This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Area 51?

What is the new Sci-Fi channel show that is supposed to be about Area 51, or was it just a movie? I didn't hear much about it except for a commercial or two, but I was wondering if anyone knew anymore. I was hoping that perhaps it would crossover with Stargate but ultimately that's up to MGM. Personally though, I would like to see a Stargate canon Area 51 show, or at the very least a movie/miniseries.

dont read unless you have seen EatG

Spoiler:
    Area 51 has been destroyed.... I doubt a show will come from there
    sigpic
    Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
    Spoiler:
    Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
      dont read unless you have seen EatG

Spoiler:
      Area 51 has been destroyed.... I doubt a show will come from there
      EATG
      Spoiler:
      I wouldn't say its destroyed. Certain areas just need remodeling
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        EATG
        Spoiler:
        That's what I thought too.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          EATG
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          well, we did have 2 darts explode there not counting any explosive material possibly there..

besides even if it was still there theres not really much to have as a show IMHO
          sigpic
          Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
          Spoiler:
          Proud to be an American

Comment

Just rewatched EatG just to be sure and all of Area 51 wasn't destroyed, just one maybe two buildings I think. It doesn't have to be a whole show either, maybe just a miniseries about, oh I don't know, what kind of research they're doing there: reverse engineering alien technology and integrating alien tech into 302's and 304's.

Even better, it could be a fake documentary like that one episode of SG-1 and the end could show General O'Neill vetoing it for public viewing, or maybe allowing it to air on Fox like "Alien Autopsy."

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Forte View Post
              What is the new Sci-Fi channel show that is supposed to be about Area 51, or was it just a movie? I didn't hear much about it except for a commercial or two, but I was wondering if anyone knew anymore. I was hoping that perhaps it would crossover with Stargate but ultimately that's up to MGM. Personally though, I would like to see a Stargate canon Area 51 show, or at the very least a movie/miniseries.
              this should be moved to off topic/general scifi fantasy
              MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
              I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

I know what he's talking about. Unfortunately I do not know the name of it and it doesn't have anything to do with Stargate, or Area 51.

Comment

I think what you are referring to is the new Sci-Fi original series Hangar 18.

Comment

EatG spoiler

Spoiler:
                    Area 51 wasn't destroyed. Most of the place is underground. That they even thought to store the chair in an above ground building was a stupid plot device meant to easily get rid of the chair.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      EatG spoiler

Spoiler:
                      Area 51 wasn't destroyed. Most of the place is underground. That they even thought to store the chair in an above ground building was a stupid plot device meant to easily get rid of the chair.
                      Where does it say that the majority of the place is underground?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                        I think what you are referring to is the new Sci-Fi original series Hangar 18.
                        That's it, thank you. Hangar 18 goes hand-in-hand with Area 51 lore for those who don't know. I'd still want to see an SG crossover of some kind.

Comment

I don't know if it is based in Area 51's Hangar 18 or Wright-Patterson Air Force Base's Hangar 18.
                          Either way it looks promising.

Comment

Working...
                          X