Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
    yeah that could work for us, but I mean like with possible new races we might encounter what kind of mind control technology would they possibly have?

(but they could have it in the way you suggested, through some kind of probe that is implanted into the brain and feeds information into it, secretly controlling them.

(that could actually work as an episode concept...... hmmmmm....)

Possible Concept;

Team visits a planet that has similer technology to what we may have in 30 years time thanks to the tech we've found through the gate.

They trade with us = food + supplies for information about what the ship has found during itsjourney etc.

they stay the night and one of the team is implanted with the probe, so that once back on the ship, they start to sabotage it without even realising it as they attempt to deliver the ship to the people on the planet.

possible maybe?
    its just like a plot device from b5, but it was a parasite not a pece of tech, but i do like it

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
      the asgard have trek style replicators so they may turn up anyway cos its only logical that the ancients has something similar (the device daniel useg to make the anti ori weapon for instance but less grand)

and welcome to the forum
      I guess your right. Mabye thay could have special power requirements that the team dont have.

Speaking of replicators, how come they never tried to use the asgard ones or the machine that rodney used to create Fran and try to replicate a ZPM and spare puddlejumper parts or any other ancient tech.

My own childish fantasy, i would like to see a freeze ray.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
        I guess your right. Mabye thay could have special power requirements that the team dont have.

Speaking of replicators, how come they never tried to use the asgard ones or the machine that rodney used to create Fran and try to replicate a ZPM and spare puddlejumper parts or any other ancient tech.

My own childish fantasy, i would like to see a freeze ray.
        unlike the asgard replicators which we have not rebuilt yet from the data in the core (the only functional asgard replicator is on the oddie) i think there are special production requirements for things like zpm's its one thing to put atoms in the right order its another to make them work as a device. as for jumper parts i dont know why they havnt made sum, perfaps they have but they arnt too good (grace under pressure had a repaired jumper and it failed) when it comes to mecmanical parts it could built them but it cant reproduce the ways it may have been strengthened (heat treatments and such)

Comment

Giving the ship some kind of fighter or reconnaissance craft would be pretty cool too. Sort of an Ancient equivalent of the F-302 or Wraith dart. They, of course, would have to be automated, but the idea is nevertheless cool.

It'd also be nice for the Destiny to finally be the the first Ancient vessel not armed with drones. They may be good weapons, but you kinda get the impression that the Ancients designed one weapon system...and used it for literally millions of years without ever designing another.

And we absolutely must include the ultimate piece of technology.... an Ancient washing machine. Now that'd be something to see.... .

Comment

Originally posted by Vis Uban View Post
            Giving the ship some kind of fighter or reconnaissance craft would be pretty cool too. Sort of an Ancient equivalent of the F-302 or Wraith dart. They, of course, would have to be automated, but the idea is nevertheless cool.

It'd also be nice for the Destiny to finally be the the first Ancient vessel not armed with drones. They may be good weapons, but you kinda get the impression that the Ancients designed one weapon system...and used it for literally millions of years without ever designing another.

And we absolutely must include the ultimate piece of technology.... an Ancient washing machine. Now that'd be something to see.... .
            perhaps a recon package propelled by a drone

Comment

There was this episode of the Outer Limits where the ship's AI enslaved the crew. I loved the AI's brooding about how vicious humans are in that episode to justify its own viciousness. It made for some good dialogue--crazy, but good.

It'd be cool if the AI was still there, but disconnected to keep it from having too much power. That way, we could hear its philosophizing without every episode being about it trying to keep the humans in their place.

Hmm....I couldn't work gremlins into this post...I must be slipping.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                There was this episode of the Outer Limits where the ship's AI enslaved the crew. I loved the AI's brooding about how vicious humans are in that episode to justify its own viciousness. It made for some good dialogue--crazy, but good.

It'd be cool if the AI was still there, but disconnected to keep it from having too much power. That way, we could hear its philosophizing without every episode being about it trying to keep the humans in their place.

Hmm....I couldn't work gremlins into this post...I must be slipping.
                was it the one with robert patric? one was on a ship and he was in a second one aswell where he was a prisoner of a random alien race it ws sub titled Quality of mercy, i think the other was The light bregade (with will weaton)

Comment

I don't know the actors' names. It was mostly just this one young guy who called the ship "Ship" and there was a girl who operated a different ship who the ship allowed him to meet for breeding. There were flashbacks to him when he was young learning from his dad.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                    I don't know the actors' names. It was mostly just this one young guy who called the ship "Ship" and there was a girl who operated a different ship who the ship allowed him to meet for breeding. There were flashbacks to him when he was young learning from his dad.
                    I think i remember seeing an episode of the outer limmits with Tori Higginson traped in a building controlled by some kind of AI, but im not sure it was a long time ago.
                    sigpic

Comment

you could also have the AI as the voice that does the "Previously on Stargate Universe..." bit, which would be cool.

I kinda want the AI to be female, dunno if its becase I've been spoiled by Cortana from the Halo games and Serina from Halo Wars, it just seems to fit for me....

Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                        thats a pretty hard bit of kit to build, itd be easier building a zpm outa a coathanger, a pencil and a rubber band (gcguyver could do it)
                        NOPE! you missed the point... nothing truly "useful" must be there... like the exploding tumor machine in sga! They need a ferengi tooth sharpener that worf liked in DS9.
                        Last edited by Rac80; 03 March 2009, 03:16 PM. Reason: typo queen reclaims her throne!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          NOPE! you missed the point... nothing truly "useful" must be there... like the exploding tumor machine in sga! They need a ferengi tooth chaprener that worf liked in DS9.
                          a dremel works just as well, i tried after many drinks once (not recomended)

Comment

i still wanna see our current infantry weapons and i dont wanna see them stuck with P90s all the time...its gradually being replaced by the G36Ks so i would rather see more of those...since its more logical that a carbine beats a PDW any day really

Comment

wonder if we'll ever see some kind of Transformer style robot?

that would be weird, but cool...

Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

-Hostile aliens from the Daedalus Variations. At least, their tech level. None of this village crap.
                                -Have advanced societies be what they are because they wanted to follow the ship that brought the Stargate to their worlds.
                                -Ability to use the grandest of Ancient technology, but not being able to bring it back to Earth Healing devices, hand-held particle weapons however not as powerful as Ronon's gun.
                                -Have something similar to the Asgard core. Maybe even make it so that the Asgard were able to imitate the Ancients replication technology - food, water, and other essentials being able to be replicated on a whim so long as they have the power.
                                -True vacuum energy - why the Destiny hasn't run out of power yet. Have a little side explanation why the ancients switched to finite ZeroPointModules. (Vacuum energy is infinite, it always replenishes itself.)
                                -I want a BSG type of ship - if it's been in a battle you'll see the scars before and after that section of the ship has been repaired.
                                -Get rid of the P-90 and use the M4 Carbine or the Steyr AUG A1
                                -Ring transportation but no beaming technology.
                                -The original Ancients who were on the Destiny prior to ascending were pragmatic. They knew that not all the civilizations they visit would not be so kind. Armed with this knowledge, they developed a type of battle armor- again, similar to the exoskeletons that the 'Lost Tribe' of the Asgard have.
                                -'LAUNCH VIPERS!' A true space battle is between the opposing faction's pilots, not just the two mother ships. Albeit, those can still be pretty awesome

I'm not saying that TPTB should copy and paste ideas that have already been used. I am saying that the ideas that have already been used are, well... grand. I hope that they see that they can use them and make them their own.
                                http://www.geekologie.com/2008/12/19/bk-flame.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X