Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skimpy Outfits - Did Stargate Atlantis Ever Use Them?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm no only a few outfits have been revealing, but i wouldn't call them skimpy
    Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
      scimpy would be brain storm (KELLER)
      You really think so? I personally found that dress to be rather on the conservative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        Teyla doesn't wear her skimpy outfits to a night club, she wears them everywhere.
        She does?

Since when? Do you just mean the cleavage?

Rather tame, don't you think?

Comment

You want something in a nice gownless evening strap?

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            She does?
            publicity shot

dunno if the origin of this one is an episode or publicity

A different session of publicity shots

an episode with the same clothes, the scene as can be seen is a fighting one where the clothes are compeltely and utterly impractical

pregnancy clothes

Look at the difference between what everyone else is wearing and what Teyla is

There are all from the first pages of the google image search. I could have gone for more but I think that makes my point quite clear - especially as the vast majority of pictures showing up in the search are publicity ones. She's being sold as the sexy alien. True, there are plenty of episodes she's wearing her Atlantis Jacket just like everyone (although, mind, underneath she's usually in a tanktop and not a regular t-shirt like the rest, Weir included) but there are plenty of other instances when she's not, including, as I pointed out, those cases when she practices fighting which makes her leg-revealing skirt and rather tight tanktop seem to me completely uncomfortable for such an activity. She's wearing that cos it's sexy, not because it's practical.

You're right in that it's mainly a bit of cleavage, seeing a bit of a leg, seeing her stomach etc. - could be worse. Yes, she could have been dressed as a ponr star, too... The fact is, she's the only one of the regular cast dressed that way, and for a reason.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh...I thought you meant in the show. We know she dresses "skimpy" for training (it gets hot, man), and she was wearing her sleepware in that Kindred shot, so of course, it'll be skimpy.

Otherwise, she's pretty covered up on the show, save for cleavage shots here and there.

But ok, fine, publicity shots shows off her assets. What else is new in Hollywood?

Comment

Okay, nmaybe I did stray a bit frmo the earlier definition of the skimpy, but I see it as the same origin as the way she's dressed up in the publicity shots - and as I poihnted out earlier, the skimpiest of these publicity dressings did make it to the show itself, and yes, in a fight scene where it might be hot but it's still completely impractical because it's a lot more likely she'd trip over that weird skirt and fall and/or feel extemely uncomfortable with such a tight tanktop while training.

All the women I've seen training in real life did it with loose clothes.

So - yes. She wears clothes that are made to make her look hot and sexy in situations where it makes no sense other than having scantly clad women in a science fiction show.... and that was even before the leather
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

In order words, this:

Teyla doesn't wear her skimpy outfits to a night club, she wears them everywhere.
                  ...is false, yes?

Comment

In season 1 she seemed to gravitate more towards the revealing than the "team" outfits, if I recall correctly.
                    sigpic

Comment

In order words, this:

...is false, yes?
                      Only one word in it.

But okay, I'm big enough to admit I was wrong. This is definitely badly-worded,a nd should now be read as:
                      Teyla doesn't wear her skimpy outfits to a night club, she wears them to a lot of other places, even when they are impractical in that situation.
                      Doesn't ring as well, though. A bit of a mouthful. Bot as catchy.
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh...I thought you meant in the show. We know she dresses "skimpy" for training (it gets hot, man)
                        Funny, then why aren't we seeing the men of Atlantis wearing skimpy outfits, like, say, tight tanktops and shorts, for training?

Why do Ronon and John jog, spar and practice in pretty lose clothes that cover everything, most of the time what they wear normally? Why would John wear a blue military whatchamacallit shirt when jogging? Why would he want to ruin it with sweat instead of, saying, a tanktop or at least a t-shirt, things that were designed for wearing when working out?

Besides, when you're training, you don't want a tight top which leaves little room for moving your upper-body and a revealing skirt cut in a way as to show skin but skill occasionally cover it, you want something you can move around in easily, like, say, pants.

Imagine if you tripped on your skirt while practicing. It'd be painful when you misssed that dodge.
                        Last edited by FallenAngelII; 16 December 2008, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

Doesn't ring as well, though. A bit of a mouthful. Bot as catchy.
                          But she doesn't wear them to a lot of places either. She only wears them during training.

Again, unless you count the cleavage. In that case we'll have to agree to disagree on what's "skimpy".

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          Funny, then why aren't we seeing the men of Atlantis wearing skimpy outfits, like, say, tight tanktops and shorts, for training?
                          As with Pitry, I will admit that Teyla's training clothes is indeed for flaunting Teyla's hawtness.

Though Ronon tends to go sleeveless anyway, to appeal to the ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
                            Teyla got skimpy a few times while doing some practice fight scenes in the gym with Sheppard or Ronan.
                            Yeah Teyla comes to mind a couple of times. Larin (sp) too.
                            You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
                              None at all. good for stargate, no need to objectify women; they stand out on their own.
                              Skimpy outfits = objectifying women?

I think not.

Comment

Skimpy seriously? I really have not seen anything skimpy on this show, and I've watched every episode and SG-1 only had a Vala and that was noted up front. Hey wait whats wrong with hot women in skimpy outfits, nothing nothing I say!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X