Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character(s) interest you the most?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which character(s) interest you the most?

So my least fav character so far in Wray. She is probably a great actor i just don't like that type of character(just like i dont like that arrogant head of GD in Eureka). I am most excited for Lt. Scott, telford, and Young.
    sigpic

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    So my least fav character so far in Wray. She is probably a great actor i just don't like that type of character(just like i dont like that arrogant head of GD in Eureka). I am most excited for Lt. Scott, telford, and Young.
    It totally amazes me that you know which characters/actors you like or don't like when the show hasn't aired yet. You might want to wait for the first episode before you pass judgement on a show no one has seen.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey, how can u past judgment on a character when u haven't seen the show yet, how about u wait for it to air on TV then u can say what u please.{mod snip}
      Last edited by KatG; 28 February 2009, 09:52 AM. Reason: snark

Comment

Originally posted by dfoster1228 View Post
        It totally amazes me that you know which characters/actors you like or don't like when the show hasn't aired yet. You might want to wait for the first episode before you pass judgement on a show no one has seen.
        There is a diffrence with the dislike he's talking about and the hate that people were throwing at characters up until a few weeks ago. There are two diffrent types of "dislike" you can have for a fictional characters, Bad Dislike and Good Dislike.
        + Bad Dislike is when you just plain hate the characters and want him/her out, you want them gone and never coming back. Eg: Lucius Lavin, Jar-Jar Binks and so on.
        + Good Dislike is when you dislike/hate the character because they're the type of person you would dislike/hate in real life. This type of dislike does not mean you/people want them out of the show/movie/story, it just means that you are deeply engrossed and enthralled in the story, in fact this type of dislike is probably best discribed simply as "You love to hate them". Eg: Senator Kinsey, T-Bag (Prison Break) and so.

From the sound of things what 'major davis' is saying is that from what he's heard, he will have a "Good Dislike" for Wray.
        And from what I've heard I will have the same dislike for Wray.
        As for who I'm liking the sounds of so far, well I've made it no secret that I'm developing a thing for Chloe. From the information and spoilers that I've heard, it sounds like she will have one of the biggest journeys and the most personal growth of all the characters, and I'm intrested in seeing how that turns out.
        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
          There is a diffrence with the dislike he's talking about and the hate that people were throwing at characters up until a few weeks ago. There are two diffrent types of "dislike" you can have for a fictional characters, Bad Dislike and Good Dislike.
          + Bad Dislike is when you just plain hate the characters and want him/her out, you want them gone and never coming back. Eg: Lucius Lavin, Jar-Jar Binks and so on.
          + Good Dislike is when you dislike/hate the character because they're the type of person you would dislike/hate in real life. This type of dislike does not mean you/people want them out of the show/movie/story, it just means that you are deeply engrossed and enthralled in the story, in fact this type of dislike is probably best discribed simply as "You love to hate them". Eg: Senator Kinsey, T-Bag (Prison Break) and so.

From the sound of things what 'major davis' is saying is that from what he's heard, he will have a "Good Dislike" for Wray.
          As for who I'm liking the sounds of so far, well I've made it no secret that I'm developing a thing for Chloe. From the information and spoilers that I've heard, it sounds like she will have one of the biggest journeys and the most personal growth of all the characters, and I'm intrested in seeing how that turns out.
          Perhaps I misinterpreted what Major Davis was saying,and if that is the case I am sorry. So many were ready to throw Universe under the bus when the idea was first announced. I still think we all need to calm down and wait for the premier before we do the same thing to the characters. Many of the early ideas of what a character will be like change as they are cast and the personality of the actor is made a part of the character. I have avoided reading much about Universe at all. I want to wait until the show starts before drawing any conclusions.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
            Unless you have insider information that the rest of us don't, I suggest that you refrain from passing judgment on a show that won't be premiering for 8 months.
            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Some people really need to relax.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Some people really need to relax.
                I'm with DigiFluid on this.

Jedi Master of the Gate gave us some interesting points of discussion. How about we go from there? (Quoted Below)

Comment

Okay people. The snark has been deleted and the thread renamed.

Please confine your comments to what you like/dislike about the characters, based upon the descriptions that we've been given so far.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say my fave of the girls is Camille. Probably since we share a similar personalty!!

As for the guys, Young, Scott, Telford and Rush are my top four.

After that not sure how to rank them. But so far I have yet to not like anyone!!!
                    Last edited by AnnieS; 01 March 2009, 11:43 PM.
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I haven't found any interest in any of the characters so far, and may not until their screen-time.

Comment

I haven't found any interest in any of the characters so far, and may not until their screen-time.
                        I'm interested in the characters of Eli and the military personnel, mainly. I'm looking forward to seeing Ming-Na play Camille Wray, but I don't expect to like the character much (which isn't necessarily a bad thing ). If I'm going to identify with any of these characters the way I did with those of SG-1, I will probably find it to be with those characters.

Comment

I'm very interested in seeing how Rush and Young turn out. I can't wait to see what Carlye brings to the table acting-wise. It'll be pretty interesting to see how Young compares to the other characters like him (Jack and Sheppard).

Eli seems like an interesting character but I'm also worried that he may end up being too much like McKay.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

So far, Dr. Rush intrigues me the most. I think Eli interests me the least. The "lazy genius" thing seriously put me off.

I am interested in some of the military characters though... Young and Scott, primarily (and just for the record, I've had such a hard time keeping track of name changes, that I had to look those names up just now ).

I was sort of interested in Tamara J. because of the backstory where she couldn't afford to go to medical school... that background makes me sympathetic to her from the start because I like seeing characters who had to work hard to get ahead, and I imagine that makes her a very determined person. But I'm also fairly hesitant to get my hopes up, because I usually can't identify with the female characters on Stargate (ironic, isn't it? )

Chloe actually interests me too... I know, she could turn out to be the most cliched of the bunch, but she's so different from the others that she could also turn into a really interesting and complex character. I hope. But it will be interesting to see what they do with her. Greer is kind of the same way... he could turn out to be a cliched soldier or a really interesting character.

But I'll have to see them on screen to find out if I can relate to any of them, or if any of them are interesting enough to keep me hooked.
                            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Eli seems like an interesting character but I'm also worried that he may end up being too much like McKay.
                              I'm hoping for more of the 'Daniel' model, but actually, I think he's going to be more of a classic nerd than either of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X