No announcement yet.

Revelations, Part 1 (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all.
    I just sow the episode and now I now why I watch the show it was great. But I have some questions:
    1. Why do are all abnormals affected that dose not make any seas?
    2. Why are so many of the 5 still alive? Helen got the long life not the others?
    3. Why are there so few people in the Sanctuary?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pinielf View Post
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all.
      I just sow the episode and now I now why I watch the show it was great. But I have some questions:
      1. Why do are all abnormals affected that dose not make any seas?
      2. Why are so many of the 5 still alive? Helen got the long life not the others?
      3. Why are there so few people in the Sanctuary?
      Hi pinielf, cool name!

I thought I'd take a stab at answering your questions, though keep in mind, it's mostly just conjecture on my part.

1. I think all the abnormals are affected because that seems to be the Cabal's intent with the virus, to start a war between humans and abnormals. So I think the virus triggers something common to all abnormals that turns them violent, but The Five are protected because of the Source blood.

2. Helen's has the longevity, and I think it was implied with Tesla becoming more vampiric he gained a similar kind of longevity. For Druitt, I think he's still alive in part with his teleporting (I think he can jump through time and space) and in part because of the blood Helen gave him. For Watson I think it's the equipment he wears that's been keeping him alive. And since Griffin's granddaughter seems to be in her 20s, it's likely that he simply died of old age.

3. I think the 'real world' reason there are so few people in the Sanctuary is because the production team couldn't afford to have the extras or guest characters needed to fill-in the Sanctuary. For an in-show reason, I think Helen tries to keep a low-profile with the Sanctuary, so she probably doesn't want too many people working there since that could lead to leaks.

Hope that helps.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Hi pinielf, cool name!

I thought I'd take a stab at answering your questions, though keep in mind, it's mostly just conjecture on my part.

1. I think all the abnormals are affected because that seems to be the Cabal's intent with the virus, to start a war between humans and abnormals. So I think the virus triggers something common to all abnormals that turns them violent, but The Five are protected because of the Source blood.

2. Helen's has the longevity, and I think it was implied with Tesla becoming more vampiric he gained a similar kind of longevity. For Druitt, I think he's still alive in part with his teleporting (I think he can jump through time and space) and in part because of the blood Helen gave him. For Watson I think it's the equipment he wears that's been keeping him alive. And since Griffin's granddaughter seems to be in her 20s, it's likely that he simply died of old age.

3. I think the 'real world' reason there are so few people in the Sanctuary is because the production team couldn't afford to have the extras or guest characters needed to fill-in the Sanctuary. For an in-show reason, I think Helen tries to keep a low-profile with the Sanctuary, so she probably doesn't want too many people working there since that could lead to leaks.

Hope that helps.
        Thx (I liked the name 2)
        On the first. my problem is that the abnormals should all be deferent. Deferent DNA changes so no one drogue should affect them all.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pinielf View Post
          Thx (I liked the name 2)
          On the first. my problem is that the abnormals should all be deferent. Deferent DNA changes so no one drogue should affect them all.
          Even although all the abnormals should be different, I agree with Evenstar when she said
          Originally posted by Evenstar
          I think the virus triggers something common to all abnormals that turns them violent
          So even if they are different, there is still one thing that they all have which is what the drug is aimed at.
          sigpic

Comment

1. Interesting to see Watson. I'm surprised he's still looking relatively young though. At 160 the guy should be dust.

2. Did like the Holmes vs Ripper one-on-one there. It's times like this that I can definately relate to Will.

3. Henry and Ashley. Not a bad idea in the circumstances but ouch, that didn't last long.

4. And Amanda/Helen did have some very cool moments.

Very nice stuff!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I like when John knocks on the door and said, "It's not often I use a door. Quite the novelty."

Just love it.
              sigpic

Comment

This was an interesting episode. Perhaps not my favorite of the season, but definitely a one from the better ones. Can't wait the second part.

Comment

Okay, I watched part two, and wow @ the cliffhanger. Now that is the way to end a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    1. Interesting to see Watson. I'm surprised he's still looking relatively young though. At 160 the guy should be dust.
                    2. Did like the Holmes vs Ripper one-on-one there. It's times like this that I can definately relate to Will.

3. Henry and Ashley. Not a bad idea in the circumstances but ouch, that didn't last long.

4. And Amanda/Helen did have some very cool moments.

Very nice stuff!
                    I laughed at this. In Highlander, Peter Wingfield played a character who was 5000+ years old. No dust on that boy.
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

so, revelations pt 1. What can I say, i'm a bit behind

we see a fruition of a few weeks of plot, the cabal making their move, how relentless they are towards abbies. We get druitt on druitt...biggie answering the door for, well himself.

we findout that the cabal has been spying on the sanctuary

we get to see the rest of the five and meet clara (who shoulda worn red). We get to see WAtson doing his 'mine is bigger' with every other male (totally insufferable if it'd been in real life)

They do enjoy the 'sherlock holmes and jack the ripper' a lot. We get to see Helen's adventurous side and where ash gets her enthusiasm from. We get a great line as Henry holds his own against druitt and the others 'one minute he's all hearts and flowers the next he's turning a working girl into a canoe'

A lot of it is all set up, and I really don't; care for the ash/henry bits, largely cause I know what's gonna happen, but it does set up a LOT and a wonderful arc
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes mostly set-up for part two, but I enjoyed John's interaction with Helen and Ashley and Henry and Ashley's banter......Gumby but I fail to see why Helen did agree to let Ashley and Henry go on the mission.

We did learn that the Cabal knew about the source blood from Gregory.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X