Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Todd be the only Wraith who doesn't need to feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will Todd be the only Wraith who doesn't need to feed?

i have no doubt that he'll survive being cured by the bug queen. he'll be very unique wraith since he'll be the only one who doesn't need to feed.

maybe he'll be rejected and exiled by the rest of the Wraith because of this and will come to Atlantis and join shepperd's team

I'm sure the IOA, Woolsey and in particular Ronan will LOVE that idea. lol
    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

I think this could be a possibility - however, since I love the Wraith as a whole, and not just Todd (though I do adore that big, handsome hunk of bugmeat ), I will not be happy if they only save ONE Wraith, while exterminating the rest.

das
      sigpic

Comment

I think he would be rejected. Micheal was rejected for being different after all. And even though Todd is less different, he is still different. And I don't think they'll be to happy about it. *nod nod* My own personal opinion of course.
        sigpic

Comment

nah, he will find his way to the top, maybe with some of our help, but he will

sigpic
          Sig made by squirrely1
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
          *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
            i have no doubt that he'll survive being cured by the bug queen. he'll be very unique wraith since he'll be the only one who doesn't need to feed.
            maybe he'll be rejected and exiled by the rest of the Wraith because of this and will come to Atlantis and join shepperd's team
            I wonder whether the iratus bug will do more than just healing him? Could it turn him into a full wraith again? In which case, he lost his hive and his crew AGAIN, but he could regain his status among wraith.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

Didn't Todd say that being fed upon by an Aretes bug queen, if not fatal, would completely cure him, as in back to being a good old Wraith?

Comment

todd said that the treatment wouldnt cure the disease but undue it.... does this mean undo the treatment as well???

Keller: he says he has found a way to fix this
                shep: fix what? cure the disease
                Todd: not cure it but undue it
                Todd:......a terminally ill wraith could occasionally return himself to perfect health....

Is this prefect health one that includes the ability to fed again???
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. The disease was a result of the gene treatment, so to undo it the gene therapy would have to be removed, so Todd can feed again and not have to be the next Michael.

Comment

no the problem was that because they were no longer feeding, their healing powers and immune system weakened. that's why they became sick. (not because of the gene therapy itself which worked perfectly).
                    the Iratus bug can simply cure a wraith from any disease (maybe making him immune as well) but it kills most of the wraith who try to use it.
                    so once Todd does it it will cure his illness but he'll still have the altered genes and the inability to feed.
                    since its so rare for a wraith to survive the bug no other wraith would want to risk and try it. therefore Todd will become the only healthy wraith that doesn't need to feed.

this is obviously where the story is going. otherwise this whole episode would have been for nothing if it all came back to just the way it was before

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
                      no the problem was that because they were no longer feeding, their healing powers and immune system weakened. that's why they became sick. (not because of the gene therapy itself which worked perfectly).
                      the Iratus bug can simply cure a wraith from any disease (maybe making him immune as well) but it kills most of the wraith who try to use it.
                      so once Todd does it it will cure his illness but he'll still have the altered genes and the inability to feed.
                      since its so rare for a wraith to survive the bug no other wraith would want to risk and try it. therefore Todd will become the only healthy wraith that doesn't need to feed.

this is obviously where the story is going. otherwise this whole episode would have been for nothing if it all came back to just the way it was before
                      I don't think he said that it was a cure. I could be wrong, have been before. He said it was a way to undo it, as stated previously. But it could mean to take out the disease, or to revert him back to himself. Who really knows till we see him again. *nod nod* My own personal opinion of course. Nothing against your opinion. To each their own.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, the treatment isn't the disease, you heard Todd. It went fine at first, until they were dying from the lack of their fine protective immunity system.

I guess the bug will for a while take over that immunity system, cure the disease out of the Wraith, without changing his genes?

Well, guess you don't always need a super weapon to destroy the enemy, or bring the solution, I should say.

A bug will do just as good.

I seriously hope it doesn't undo the treatment, because that would be too convenient, not that I like it that Todd is the only non-feeding Wraith out there...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                          I don't think he said that it was a cure. I could be wrong, have been before. He said it was a way to undo it, as stated previously. But it could mean to take out the disease, or to revert him back to himself. Who really knows till we see him again. *nod nod* My own personal opinion of course. Nothing against your opinion. To each their own.
                          since no one has ever tried this gene therapy on a wraith, how would Todd know that the Bug would reverse it?
                          he was obviously referring to the disease that they suffered from.
                          the bug will cure the disease but it won't reverse the procedure

Comment

I think it came across as very ambiguous and could easily be written in either direction. So its impossible to say for certain.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              I think it came across as very ambiguous and could easily be written in either direction. So its impossible to say for certain.
                              I agree. Though if I had to guess, I would say the Iratus bug bite will allow him to feed again.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                              X