Why has Teyla's wardrobe changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why has Teyla's wardrobe changed?

Because she's nothing but a generic soldier now...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Stormtrooper; 14 December 2008, 03:50 AM.
    sigpic

Its sad that 'wears skimpy outfits' can be seen as a good portion of one's characters and one's appeal.

If I had to guess its because she's a mother; thus being skimpily dressed is not seen as thematically appropriate.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
      Because she's nothing but a generic soldier now...

Thoughts?
      I remember reading that they made a conscious decision to not have them while she was pregnant last season. They must have just continued it this season Along with the lack of Teyla in episodes
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I wouldnt call her outfits skimpy. She wore her athosian top and normal pants and that skirt while stick fighting, but I wouldnt call any of them skimpy... but yet her outfits always seemed to be a bone of contention back in earlier seasons.

Her top in Prodical was pretty much the same as the kind she wore in similiar seasons.. but Teyla is seemingly spoken for now so no one seems to care less how she dresses.. and I guess the writers think it's improper somehow to show any skin once you've given birth, and have an invisible boyfriend hiding on Atlantis somewhere..
        sigpic

Comment

Because she's a mom and I don't think TPTB are into moms.

Comment

It is all that unusual for Mom's in general to start dressing more conservatively after they have had a kid, sometimes to hid some of the physical changes that happens to alot of women after pregnancy, and/or sometimes just because a woman may feel differently after having a kid.

I would assume that TPTB, most being husbands and fathers, would be aware of this and maybe Rachel has requested it.

She still looks very nice in her outfits!
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Did she ever wear anything particularly skimpy in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                It is all that unusual for Mom's in general to start dressing more conservatively after they have had a kid, sometimes to hid some of the physical changes that happens to alot of women after pregnancy, and/or sometimes just because a woman may feel differently after having a kid.
                Sorry, but you're treating Teyla as a Tau'ri woman. The writers have committed the same mistake. As an Athosian, Teyla should have her own culture and values. If she didn't mind fighting the Wraith with her belly button exposed before, a mere pregnancy wouldn't change her habits.

Truth is, TPTW consider Keller the show's babe now. IMO, that's why she's got to wear the suggestive outfits now (examples: Brain Fart and Identity Loss).

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Did she ever wear anything particularly skimpy in the first place?
                Spoiler:

Did you ever watch Atlantis?
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

The second one is at a stretch, the other two aren't at all, not sure what you're talking about there...

Comment

Truth is, TPTW consider Keller the show's babe now. IMO, that's why she's got to wear the suggestive outfits now (examples: Brain Fart and Identity Loss).
                    In all honesty im struggling to think of any character in Atlantis (whether it be a main character or guest character) who has worn what i would call "skimpy" clothing. Stargate Atlantis is actually extremely conservative when it comes to characters outfits and personally abit of cleavage isnt what i would call "skimpy".

Comment

Sorry, but you're treating Teyla as a Tau'ri woman. The writers have committed the same mistake. As an Athosian, Teyla should have her own culture and values. If she didn't mind fighting the Wraith with her belly button exposed before, a mere pregnancy wouldn't change her habits.
                      Excuse me, but I am not treating Teyla as if her change in dress is a mistake, nor do I feel the writers are making a mistake, for all we know it could be Rachel asking to tone it down abit. The writers have said in the past that they do take the actors concerns and comfort into account in regards to their dress on the show.

We do not know what Teyla's own culture and values would be in regards to how Athosian women dress after a pregnancy because it hasn't been shown.
                      And a pregnancy is not a mere pregnancy. It changes women, both physically and emotionally, and I think that Athosian women would be subjected to similar changes physically and emotionally.

I really don't understand where the connection is here between Teyla fighting the Wraith has to do with how she now dresses. The two issues are not related IMO. Teyla doesn't have to show her belly button in order to fight the Wraith.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

No point trying to lure in more young male viewers anymore.

Same reason why I'll probably never get my full frontal hivequeen nudity.

Comment

I think TPTB forgot the concept of "culture" past S2. It's easier to make Teyla fulled Americanized unless it's convenient.

Comment

Yeah the clothes she wore during seasons 1, 2, and 3 were cultural. Maybe they showed a few features here and there, but in no way are her outfits skimpy.
                            Also, women do usually dress more conservatively after birth, perhaps too hide excess?
                            But there goes our one little bit of culture in the team, eh.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Spoiler:

If you consider those outfits "skimpy" you should get out more

lol seriously those arent too bad.. the second one is probably the most revealing but still not skimpy..

when someone says skimpy I think of Baywatch and even that wasnt TOO skimpy..
                              sigpic
                              I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
                              "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
                              Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

Working...
                              X