'Lost' star plans break from acting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Lost' star plans break from acting

Lost star Evangeline Lilly has confirmed that she is planning to take a break from TV when she completes work on the show.

The actress has vowed to concentrate on humanitarian work and her love of writing after she films her final scenes as Kate Austen.

"I'd love to have more time to devote to hobbies," Lilly told Celebs On Sunday magazine. "But the reality is when you open a door, there is no sense in closing it - so I would never say I'll never act again. But it's definitely not my priority.

"Before the show I had intended to be some sort of humanitarian worker. I'll definitely have more time to pursue more of that."

She added: "Writing is my first and foremost passion, I can't stop writing. I write all the time. So I want to try to either publish something I've written or sell a script or work on that."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...om-acting.html

THis was her first proper acting gig. Who just gives up once they make it?

Comment

Quit whilst you're ahead.

Once you've made it in one thing, focus on other things. Spread yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post

THis was her first proper acting gig. Who just gives up once they make it?
        She has done very well for herself on this show. She's also a good actor. Some people just don't want to spend their entire life on film.

Comment

Not bad for her really, first job and it's a six season contract as the shows star. Don't blame her for wanting a break, since most actors have worked small jobs to the big jobs. She pretty much just went in the deep end from day one!

Comment

Unfortunatly this plan has been tried by other actors that quietly faded into obscurity. Remember Denis Crosby?

Comment

Yes, yes I do. The main difference here being that Evangeline Lilly has got more than a bankable genealogy going for her.
              I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                She has done very well for herself on this show. She's also a good actor. Some people just don't want to spend their entire life on film.
                Six years is hardly your entire life. Also why decide to take up acting as your career if you dont want to spend your time on film or stage etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
                  Yes, yes I do. The main difference here being that Evangeline Lilly has got more than a bankable genealogy going for her.
                  And she's not leaving the show because she thinks it's not going anywhere. LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Six years is hardly your entire life. Also why decide to take up acting as your career if you dont want to spend your time on film or stage etc.
                    She just wants to take a break... is she not allowed to? Some people have other things they want to do. Doesn't matter how long she acted.

Maybe she simply got the feel for what acting is like, and is making a career move not to continue.

Comment

Maybe being on this show has helped her realize there are other things she wants to do in life that are more important to her. It isn't like she doesn't have the money now to break from acting. I'm sure this show has been very good to her.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well it makes sense really. She never actively pursued a career in acting. She was scouted as a model and fell into it from there.

Perhaps she'll go back to doing phone sex adverts? I kid, I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
                          Unfortunatly this plan has been tried by other actors that quietly faded into obscurity. Remember Denis Crosby?
                          denise crosby should have waited a few more years before quitting. she overestimated her appeal and underestimated her demand outside of the trek franchise
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            denise crosby should have waited a few more years before quitting. she overestimated her appeal and underestimated her demand outside of the trek franchise
                            LOL you know Jonathan Frakes once said
                            "And of course, next year [2008] the 21st anniversary of the best career choice ever made," Jonathan added. "Denise Crosby — 'I'd like to quit that show now before it really gets popular."
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

no kidding

i obviously don't have hte actor mentality. I'd take a year's steady work, even if it's glorified 'part time' over a year's non guaranteed work.

she wasn't getting paid by the line so dude, stay with the steady pay check

and, honestly, anyone should know that any show - especially in that decade - needed at least a year to get its 'sea legs' so to speak

but who knows, for Lilly, it's possible that 'taking a break' isn't as much a comment on the show but actor speak for 'i'm tired of spending months away from home and i want to have a personal life, and i can't when i'm in hawaii for months on end'
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X