Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate 304's Guide : Anything, Everything and Speculations about 304's

Now the gate bridge is ruined and isn't getting rebuilt why dont the harvest the gates and put them on 304s on the back wall of the hangars a PG gate in one hangar a MW one in the other add irises we know the asgard had tiny DHDs so get some from the asgard core.

Thigs it could be used for
    1. getting suplies around easly need a spare part becase something broke dial earth/ atlantis.
    2. Crew rotation ship dosn't need to return to earth to change the crew
    3. reinforcements need more fighters send PJs through or even make an earth made gate fighter line up loads at each galaxys alpha site and there you go loads of fighters without massive hangars
    4. Odesy can dial atlantis it has a ZPM useful in emergencies
    5. secure coms gate can be used for radio signale if the ship is far from earth atlantis

And probly a lot of other things i didn't think of.

In fact the wraith should put gates on crusiers for reason 3
    Apophis did this but didn't put it in a good place he had gate fighters and a gate on his ship but didn't think of this.

thoughts?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

302s are already gate capable. Their wings detach for transport.

And It's a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

And It's a good idea.
      maybee make a folding wing 302 would probly need two folds for fast deployment or have the wings swing backwards.

Comment

I've thought about getting a Taur'i ship to act as the Gate Bridge as well-The other big plus is that a Warship is only 9 days(2 Days if ZedPM'd) away at most if you need help!

What about beaming up Earths Gate onto Oddessy and transforming her into the SGC-It eliminates a lot of risk to Earth by having Earths front door in orbit rather than among the Civilian Population. If in Saeson 1 SG-1 we had Prometheus by some fluke of Time Travel-would Earth have been put at less risk (Not the having a starship part but from having the only gate access in orbit)

Comment

I think oddy is too valuble for that the SGC should move to the antartic outpost which would also give acses to the ZPM

Comment

Well any 304 then Oddessy just was the first ship to pop into my fron

Comment

i suppose if they all had gates it would be interhangeable i mean the gate bridge had 38 gates im asuming its 17 MW 17 PG minus 1 PG that was taken to replace the one that blew up they could take a MW one and put it in antartica as a beta gate not used for receiving wormholes but would alow dialing of atlantis they should also add rings in or near the SGC for quick transport between

even after this and all the gates on the 304s there would be 13 of each typr of gate left 12 once pheonix is finished thats alot of of potental for other aplications
              and there is a spare gate above lantia that was the asuran satalite wepon and the one from apophis ship is probly floating around someplace

Comment

Good idea, the gate would have to be callibrated each time it is dialled from a new location wouldn't it? Not to mention they would need a way of shutting the gate down anytime they went to earth or any other planet with a gate... but those problems could probably be overcome, like Carter blew up a sun...
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                  Good idea, the gate would have to be callibrated each time it is dialled from a new location wouldn't it? Not to mention they would need a way of shutting the gate down anytime they went to earth or any other planet with a gate... but those problems could probably be overcome, like Carter blew up a sun...
                  The problem with callibrating the gate to a new location could be solved: we know the gate address changes because the corrolative updates transmit the gate's position to all other gates in the network and if the position changes the other gates will have to atribute a new address to the specific location. But what if we could modify the updates to transmit the same position each time... that way the gate would maintain a "static" address that never changes. It's true that the address would no longer represent its position in space but that isn't important.

Comment

Calibrating isn't necessary unless your in interstellar space or a round a planet with no gate, your gate uses the spacial coordinates of the already present gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

And It's a good idea.
                      yea it is a good idea.

and by the way 302s are not gate capable because on takeoff they cant fly straight through a gate without snapping the wings off.
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                        yea it is a good idea.

and by the way 302s are not gate capable because on takeoff they cant fly straight through a gate without snapping the wings off.
                        ...but they can be transported through a stargate. Thats what Crazy Tom was stating.

sigpic

Comment

The 302s can be taken through the gate but not fast enugh for combat.

Comment

Ok some websites say that the bridge is located on the back left of the ship aka wikipedia. Others say its located at the beginning of the neck aka stargate.wiki. does anyone know the correct location of the bridge?
                            There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                              Ok some websites say that the bridge is located on the back left of the ship aka wikipedia. Others say its located at the beginning of the neck aka stargate.wiki. does anyone know the correct location of the bridge?
                              I'd say that it's at the beginning of the neck.

The only time to my knowledge that we have seen evidence that the bridge is on that superstructure part off to the side is the Ark of Truth.

Every other episode in Atlantis shows it on the neck.

I can't be bothered searching through every Daedalus scene for references, but here is one:

And here is the bridge in the Ark of Truth which shows the bridge further back:

Comment

Working...
                              X