and always had episodes out of order.

Wouldn't mind seeing that on DVD with a good quality transfer
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

But if the fleet lived with the natives. Here's a huge question.

How did humans "unlearn" things like forget about technology and basically go primitive and then rebuild from scratch to go full circle back to the present day?

I don't get that.
                        Who says they unlearned anything? When they got there they were at the very cusp of when civilization began. They were most likely instrumental in beginning those early townships. They brought knowledge such as architecture, art, literature, language, which as lee pointed out, they could give to the natives. While the natives provided knowledge of the land and survival skills like hunting and foraging.
                        In the end their societies are supposed to merge.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

I found the DVD but only season 1........ it's good.

Season 2 I wish would get made as a DVD...... That's supposed to be even better. The first cartoon series where heroes actually die or get injured in the story...... Also Galaxy Rangers did that too with main cast members being shot or otherwise injured......... It's rare for cartoons to do that especially series ones.

Comment

(Spoiler alert) The ending of the season finale does leave us with lots of questions. What was Starbuck, how will Cylons not find them, and will the cycle said in the show truly end? It's hard to say that Starbuck was either a angel or possibly another Cylon. She couldn't have been a figment of the crews imagination because she physically punched in the coordinates to the planet. I would like to think that the storm could of been a rift in space and time, which could explain why she came back in the season 3 finale with a brand new ship. And maybe her disappearing when they reach Earth was sending back through the rift, hence why she disappears like she was never there? I would like to think that the Cylons would be able to find them. Yes they did destroy they ships, but there is no protection for the people on Earth. Like some people commented earlier there were places in the universe which made the DRADIS useless, but earth had no such thing. Lastly, i don't think that the colony broke the cycle. I'd like to say, watching a movie like terminator shows us that a war with machines is inevitable if we do not keep it in check.

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
                              (Spoiler alert) The ending of the season finale does leave us with lots of questions. What was Starbuck, how will Cylons not find them, and will the cycle said in the show truly end? It's hard to say that Starbuck was either a angel or possibly another Cylon. She couldn't have been a figment of the crews imagination because she physically punched in the coordinates to the planet. I would like to think that the storm could of been a rift in space and time, which could explain why she came back in the season 3 finale with a brand new ship. And maybe her disappearing when they reach Earth was sending back through the rift, hence why she disappears like she was never there? I would like to think that the Cylons would be able to find them. Yes they did destroy they ships, but there is no protection for the people on Earth. Like some people commented earlier there were places in the universe which made the DRADIS useless, but earth had no such thing. Lastly, i don't think that the colony broke the cycle. I'd like to say, watching a movie like terminator shows us that a war with machines is inevitable if we do not keep it in check.

But the Cylons went their own separate ways in two directions so why would they even bother with the people on Earth. And no the cycle wasn't fully broken and we could end up in Terminator like scenarios or even the Reapers in Mass Effect kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X