• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jughead (503)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    JUGHEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 503

Desmond goes in search of Faraday's mother in London, risking exposure to Charles Whidmore. In the island's past, Locke and the rest of the survivors make contact with the Others.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 05 February 2009, 08:57 PM.

HIIYYOOOOO

So. Let's see.
    Widmore is an other. Awesome, awesome reveal there.
    I wonder what led him to get off the island so much that he wants to get back?

I'm betting money that the young girl Other with the gun that was taking Faraday to the H-Bomb is actually Mrs Hawking who is also his mother.
    Which is why he said there was something familiar.

At first, last week, I said no, that the old lady with Ben at the end of last week was not Faraday's mom because I knew they were in LA, and Desmond needed to go to Oxford, so I wasn't thinking they were connected.
    But apparently, maybe it is so actually.

Also, Locke telling Richard to go visit him when he's born - well, now we know why we saw Alpert show up at the hospital and seeing Locke in the baby crib at the hospital.
    I'm sure there will be another reason we see him come back to visit Locke when he is a young boy and give him the test of recognizing the objects.

I'm really interested to see what the whole story with the h-bomb is though. I hope it's not a stupid side-story, or at least I hope it has something to do with something.

Anything I forgot?

Comment

Another very good episode IMO. This season is off to a very nice start.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved it! Ok, here's what I think...

Widmore marries someone (perhaps blondie with the gun?) and when she gets preggies with Penny, Widmore, having risen to a somewhat influential position, is able to leave the island with Penny's mom. While they're gone, someone (see total off the wall theory below) moves the island, and because Richard doesn't like Widmore, he doesn't get to come back, thus initializing his big search for the island.

Off the wall theory: Redhead that Faraday is in love with (sorry, can't remember her name) was somehow involved with the island moving, either as a child because her mom and or dad had to move it, or her mom was pregnant with her when she had to move the island. This is why she's getting the nose bleeds like Desmond was. Why, I don't know, hence this being off the wall.

Richard is so awesome! The question is, why he was so upset that child-John picked the wrong object. He clearly wanted John to be right when he visited him. Richard is such a mystery.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
          Widmore marries someone (perhaps blondie with the gun?) and when she gets preggies with Penny, Widmore, having risen to a somewhat influential position, is able to leave the island with Penny's mom.
          I think it's more likely given their mutual hatred that Widmore didn't appreciate Ben showing up as a snot nosed kid with Dharma and becoming the eventual leader of the others. Widmore probably was trying to work his way into being leader, since he claims Ben took everything that was his. Ben probably exiled him in some way.

Comment

Need to rewatch Ben's childhood episode again. Didn't Richard give the impression then that the Others weren't especially happy with their current leader?

I'm thinking that Widmore was on the island for decades, became the leader of the Others, and was ousted when Ben came to power. That's what he meant when he told Ben "That island is mine. It will be mine again."
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I agree with the theory that the girl with the gun is Faraday's mom and Ms. Hawking. They're lucky the time skip happened when it did or Sawyer would've ended up being the father lol.

I was a little surprised about Widmore, but not that he had been on the island. I kinda figured that when he told Ben he couldn't kill him. (season 4)
              Now I wanna know how he got there, or how the others came to be on the island and why Richard can live forever lol (maybe not literally)

Didn't really care about the Faraday/Charlotte love story or the Charlotte character period.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I got all teary eyed when Desmond said his babie's name was Charlie.
                When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                  I got all teary eyed when Desmond said his babie's name was Charlie.
                  yeah that was fitting
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Just from reading your posts, I'm going to guess that Widmore wanted to become the leader of the Others. But this didnt happen and now he bears a grudge against the island and everyone on it, especially Richard. It did feel that Richard didnt think much of Widmore throughout the episode, kind of like he was a "lower" other.

And you guys are thinking that Widmore wants to return to the island? Perhaps for financial gain by using time travel. But I get a kind of feeling that Widmore wants revenge (perhaps go back in time and change it so he becomes the leader of the others or go and kill jacob somehow. I dunno how, call ghostbusters maybe, he can afford them.) And perhaps this is where the hydrogen bomb comes into the story.

