In Honor and Memory of Hammond...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Honor and Memory of Hammond...

I loved that the writers (Mallozzi and Mullie) dedicated a small part of the episode to Don S. Davis. Writing in where his character had the same, unfortunate fate, they dedicated a future BC-304 ship in honor of him. (Which Carter will eventually command once it is completed.)

Perfect move.

Rest in peace Don. You will be missed (and so will your excellent acting and the character you portrayed, General George Hammond.)

Discuss.
    Last edited by Orion Antreas; 09 January 2009, 07:07 PM.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Hats off. Be at Peace Don S. Davis

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I had to rewind my DVR and watch that scene again, I was so moved by the tribute. Granted I'm all a mess from the end of my favorite show, but I was very happy they acknowledged him.

Comment

Yeah it was a nice little tribute

Comment

Very nice and fitting, the first commander, immortalized in Earth's first and last line of defense. Rest in peace Mr. Davis, and General Hammond.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

I love that TPTB wrote that part in. And having them name a ship after the character Don played was really great. I hope we see, or at least hear about it from time to time, in the movies.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rest in Peace and we remember you forever, Gen. Hammond

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                Rest in Peace and we remember you forever, Gen. Hammond
                Yes, we will remember him forever.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it was fitting to say the least... at least they're are honoring him.... *sniffle* a good man indeed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                    I loved that the writers (Mallozzi and Mullie) dedicated a small part of the episode to Don S. Davis. Writing in where his character had the same, unfortunate fate, they dedicated a future BC-304 ship in honor of him. (Which Carter will eventually command once it is completed.)

Perfect move.

Rest in peace Don. You will be missed (and so will your excellent acting and the character you portrayed, General George Hammond.)
                    Well put, I thought it was a very nice tribute to a great character and wonderful man, and quite fitting that Carter will be the one to command it.

sigpic

Comment

I loved that. It was a nice tribute. We'll miss you, Don.

Comment

I didn't like it at all, felt forced, and mentioning that it was a heart attack seemed in bad taste to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I didn't like it at all, felt forced, and mentioning that it was a heart attack seemed in bad taste to me.
                          Except he really did die of a heart attack. Doesn't matter if you don't like it.
                          I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

I thought it was one of the better more emotional parts of the episode, everything else not so much.

Comment

I liked it. Nicely done.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                              X