The unimportance of Teyla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unimportance of Teyla

This week I noticed something was missing, and it wasn't until Carson started his surgery that I figured it out. Until that point I hadn't noticed Teyla at all in the episode, in fact it was to the point that I didn't think she had gone offworld with the team, she was just there in the background doing nothing. Only when she was stood next to carson and was one of only two characters on screen that I actually remembered her in a kind of "oh yeah, Teyla's still in it" kind of way.

Personally I have nothing against Keller (and in fact I hated Teyla's storyline with Michael and her pregnancy) but she is getting loads of episodes this season and other characters are taking a back seat. Why are the writers no longer making use of the other characters. Not only are they not using Teyla anymore, they are putting her in such minor roles that some how I forgot she even existed.

What are the writers playing at? Seriously

They are soooooooooooooooooo in love with Keller and McKeller that's all they care about any more.....So apart from two or three eps this season she's been pretty much reduced to a recurring character to make way for Keller

Half the time I barely even notice Shep

At least with this love triangle from hell it gave Ronon something to do but sice that's not there any more he's pretty much redundant too!
    sigpic

Comment

Seriously. When watching this episode, I was couting: "15 minutes in, and still no Teyla."

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Seriously. When watching this episode, I was couting: "15 minutes in, and still no Teyla."
        Yep....I was pretty much like...Where the hell is Teyla Heck even Carson was pretty invisible until Keller got shot!
        sigpic

Comment

I could count the lines she had one one hand.
          supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

I'm quite sure its probably due to her having a baby recently so not available as much anymore?!?!?!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
            My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

JM himself mentioned on his blog that we would be seeing a lot more Teyla this season and that she would be back full time.....Yeah not seeing it yet
              sigpic

Comment

I've got to say that however much I like McKeller ***runs to cover***, the less and less use of Teyla really has become noticeable this season. Oh well, I'm fine with favouring Keller. She is hot.
                Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

McKeller makes me want to scrub my eyes out with brillo pads....It's the worse ship they could have ever invented.......

Teyla is way hotter than Keller and she has more class

Keller's like a little girl alot of the times
                  sigpic

Comment

"I agree. I hate this blasted love triangle. I miss Sheppard, Teyla, and the Wraith. It makes me sad to see that the last season of SGA is becoming the worst thought out and the most poorly executed."
                    -Hermiod

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

What are you all talking about? Teyla was an important part of this episode! Without her who would hold the I.V. bag and the metal pan?

Teyla is the most prominent I.V. rack since that blood spattered one featured on that last episode of ER...

Comment

"And these are news"? Seriously, Teyla's barely been there all season because little miss Keller + her love triangle + her dating Rodney has taken over and the writers can barely write for one female character at a time, let alone two?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          "And these are news"? Seriously, Teyla's barely been there all season because little miss Keller + her love triangle + her dating Rodney has taken over and the writers can barely write for one female character at a time, let alone two?
                          I count Teyla having at least three episodes about her this season:

Spoiler:

- the one where she's giving birth to her kid
                          - the one where she's trying to figure out if she's staying on the team
                          - the one where Michael is trying to destroy the city and she kicks him off the tower
                          I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post

Spoiler:

- the one where Michael is trying to destroy the city and she kicks him off the tower
                            Is this sarcasm or are you implying this is enough for a main character?

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa View Post

Spoiler:

Don't forget The Queen.

Comment

Working...
                              X