Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the tech level is in SGU, I want it current to the Stargate program. They should be well equipped for just about every forseeable eventuality.

Comment

dude mini-drone guns!!!!!seriously it will be awesome!!!
      or some kind of lightsaber lol

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
        or some kind of lightsaber lol
        MINI-DRONE GUNS! that'd be awesome I'd like to see sensors that produced a 3D version of what they were scanning.
        "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
          Hate to burst your bubble, but the Destiny predates Atlantis, which means that it predates the Ancient colonization of Pegasus. However, mini-drones apparently weren't developed until the Ancients got to Pegasus. Therefore, no mini-drones for the Destiny.

Indeed, I think it would be great if the Destiny predated drone weapons altogether, and was instead equipped with some precursor to the Ancients' most iconic weapon.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
            Hate to burst your bubble, but the Destiny predates Atlantis, which means that it predates the Ancient colonization of Pegasus. However, mini-drones apparently weren't developed until the Ancients got to Pegasus. Therefore, no mini-drones for the Destiny.

Indeed, I think it would be great if the Destiny predated drone weapons altogether, and was instead equipped with some precursor to the Ancients' most iconic weapon.
            lol i know but i still would like to see some kind of ancient gun that is NOT those things the replicators in pegasus used.but yeah something related to dronesi some way will do.....but yeah my bubble is burst

Comment

How about an almost automatic energy weapon. Something that shoots in more of a rapid fire mode. Pistol version and Assault Rifle.

Maybe some kind of body armor that increases strength and other senses.
              sigpic

Comment

ion rifle thats more like a bazooka. so it DOES damage. think "staffweapon", 10000% more accuracy and some more power.

Comment

What new tech I'd like to see on Universe:

1. Transparent Touch-Screens (Screens aswell as Keyboards)

2. Holographic Imaging Devices that surrounds the user with information

3. A super huge curved viewscreen on the Destiny Bridge (Think Star Trek Generations Stellar Cartography Room)

4. Some form of Holodeck Technology for Training purposes

5. A big IMAX room to use for displaying information about the galaxies The Destiny has been to.

Thats just some of the stuff I hope to see. (Probably waaaay to expensive too get all those visual effects though) But one can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelwithsoul View Post
                    3. A super huge curved viewscreen on the Destiny Bridge (Think Star Trek Generations Stellar Cartography Room)

5. A big IMAX room to use for displaying information about the galaxies The Destiny has been to.
                    thats what I was saying, it should be a combo of the astrometrics room from Star Trek Voyager, the hologram room from Atlantis and that mapping thing thats in the Jedi temple in Star Wars 2: Attack Of The Clones
                    Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

once again i suggest a ...mini drone gun...and i will forever!!lol

Comment

more advanced medical technology. even though atlantis has a bunch of ancient knowledge, we really haven't seen any really good medical technology!
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

true that^

Comment

but i wanna see if they still have standard modern weaponary like G36Ks and such...i wonder how the uniforms will look too...let alone if they have any body armor that would actually protect them!

Comment

How about seeing somekind of EMP bomb, that specifically designed to destroy elecrical systems and cripple ships?
                              Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

BODY ARMOR! you need BODY ARMOR that would actually protect them!

Comment

Working...
                                X