Just speculation but the others might have buried the bomb and Widmore probably knows exactly where (widmore to richard "You think he knows this island better than I do?" or something along those lines) And widmore plans to blow up the bomb and take the island out.

So many possibilities, but I suppose that is a lot of the fun in watching Lost

I didnt like the ending with Charlotte. to "relationshippy" instead of the usual unexpected twist

I was expecting her to go down sooner or later so it wasnt much of a suprise when she did. But to end the entire episode with that event didnt seem very "lost-like". Eps usually end on a dramatic plotline reveal, not a dramatic relationship event. I think they could have made minor edits to the script so that the final reveal was that Charles Widmore was an other, would have been a more effective ending IMO

And this all begs the question, why does Widmore's uniform have "jones" on it? Do the others not care about him so much that they wont even put his proper name on the uniform
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Ok, more thoughts that came to me from this episode:

So, the Losties are jumping through time. This includes Tailie Bernard and "Other" Juliette. This begs the question, what about the other Tailies that got taken by the others? Since it seems that the Others are not jumping through time like our Losties, are the kids and that flight attendant woman jumping too, or are they stuck with the Others (or are they all dead and this question is irrelevant)? If they are stuck with the Others, how come Juliette isn't?

Thought two is about why Richard is so old. It just hit me last night, so it's new to me but I'm sure other people have thought of it before, but I think Richard is kind of like Michael, he can't die until the island is done with him. Sure it's taken a lot longer, but I bet it's the same thing!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                        Ok, more thoughts that came to me from this episode:

So, the Losties are jumping through time. This includes Tailie Bernard and "Other" Juliette. This begs the question, what about the other Tailies that got taken by the others? Since it seems that the Others are not jumping through time like our Losties, are the kids and that flight attendant woman jumping too, or are they stuck with the Others (or are they all dead and this question is irrelevant)? If they are stuck with the Others, how come Juliette isn't?
                        That is a good question, I forgot about those guys. I am guesting that the reason they the other are not jumping may something to do with the vaccine the Dharma guy gave to everyone who came to the island. But I just remember that the others had plenty of it when clare need it, so why not vaccinate Juliet.

um I do not know. I guesting the waitress and the kids are probably alive and jumping through time. It be interesting to meet up with them in a future episode, get their story, may be a flash back episode of how they became so accepting of their fate of living on the island.

Thought two is about why Richard is so old. It just hit me last night, so it's new to me but I'm sure other people have thought of it before, but I think Richard is kind of like Michael, he can't die until the island is done with him. Sure it's taken a lot longer, but I bet it's the same thing!
                        That would be my guest is that the island/Jakob is keeping him alive to carry out what ever his mission is, perhaps to ensure John becomes Jakob?

I enjoyed this episode, so far it, it seem a lot of past mysteries are getting solved. I got the feeling the bomb is going to play a role. But I also got feeling that Widmore is not as bad as we been made out to believe, their seem to be good inside him.
                        If was from the island I wonder why he was so desperate to get the blackpearl or was it the blackrock boat.

I think Desmond story it interesting an it seem he will meet up with the six and head back to the island. Faraday came to the island to fine the cure to the girl that he test his time machine on, to correct what ever he did to her.

Comment

Surely the bomb is not what was buried behind all that concrete in the hatch...the hatch that went boom at the end of season 2. Can't possibly be but it still makes me wonder just what the heck they were dumping all that concrete on down there.

Story is definitively not getting dull.

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                          And this all begs the question, why does Widmore's uniform have "jones" on it? Do the others not care about him so much that they wont even put his proper name on the uniform
                          I think they took those uniforms off the soldiers they had just recently killed. Or that's my guess anyway.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                            The others seem to be scavengers. They probably took the military uniforms off of those they killed as their own much like they took the Dharma barracks.

On a completely unrelated note, I like how they basically told you Faraday's missing flashback story without using a flashback. Faraday continues experiments. Uses it on some woman he might have had some relationship with. Her consciousness gets stuck time jumping, and he can't reverse it and abandons her for some reason. Maybe he had some sort of mental breakdown which is why the only flashback we got last year of him he had a caretaker. Then it's revealed Widmore has funded all of his research.

Comment

Didn't they say something near the end of season 4 about the Others going to a temple or something? Maybe there was something there that kept them from jumping through time.

Comment

Working...
                              X