No announcement yet.

Jughead (503)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was wonderful again and I can hardly describe it, how much I enjoyed it.

I don't know why are you surprised Widmore is an Other. I knew it or at least I guessed it, because he knows so much about Ben and the Island. And if I remember well they revealed he is immortal outside like Richard in a Ben or a Michael episode, so he had to be on the Island earlier.

LOST has sat on the throne of TV shows three years ago and it seems they deserve this title. The writers are very creative to tell us their complex story with surprising twist. Flashbacks, flashforward and now time-traveling to past and future. Simply amazing idea.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Review: Lost 5.3: "Jughead"

Overall, this was another solid early season episode for "Lost", continuing the stated mission of advancing the story while giving specific attention to bringing the apparent loose ends together into a reasonably logical tapestry. Connections and explanations are coming fast and furious now, and the fans that stuck with the show are being deeply rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
        I got all teary eyed when Desmond said his babie's name was Charlie.

Wouldn't it be funny if that baby was the charlie that died on the island, and desmond was his father all this time. Through all this time jumping, it could happen

Desmond and penny could go to the island together and leave charlie with adopted parents. Through all the fates connected, when the oceanic flight crashes in a different time, Charlie and desmond meet up again on the island. Only they never knew.

Maybe the visions Desmond had of saving charlies life is more connected then we thought.

Am i crazy or what?

Also, anyone else think Richard could have crashed on the island with the blackrock? And that's how he got there in the first place. He's just been there for hundreds on years, waiting for the island to let him die.
        Last edited by Alan Wake; 29 January 2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          Wouldn't it be funny if that baby was the charlie that died on the island, and desmond was his father all this time. Through all this time jumping, it could happen

Desmond and penny could go to the island together and leave charlie with adopted parents. Through all the fates connected, when the oceanic flight crashes in a different time, Charlie and desmond meet up again on the island. Only they never knew.

Maybe the visions Desmond had of saving charlies life is more connected then we thought.

Am i crazy or what?
          I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only crazy one

Comment

No offense, but I think having "baby Charlie" turn out to be Charlie Pace would be ridiculous. Time moves forward and, so far, we haven't seen anyone go back in time and be stuck there, so there is no reason to think baby Charlie would be somehow thrown back in time to stay. Baby Charlie is an homage to poor drowned Charlie who saved Desmond's life by shutting the door. It's "aww" and sniffle worthy, not deep contemplation worthy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

Am i crazy or what?

Also, anyone else think Richard could have crashed on the island with the blackrock? And that's how he got there in the first place. He's just been there for hundreds on years, waiting for the island to let him die.
              I don't know about the baby/Charlie stuff but it could be possible that Richard was part of the Black Rock crew. I doubt it though - I think he came to the island the same way Widmore and the Others did... whatever that is
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

great episode one little criticism though, at the end locke says its 1954 but earlier in the episode we saw claymores along the creek which didnt exist until 1960, from looking up the weapons and nuclear tests during the episode i came to 1960-1962 as the possible time frame for the episode

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                  great episode one little criticism though, at the end locke says its 1954 but earlier in the episode we saw claymores along the creek which didnt exist until 1960, from looking up the weapons and nuclear tests during the episode i came to 1960-1962 as the possible time frame for the episode
                  I don't know how they can explain the early use of claymores (although they were in the R&D process in 1954), but the US did nuclear testing in the Bikini Atoll as early as 1946. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_Island
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                    it was 1954 as proof:
                    a) Locke said he was going to be born in 2 years (1956) and if it was already the '60's then Richard would already know who Locke was.
                    b) The Mark 17 Nuclear bomb (aka Jughead) was made in 1954.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                      it was 1954 as proof:
                      a) Locke said he was going to be born in 2 years (1956) and if it was already the '60's then Richard would already know who Locke was.
                      b) The Mark 17 Nuclear bomb (aka Jughead) was made in 1954.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe Jughead, due to it being cracked, is responcible for all the pregnancy deaths on the island? Possibly?

Also, I'm calling the Season 6 ending will be that they unearth Jughead, for some reason it's still in a workable condition, they detonate it, destroying the island and removing it from time; so 815 never crashes, Desmond's never shipwrecked, the Freighter isn't sent, the DHARMA Initiative never arrives, Rousseau's expedition never arrives, the US Military never arrives and the Black Rock never crashes. Everyone leads normal, islandless lives, for better or for worse.

Basically, rewriting all of the six seasons and beyond. Final scene being aboard 815, experiencing minor turbulence, but nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                        X