This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the Ori army come from?

the ori ascended so where did these humans come from? the Ori never seeded planets or did anything to populate the galaxy.
    sigpic

I think its assumed the Ori created human in the Ori Galaxy like the Ancients did in the MW and PG
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

i think it was said in one ep of sg-1 that they created the life after they got so far in their advancement and decided they could act like gods with their knowledge, then when they ascended it just helped them?
      so yeah the ori did create life like the ancients did.

Comment

what i thought was along time ago ... in there home galaxy ... the ori and the ancients were the same race but split up because the ori part wanted power and what not.. so the ancients left to come to the milky way and left the ori with the humans in there home galaxy, so they started twisting there minds to think them to be gods and wallla ... you got ori warriors bent to kill non believers i think...
        --TexaspartaN--

Comment

Originally posted by TexaspartaN View Post
          what i thought was along time ago ... in there home galaxy ... the ori and the ancients were the same race but split up because the ori part wanted power and what not.. so the ancients left to come to the milky way and left the ori with the humans in there home galaxy, so they started twisting there minds to think them to be gods and wallla ... you got ori warriors bent to kill non believers i think...
          i dont know if that true but these obscure events seem pretty interesting to me. How did the Ori become like this?--thats a question that was never really answered. will universe shed some light on this?
          sigpic

Comment

We are told that the ori seeded their galaxy with humans, by Daniel briefly aren't we?

Comment

The Ori created life in their galaxy and forced the Humans to worship them as Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                The Ori created life in their galaxy and forced the Humans to worship them as Gods.
                So the galaxy was otherwise a lifeless dead place before that?

Comment

The ancients did split off from the ori but it was a couple of million years ago long before anyone had acended. In the fourth horseman orlin told us that they ori were fanatical in their religious beliefs and wanted to destroy the ancients for not having the same beliefs. The ancients then left them and came to the milky way were they lived for a couple of million years then the plague happened, they went to the pegases galaxy and after getting whomped by the wraith came back to earth and then acsended. Now while this all this is going on with the ancients the ori stayed in there galaxy and practiced there beliefs and eventually ascended( most likely before the ancients themselves). They reseaded their galaxy so that the people could worship them and they could sap the power from them. What we don't know for sure is if there was any contact between the two groups over the millions of years that all this was goin on.

Comment

There was no contact. Otherwise the Ori would have come long ago to turn us.

Comment

Yep... the Ancient split off from the Ori and went to Milky Way.
                      Now yy guess is, they lived on and some of them ascended. When a certain number of them had ascended, they realized that their power was diminishing because the number of worshippers was decreased. Therefore they denied the rest of the galaxy's population ascension abut allowed the further expansion of the population and as a nice long term effect, the number of worshippers increased again and the Ori got more powerful.
                      Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                      Jack: "What?"
                      Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                      Jack: "What?"
                      Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                      Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                      - - - - -
                      Knight Rider S01E11
                      KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                      - - - - -
                      Eureka S03E12
                      Bismarck: This is madness.
                      Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

at first i assumed that all of the ori ascended (after the alterans left) THEN they created the 2nd gen. of humans in their galaxy.

But in the Ark of Truth we see a human village on the mountain at ortus mallum at the same time as one group of alterans are preparing to leave, so what if the humans that became the ori created the other humans while THEY where still human

or another explanation could be that the altera and the ori were from the same generation of humans as the remaining humans in the galaxy, they were just two groups that were further along in sci and tech, kindof like a more extreme version of the 1st world versus the 3rd world.

Comment

Originally posted by Floo View Post
                          at first i assumed that all of the ori ascended (after the alterans left) THEN they created the 2nd gen. of humans in their galaxy.

But in the Ark of Truth we see a human village on the mountain at ortus mallum at the same time as one group of alterans are preparing to leave, so what if the humans that became the ori created the other humans while THEY where still human
                          The humans in that village ARE the Alteran preparing to leave.

Comment

There was no contact. Otherwise the Ori would have come long ago to turn us.
                            Not necessarily, ive always wondered if the Ori had more than 1 galaxy under there belts, if that were so, they may have come into contact with Alterans who were there exploring, they could have wiped them out or the Alterans couldve defended themselvs and left.

Its understood the Ori could not enter our galaxy without exposing themselves to the Ancients - its logical to assume that it works the other way around aswell.

Orlin had knowledge of the Ori and their intentions along with their demeanour, now he could have sucked it from a priors mind, but if he didnt then it shows some sort of intelligence gathered along the way so the Ancients knew what the Ori were etc etc.

The Alterans could have sent an expedition back to their home galaxy to determine what was left along the timeline somewhere, or an Ascended Ancient could have gone there to scope things out believing the Ori couldnt know of Ascension yet in his/hers/theirs arrogance and gotten annihilated by what was found.

But even that theory shows that they must have known about Ori stargates before hand, because as far as we know, Ancients can appear anywhere within the scope of a galaxy almost instantly from another point in said galaxy, there is no evidence to suggest this power stretches across galaxies.

Would be good to know all the exchanges between Alteran and Ori between the exodus of the Alterans and Ascension, wether existant or not

C40
                            So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
                            “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

The Alterans could have sent an expedition back to their home galaxy to determine what was left along the timeline somewhere
                              They used devices like the one Daniel and Vala used in the Avalon two-parter.

Comment

Working...
                              X