Revelations, Part 1 (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Not that bad. I had to read your comment a couple of times before I understood it...and remembered Tanith again.

I thought he was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him.
    At first I thought it was Cliff Simon (Ba'al from SG1) with a shave.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      "Koo-koo-ka-choo"
      Edit:
      Ok I got it its a Beatles song LOL
      Ok...so I only know that phrase from Nemo...the sea turtle says it
      So which Beatles song was it???
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

so.... a dig from watson about which beatle helen 'knew'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Ok...so I only know that phrase from Nemo...the sea turtle says it
          So which Beatles song was it???
          I think its called I am a Walrus. So the walrus thing wasnt a coincidence LOL

Comment

It is indeed I Am The Walrus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_the_Walrus
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              I can´t really describe what I think. I have only two brilliant scenes in my head - James and John, having so far the best dialogue on Sanctuary and Will´s scene with James and their talk about his skills and how Will´s skill was presented (also the best so far for me).

Peter Wingfield and Chris Heyerdahl were amazing
              I definitely grinned my ears off at that scene. It sparkled and the actors had their timing and expressions so right. I could feel how enthralled Will was to witness this extraordinary repartee with the famous crime fighter and the infamous criminal he never caught! Please I hope they pepper the episodes with more of the two. Although I imagine it's a bit of a strain to for them to work together!

I don't think I imagined the affection Watson has for Helen; it was a little bittersweet that he mentioned her long absence in his life. Add that she became John's lover, who then became a serial killer whom Watson never found - deep undercurrents in this episode (Hmm; does Watson hold a grudge that Helen knew John was JtR?). Not a triangle, I don't think, considering Watson's question to Will about "working for a woman." He probably held a smidgeon of male superiority over her back then and John apparently saw her as an equal.

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
              *dies of thunk* Oh Peter Wingfield... *fans self* Loved him as Methos, even loved him as Tanith, and now, Dr. Watson. It's that little smirk he has that is so endearing. *picks self off the floor* Ok, I'm sure there was more to this episode than him. LOL
              I certainly agree about Peter - it was great seeing him again. He's played the roles you mentioned in their unique memorable characters. More of him, too.
              Lots of fun to be had in this episode. I suspect that the Cabal wants the five to go after the blood so they can get their hands on it to enhance the virus thingy they made. They probably knew Druitt was poking around out there and would infect the Sanctuary thus forcing the five to act.
              Watson seemed to have a sixth sense about the mission they were going on, and of course we find that he has good reason. Evil Cabal is herding them into their dastardly web of dastardly stuff. I was hoping he'd do another Sherlock Holmes-ian deduction before they leaped to the remote icy climes of the Lost City (? mixing shows?? And why do the remote regions always have to be icy? Brr.) I think John's fervor to stop the Cabal overruled second thoughts.
              Oh, and I thought it was very interesting that the invisible man passed on his traits both to his daughter and granddaughter. That makes Ashley's genome very interesting. I can't help but wonder if she has more abilities than she knows or if Helen is keeping them in check somehow.
              I hate two-parters! I want more now!
              Yes! I wondered the same for Ashley, too. She's certainly got more than a bit of Helen's and John's determination, focus and ingenuity. So what else could she have developed from the two? If new powers surface it would be handy if it happened while she's in the Cabal's lair and can bam zoom wham 'em! The writers must have something special in mind there. Of course there's a hint that Helen hasn't manifested her full powers, too; its seems that longevity was a basic effect for The Five.

Just sayin', alas, cliffhangers happen! Just some initial thoughts and response to the many on the thread. A really cool thoughtful offering. Well, maybe some things didn't sit well, like Ashely's foray into the Cabal lair with a greenling like Henry (love him but he's green at commando missions). I'm all excited now for the second half. And the second season.
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

ah, DOES watson know of druitt's extracurricular activities??
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If you mean being the Ripper: yeah he does. He said he had no idea that the man he confessed his frustration about not stopping the Ripper was the ripper himself!

Anyone want to venture a guess on how the Cabal is going to get Ashley to help them?
                  (i hope it's not bugs...)

Comment

I had an 8 hour drive and got to thinking about what Helen's Dad meant by 'the asset is in place'...... I wonder if the asset is the Sanctuary itself?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      I had an 8 hour drive and got to thinking about what Helen's Dad meant by 'the asset is in place'...... I wonder if the asset is the Sanctuary itself?
                      I admittedly have not seen the episode, but from what I gather in the discussion, is the asset not Ashley?

Isn't the Cabal controlling her somehow, now?

Or am I entirely wrong?
                      sigpic

Comment

The line is from "Warriors," not this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          so.... a dig from watson about which beatle helen 'knew'
                          who would that be then?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i'm having some serious issues with not being able to understand their dialog. if i wasn't going to rewatch this ep for pleasure, i'd do it just to know half of what they said. and i think it's the scifi channel doing it, because i have a bit of probs with atlantis too (but more with sanctuary). it just comes off muffled.
                            I watch a lot of shows with the close captioning on. I started back when Gilmore Girls was on and they would talk so fast! Now, as soon as I have trouble hearing a show the CC comes on. Like you said, sometimes it's muffled, sometimes I can't make everything out because of an accent, etc.

Course, I could just be getting old...

I'm liking this show more and more. Can't wait for this week's episode, but I hate that we're done then for the season.
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              who would that be then?
                              Who ever it was, Helen probably had the same effect on him as Amanda does on people .

~The Amanda Effect~

~The Carter Effect~

~The Helen Effect~

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                I admittedly have not seen the episode, but from what I gather in the discussion, is the asset not Ashley?

Isn't the Cabal controlling her somehow, now?

Or am I entirely wrong?
                                It is Helen's biggest weakness. Using this 'Achilles' in their plans wouldnt be a bad move on the part of the Cabal for their success. I havent seen part 2 yet, but I'm really wondering what Helen might do when she finds out that Ashley has been captured and the pawn/bait Ashley will become for the Cabal to ultimately get what they seek.

Comment

Working...
                                X