Lost: Global theories of what's going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    From this picture it doesn't look like his toe... it looks like they put something white over it. It doesn't even look the same color has his foot.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...ern12/Lost.jpg

Unless I'm totally blind... I'm not seeing the 5th toe you are.

Guess we'll find out in a week who's right.

I think them doing this would be awesome though... it plays into how important locke is in the show... which everyone does keep saying.

Comment

I see 5 toes in that picture too. But, we'll know for sure soon enough.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Its fun to know that the sixth seasons of lost will be the last one, since it means the global mystery of lost will need to be explained by that time. I've watch the complete Lost series on marathon in the last few months. I'm curious to read about everybody's theories about Lost. Here's mine:

I think its comes down to the indigenous people of the island and where they came from. I think we have 2 choices, they either comes from the past or from the future. I dont they comes from the present time. Before, the end of season 4 I thought they came from the past from an Atlantis-like advanced civilizations. Now with the introduction of the time travel capacity of the island, I think they come from the future (even if the past theory still works as well in a similar manner).

I now think those Island people comes from the future. A very distant future. The Island is like a big time travel machine. They probably comes from the future to advert some cataclysm or bad turn of events in the future of human history to happen (or at least happen again). That would explain why the Island people act like they got a bigger goal than themselves. Also that would explain why while doing everything they can to reach their goal, they seem to have good moral values. For example, they needed to kill the dharma initiative since they were going to compromise the whole mission.

Also, we have already seen that they seem to have assignment to do outside the Island (for example, the radio jamming girls where suppose to be in Canada). But I dont think their goal is world domination or pure greed.

It must be noted that its true that time travelling with the Island is unpredictable and dangerous. Thats why they can keep going at it. A

Its also possible that the Island people are interesting into some special individuals. Either to take them out of the "present life" so they (or their children) don't do what they first did in the future. Which lead to some bad events of some sorts. Or either as Island people agents able to modify the present so it has an effect into the future. That is only a few humans are capable into modifying the present so it has a effect on the future. Possibly Desmond, Ben, Lock. Also they needed to have children, so they could have other Island agents, as they view their mission to save humanity from spanning multiple generations.

In my theory, nothing happening on the island (our outside of it) is magical. Its all science from the present or future (or highly advanced past from my atlantis-like theory). For example, the apparitions of dead people are hologram sent to manipulate people. The big black cloud monster; Also some kind of advanced weapons. Jacob? Either Richard (the real leader) or somebody in the future which can see the effect of the Island people action in the future. Other small plot point can be explained by this situation. For example the Island his hidden in a temporal pocket (only reachable with a specific "bearing"/door) so it doesn't affect the present unpredictably. Widmore? Most probably a rich industrialist which have discovered the Island by mistake and now want it as its toys or is interested into its potential to gain power. Or maybe he's a member of the arch enemy of the island people which would benefit from the catastrophic future. Etc.

So here's the main point:

1- The island people comes from the future (or advanced Atlantis like past).
        2- The island is a big time travel machine to be use sparingly
        3- They try to advert bad event(s) from happening to the future.
        4- Nothing happening on the Island or outside of it is magical
        I'm bumping this thread to see if people got other theories about how Lost will end. I quoted myself because I think my global theory still stand ground even with the new revelations. Except that science may include some metaphysic elements.

The real new elements we have as of episode 6 of the last season is that Jacob seem to be the real guardian of the Island. He looks like a real man and he got some arch enemy in Black Smoke. I think those two people are stuck in a time loop where they live earth's event on and on again. Jacob may be trying to prevent it, but failed a couple of time already, while BM for some reason seem to like it that way. Maybe he just want to end the time loops once and for all.

While there doesn't seem to be a end game in the conflict between Jacob and Black Smoke. I prefer to think there is one as stipulated above. Maybe a big catastrophe at the end of humanity caused by a timetravel experiment (gone wrong) on the island done by Jacob or Black Smoke (or maybe done by others from the future). I still don't know why they would be rules between them. As it seem that both Jacob and BS need to obey some higher power (rules). Hence their need to find "loophole" to get at each other. What is and where is the rule book? Still, my explanation could hold water while the rules could be scientific or told to them the "future scientists" (if Jacob and BS are not them).

By judging his simple lifestyle it seem that even Jacob is somebody from the very distant past who went along for the ride. Same as Richard who must be some kind of prisoner from the ancient egyptian era.

Does any people got other theories. Aliens, future experiments, something related to Elvis , etc?
        Last edited by Commander Zelix; 19 February 2010, 06:17 PM.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
        X