I Have An Idea about Todd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have An Idea about Todd

When Todd goes to get bitten by the iratus bug, to cure him self, he will be successful. But he said that 100,000 years ago, that would work. I am suspecting that it does not work properly. He will change, drastically, he will become some vicious monster, that has instincts like a iratus but, the kindness of a iratus but (im not saying that Todd was nice to start out with). But he will change. and he will be the enemy at the gate, and prob the major villain in Stargate Twilight.

sigpic
    Sig made by squirrely1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
    When Todd goes to get bitten by the iratus bug, to cure him self, he will be successful. But he said that 100,000 years ago, that would work. I am suspecting that it does not work properly. He will change, drastically, he will become some vicious monster, that has instincts like a iratus but, the kindness of a iratus but (im not saying that Todd was nice to start out with). But he will change. and he will be the enemy at the gate, and prob the major villain in Stargate Twilight.

Not so sure about that. Todd said, very sincerely, too...that he would not forget Sheppard's compassion in letting him go. The theme of compassion was woven throughout this ep, and - I suspect - done so to teach Todd the concept of compassion. From the sounds of it, there is a Wraith threat in the final episode, but I would not be surprised if Todd comes to the aid of the Lanteans, if for nothing else than to pay back to Sheppard what he owes him...as compassionate an act any Wraith can give. However, in this regard my biggest fear is that they will use this as an opportunity to have Todd do something ultimately 'noble', such as sacrifice himself so the humans can live. That would totally suck. And it would totally destroy the character, and all they have done with him, to turn him into just another villain. He's come way to far for that.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Not so sure about that. Todd said, very sincerely, too...that he would not forget Sheppard's compassion in letting him go. The theme of compassion was woven throughout this ep, and - I suspect - done so to teach Todd the concept of compassion. From the sounds of it, there is a Wraith threat in the final episode, but I would not be surprised if Todd comes to the aid of the Lanteans, if for nothing else than to pay back to Sheppard what he owes him...as compassionate an act any Wraith can give. However, in this regard my biggest fear is that they will use this as an opportunity to have Todd do something ultimately 'noble', such as sacrifice himself so the humans can live. That would totally suck. And it would totally destroy the character, and all they have done with him, to turn him into just another villain. He's come way to far for that.

das

well he is in the movie, so i doubt it.

sigpic
      Sig made by squirrely1

Comment

Spoiler:
        well he is in the movie, so i doubt it
        Well technically we don't that for sure. JM hinted at him being in the movie but this wouldn't be the first time fans have misread what JM has said
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually, Todd said that 100,000 years ago, it wouldn't work most of the time, as it would cause the Wraith in question to die. However, now that Todd has recieved the treatment, maybe it will work. Well, we know it will work. I just doubt that he'll become the villian, even though the promo pics show him as a prisoner again.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Well, we always see Todd as a prisoner. always at least 2 guards on him at all times (though they could search him better).
            And while that old treatment almost always killed the Wraith in question, Todd isn't an ordinary Wraith right now: who knows, this could actually be the thing that doesn't restore him to normal Wraith functionality, but actually does what the whole 'retro-virus' idea was supposed to do.
            Or at least make him a less evil Hybrid.

Comment

I sincerely hope that he won't turn into an Iratus a$$...

I disagree with the rest of the post.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

well what ever floats ur boat

sigpic
                Sig made by squirrely1

Comment

I'm just saying he gets cured of his "Cancer" (without Questing the whole feeding hand thing; Although, I don't think he's going to be feeding on humans anymore)

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                    Well, we always see Todd as a prisoner. always at least 2 guards on him at all times (though they could search him better).
                    And while that old treatment almost always killed the Wraith in question, Todd isn't an ordinary Wraith right now: who knows, this could actually be the thing that doesn't restore him to normal Wraith functionality, but actually does what the whole 'retro-virus' idea was supposed to do.
                    Or at least make him a less evil Hybrid.
                    That would be great. I would love to see Christopher on again with no makeup, although people might mistake him for that Athosian guy.

Comment

The Wraith haven't been around for that long. Because I doubt they went 90,000 years without warring with the Ancients (and the War only lasted 100 years, upon whose end the Ancients left for Earth 8000 B.C. So the Wraith are around 10100+ years old).

Also, why shouldn't it work for Todd? Todd was actually alive 10.000 years ago, so if it worked 10.000 years ago, then it should work for him, since he was born then.

So as long as the Iratus bug hasn't changed drastically, it should still work.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Not so sure about that. Todd said, very sincerely, too...
                      Todd is known to honor his promises and his word. He's also known to not lie. Deceive and not tell the entire truth, yeah. But not outright lying.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        The Wraith haven't been around for that long. Because I doubt they went 90,000 years without warring with the Ancients (and the War only lasted 100 years, upon whose end the Ancients left for Earth 8000 B.C. So the Wraith are around 10100+ years old).
                        The transcript confirms what I thought I heard.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/517.shtml

Hundreds of thousands of years ago there was a treatment of last resort.

That's several lots of 100,000 years that the Wraith have been around. It doesn't make sense that the Lanteans didn't find them until just over 10,000 years ago but I'm guessing we viewers aren't supposed to question such things.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                          That's several lots of 100,000 years that the Wraith have been around. It doesn't make sense that the Lanteans didn't find them until just over 10,000 years ago but I'm guessing we viewers aren't supposed to question such things.
                          The writers are hacks (at writing). What else is new. Either it's a retcon or it's them not remembering their own writing and writing in plot holes, who knows.

Either way, it makes for bad TV for us thinking and analyzing viewers (as opposed to those who just view Atlantis casually).

Comment

Hopefully as an interesting turn of events when Todd finds an Iratus Queen and allows it to bite him... it doesn't grant him his feeding ability back. At which point he'd be stuck as a wraith that can't feed...

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
                              Hopefully as an interesting turn of events when Todd finds an Iratus Queen and allows it to bite him... it doesn't grant him his feeding ability back. At which point he'd be stuck as a wraith that can't feed...
                              Todd's a steak and potatos kind of guy... O_O Right after we figure out the teeth problem and move off the liquid diet.
                              Thinking now...Technically the bug should kill the cancer/ boost his imune system so he could heal himself. I think? He wouldn't get the feeding ability back. (Example: you cut off an arm your not growing it back no matter how much you let the Iratus bug feed on you) That just makes sence to me.
                              All Wraith without Depending on humans to live. Truely un-leshed.

Comment

Working...
                              X