Daedalus Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus Bridge

So what is the deal with the Daedalus bridge? I have only ever seen a couple of shots that indicate that it might be somewhere other than the back tower, but I have gotton the impression on the forums that it's location is sort of ambiguous. Am I missing something? Also, although I know it sounds naive, how common are these kind of CGI snafus (the bridge placement, the alternated CGI model of Atlantis, slightly inconsistant gate design, etc.) to other sci fi series? (I've felt that I have seen more on Stargate than on other series, but that could just be because I don't watch other series with the same level of scrutiny)
    Last edited by songar87; 21 January 2009, 12:18 AM.

Where ever it is it has to have a view of whats in front of the ship.But it sort of makes sense that it is in that tower, but if the shields fail one shot there can take it down so it's vulnerable..but of what we have seen of other 304's the bridge is in that tower.
    Tst

Comment

its kind of in the middle of the ship, if you look at any pictures from the top lookin down, where the 'neck' at the front meets the main 'body' of the ship there is a raised part. As far as i know thats wer the bridge is.

Its in a very similar location on the arura class ships to.

Dont quote me on it but a think thats wer it is...

Comment

Is there ever any definitive proof, visual or spoken (in the script), that the bridge ever actually changes places? I always assumed it was in the tower, and I've only seen, or only remember seeing, one episode ('Allies') that contradicts that placement.

Comment

I believe if you go to the Stargate Wiki and look up the BC-304, there is a detailed layout of the ship that s hows the location. I believe it is something released by MGM, so it could be official. =\

Can't post it because I can't visit the site. The school is blocking the site.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

theres a few episodes (cnt think of the names off top of my head) wer u see the rest of the ship out of the window. The angle u see of the ship give the impression that its in the middle at the start of the neck

Comment

As far as I know, this sort of uncertainty is only typical to Stargate, and it might be caused by the fact there are a few companies doing the VFX.
              And the BC-304:
              From the "window shots", it looks like the bridge is in the middle of the ship, but from the scene "entering the supergate" in Ark of Truth and the picture on MGM site, it's seen the bridge is in that tower (bytheway, in the MGM picture of the Aurora class, the bridge is also elsewhere than in the show), so the choice is yours.

Comment

http://stargate.mgm.com/images/still...1215466015.jpg

this is from the official tech journal for stargate

the bridge is in the back of the ship
                this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

Originally posted by JamesRobbo9886 View Post
                  theres a few episodes (cnt think of the names off top of my head) wer u see the rest of the ship out of the window. The angle u see of the ship give the impression that its in the middle at the start of the neck
                  Even though it isn't the Daedalus, the Odyssey (sp?) is an F-304 DSC. The screen cap is from SG-1 S10E20 Unending, in the time dilation bubble as Col. Mitchell looks out at the Ori beam that will eventually destroy the Odyssey:

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...0x20_4394.html

Will that help any?

EDIT: Or here's a better screen cap:

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...0x20_4395.html

From there you can see the front of the Odyssey.
                  Last edited by JacksonClone; 21 January 2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

The only shot we're ever given, as far as I can remember, which uses an interior/exterior shot sequence to show, on screen, the physical location of the bridge in relation to the rest of the ship is, as someone already mentioned, the point in "Ark of Truth" where the Odyssey enters the Supergate.

Also, I'm sure the design theme of keeping with US Navy (and ocean vessel design in general) construction practices, i.e., a big, flat vessel with a "control tower," is meant to imply that the bridge is in the tower. I know, in the Stargate mythos the starships belong to the Air Force. But, the Air Force doesn't have any vehicles which really exist to design from and use to create points of reference in the viewers' minds, so they went Navy.

The problem with the bridge being in the tower, though, is that in some interior shots looking out of the forward viewports, we'd see the rest of the vessel. We never do, of course, because it's an added expense in post-production which doesn't add anything to the story.

Comment

Okay just to be clear.....
                      there are two COMMAND bridges

one is situated at the front of the ship, and the second is situated toward the middle of the ship
                      Spoiler:

and the thing circled in Blue is not a COMMAND bridge

and also as is my understanding on the BC-304's the position of the bridge in use will vary depending on what ship it is.
                      "The chinese government does not believe in hiding secrets from it's people"

Comment

gunner15, you are incorrect sorry mate.
                        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Personaly I think its in the tower near the back, however in some episodes when you look out the window at the front you can see the missile bays. So it could be at the back of the missile bays at the front.

Comment

Originally posted by the missing 7 View Post
                            http://stargate.mgm.com/images/still...1215466015.jpg

this is from the official tech journal for stargate

the bridge is in the back of the ship
                            the MGM tech journal is... bull$hit. first of, it calls it the "Daedalus Battleship" class. it's been stated in the show that it's a cruiser/carrier. and have you taken a look at the other stuff? some of the stuff is... f**ked up.
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

From Ark of truth we see the ship pass through the event horizon, then we cut to the bridge where we see the crew go through the event horizon. (supergate of course)

The external of the ship as it cut away featured the tower at the rear of the ship. I believe the episode Allies which showed it lower down was in fact incorrect.

Wouldn't be the first time the CG teams messed up. It makes sense to put it up the top, as you get the best view from up there. You sit in the middle you can only see what's in front of you.

Using the tower 90% of the ship and the surrounding space is visible. it makes the best tactical decision. Not to mention all ships have a tall bridge at the rear, which is in a tower.

Why would you change a flawless design?

Comment

Working...
                              X