Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3441424344 45 LastLast

Thread: Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Default Re: Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    less likely to rebel if you can't commucate
    Hmmmm interesting. So you think had they spoken they'd have told the human cylons to frak off?
    Playing as Johanna Darkwater. Friend me in game if you are online

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Asgardian Library (burdened with glorious books)

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Hmmmm interesting. So you think had they spoken they'd have told the human cylons to frak off?
    Hmmm... Could have happened perhaps.

Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post
    Hmmm... Could have happened perhaps.

It would have been funny to see Cavill arguing with a metal cylon.........

But the red striped cylons seemed happy to leave and go their own way......

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Second Lieutenant

Howcome the old fashioned robot cylons could talk and the sleeker taller robots the human cylons used couldn't talk?
    The original cylon's were designed by human's and i guess they thought it would be nice to be able to communicate with them. The newer cylon's were likely designed by Cavil. He probably thought speach was a inefficient way of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by boyd22 View Post
    The original cylon's were designed by human's and i guess they thought it would be nice to be able to communicate with them. The newer cylon's were likely designed by Cavil. He probably thought speach was a inefficient way of communication.

So how would Cavill have communicated to them?

Let's call it Defiance

Second Lieutenant

So how would Cavill have communicated to them?
    There really was no need to communicate with them. The humanoid cylon's gave them orders, and they obeyed. If the skinjob's needed any information that a cylon collected in the field, they'ed probably just download the centurions memory. Of course this is just speculation. They never explained why they didn't talk in the show.

There really was no need to communicate with them. The humanoid cylon's gave them orders, and they obeyed. If the skinjob's needed any information that a cylon collected in the field, they'ed probably just download the centurions memory. Of course this is just speculation. They never explained why they didn't talk in the show.
    Fair enough.. But they did look very cool.

Were they all CGI or did some actually have actors in suits?

Let's call it Defiance

Second Lieutenant

Fair enough.. But they did look very cool.

Were they all CGI or did some actually have actors in suits?
    Believe they were all CGI. It'd be pretty hard to make the centurion's exposed joint's look realistic if they were just actor's in suits.

Believe they were all CGI. It'd be pretty hard to make the centurion's exposed joint's look realistic if they were just actor's in suits.
    Wow they were all CGI........ Impressive

Let's call it Defiance

I'm not sure how silly my questions is... I've tried to look it up several times, but couldn't find an answer. Those flashbacks - Lee and Kara had different hairstyles, more close to season 1 style than season 4, for obvious reasons. Did those flashback scenes get shot after wrapping up everything else, so that their appearances would be consistent or how exactly was it pulled off?

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

i would assume it was filmed after principle photography

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job with them overall.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

most of the earth scenes where too. to make vancouver look like africa.

(hulu behind the scenes clip) plus contary to how it looked it was actually freezing the day it was filmed and very windy.

searching the galaxy for a habitable home

Sci-Fi Re: Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

I was just browsing through this thread again- yes, I am COMPLETELY obsessed with BSG- and I just had to write this. I have still been watching BSG over and over since the series ended and every time I break down at the end. I must agree that this was one of the most complete and fulfilling endings to any series I have ever watched. You won't left hanging so even though it was sad, you were still satisfied knowing that it was over for good.

I loved the flashbacks. It was perfect because I got to fully understand how lives really were on Caprica before the Cylon attack. As I loved how the Opera house in Laura's dreams were tied in to reality- and it really was striking to me that Laura's prophesies DID come true. She did lead them to their home and never got to enjoy it (sob).
    You know, after watching this series as much as I have (at least over 20 times!!!), this ep at the end got me to thinking, I have never felt so relieve at the end of a series and so sad at the same time. I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!

Ok, I got my BSG fix for the day, I should really get back to my studies...

I heard a lot of terrible things about this episode. Usually around comparing it to the finale of LOST. But having finally watched it yesterday, I actually thought it was half acceptable. Most of it was pretty good. In hindsight that's a good example of how I thought to the show itself. Despite all the problems I had with the show by the end, I still generally enjoyed and looked forward to watching it and never got as tired of it as LOST.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Probie

I just wanted to say that back in 2004 when BSG first aired, I watched a few episodes, thought "wow, this looks pretty good" but at the time was too busy working and raising two kids to get into it. Now, 8 years later through Netflix, I have just watched every episode of every season in record time, and will probably watch them all again. This has been the best, most enjoyable sci-fi series I have ever watched! I can't think of any other that would rival it, but if anyone has any suggestions, I am open! I can't wait to read all the comments on all the episodes, as I have no one to talk with about this ... most of my circle are into Beverly Hills Housewives and Basketball Wives and Dancing with the Stars ... I am the Freak!

First Lieutenant

You're gonna have a long wait for those suggestions.

I would suggest Stargate Universe but the ending of that was handled so badly it's probably not worth investing any time in it, Fringe is another good one, and although it finishes IRL next week, at least we know it has a planned ending (it's not on the same level drama wise, but is still great SciFi), Haven is another "better than reality TV" series.

Other than that I can't think of much that has preoccupied my interest like BSG did, other than NASCAR.

Oh I nearly forgot, don't forget the BSG direct-to-tv films, Razor and The Plan, along with Blood and Chrome, all 3 are well worth a watch.

I'm not sure what to suggest, Starfreak. BSG was epic, it was high drama, it was stunningly relevant to contemporary real-life controversies, it was a sci-fi show to recommend to people who don't normally enjoy sci-fi. Let us know if you find something comparable, please.

I really can't think of anything that is similar to BSG. I don't know if I would recommend SGU to someone looking for a BSG fix. The style and presentation of the show are probably most similar and it also has a similar focus on character drama but I only found it a tiny bit as engaging as BSG.

The show with the most similar premise I can think of is probably that cartoon from the early 90s, Exo-Squad. But the series themselves are nothing alike.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I really can't think of anything that is similar to BSG. I don't know if I would recommend SGU to someone looking for a BSG fix. The style and presentation of the show are probably most similar and it also has a similar focus on character drama but I only found it a tiny bit as engaging as BSG.

The show with the most similar premise I can think of is probably that cartoon from the early 90s, Exo-Squad. But the series themselves are nothing alike.

Exo Squad was good but when it was on TV here they never showed the full series and always had episodes out of order.

Wouldn't mind seeing that on DVD with a good quality transfer

Let's call it Defiance