• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revelations, Part 1 (112)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    REVELATIONS, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 112

After an outbreak of rash violence among abnormals, Druitt arrives at the Sanctuary with a warning of a coming war -- a war orchestrated by the Cabal. To stop it, they must reunite the survivors of the Five and retrieve the last remaining Source blood.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 16 February 2021, 12:16 AM.

So did it air???? Spoilers ppl LOL

Comment

Yes.It aired .

Summary and opinion below the tags.Don't click if you want to watch unspoiled .

Spoiler:

Opening scene : an unmanned drone plane drops what Henry later calls a dispersal device ,which explodes in the frozen north.A thick green gas quickly rises from the wreckage and disperses.
      A Walrus-faced Abnormal inhales the gas while he's out wood-cutting.He then goes back to a cabin and axe-murders his friends there.

At the Sanctuary,Helen and the gang are mulling over their computer screens and displays trying to work out wth is going on.
      Reports have been coming in about violent attacks on humans by Abnormals.

Bigfoot answers the door to John Druitt,and reluctantly admits him after JD tells him he's come to help with the problem.
      (He's been to Ground Zero and brings fragments from the wreckage for examination.)

Helen and Co don't trust JD,but realise he's valuable .Once he's been checked for contagion etc ,he joins in the investigation.

Helen has received a telegram from Sir James Watson ( head of the UK Sanctuary,played by Peter Wingfield) inviting himself to come join the party.He brings Walrus-guy's body and at least one other corpse for PM .

It transpires that Sir James is the sharp brained ,hyper observant doctor the Holmes books and character were based on by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
      He has to wear a support frame of sorts to keep mobile,but his mind is as sharp as ever.

Cabal Female boss and her creepy underlings get their scenes :
      The Cabal are behind the gas release and also have a much bigger plan and device set to go off within 3 days.
      They want Helen to get involved ,and their aim is to collect and capture the Five once they 've recovered the "Source blood" .
      They also want to destroy the Abnormals using ..you guessed it : the device ,the downfall of the Five and the infection and death of the independant Sanctuary-based Abnormals.
      ( Or something like that !)

Helen suspects that she,Watson and Druitt are immune to the effects of the gas. Theoretically ,then,so are Tesla and Griffin .
      Postmortem on Walrus-guy shows he was suffering from a Prion-like something or other that caused psychosis and the violence against humans.
      ( Will have to rewatch on Wednesday to hear that diagnosis .)

Henry finds a tiny vial left intact amid the wreckage JD brought back.From the type of pathogen,and knowing what they do of the Cabal,it's not hard for Helen to pin the whole thing onto them.

Bigfoot suddenly collapses in the Hallways ,coughing blood and in a v bad way.
      He has the disease,and is confined to an isolation room.Without a cure ,he'll become rabidly psychotic and die .
      Helen and Co don't know exactly how he became a victim ,but it seems the particles may have been brought in on JD's clothing or maybe Walrus-guy's body.
      (Imo,the Cabal knew that Magnus would send someone to Ground Zero,and JD was an innocent carrier...but there's a long way to go in this two-parter.)

Helen wants to get the Five back together and use their hidden "keys" to unlock a vault containing the last of the "Source" blood they'd used to become the Five back in the 1800's .Gregory Magnus had made sure nobody aside from the five using their powers and acting in unison could ever access the blood.

Tesla is kinda awol and Griffin is actually dead.
      However ,Griffin left a daughter who Helen is convinced has Dad's power : Griffin was the real Invisible Man.

JD teleports Will to Baton Rouge to track down the daughter.They meet a young woman who tells them that Griffin's daughter died too.

Will and JD visit the daughter's grave thinking they've reached a dead end.
      ( Yes,the pun is mine and intentional !)
      They realise that they've been followed and observed by someone using invisibility.

Will turns the graveyard sprinklers on, and the water reveals the young lady they'd prev met :ie Griffin's grand-daughter.She tries to flee but JD catches her easily.

Once they let the girl get dressed ,they take her back to the main Sanctuary.She doesn't want to help them ,but is talked round by Will.

Helen risks her life by going into Bigfoot's room against Watson's advice to take a blood sample to inject herself with .She gets a quick slamming,but has the sense to stun Bigfoot before he does her any more harm.

Ashley and Henry have gone with Helen's reluctant permission to the Cabal's weapon lab to sabotage their efforts,but are captured.
      Again the Cabal head knew they'd be coming.Boss lady has plans for Ashley..but exactly what ,will come clear in part two.
      ( Boy they know Ashley so well..she's restrained in a chair ,drugged by the scientists,but just in case she gets free ,the area around the chair is electrified.)

Helen and the others plan to travel to the source blood and Helen seems to think that she can use her own key plus Tesla's ,Griffin's grand-daughter can use his,and Watson and Druitt are willing to operate their own keys.

However,once JD teleports them all to the site in India....there's no City,no path,no labyrinth...cut to the credits

Will have to rewatch on Wednesday as some parts need a second view to make sure I heard correctly...and that I've put down the right order of main events ,or at least as close as possible.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 December 2008, 12:33 PM. Reason: Fixing a couple of details I got wrong 1st time.:)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
        Yes.It aired .

Summary and opinion below the tags.Don't click if you want to watch unspoiled .

<snippety snip>

Will have to rewatch on Wednesday as some parts need a second view to make sure I heard correctly...and that I've put down the right order of main events ,or at least as close as possible.
        Phew! I'm exhausted reading that, so I'm glad it was you that wrote it all down. Well done, Baggy.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, as there was so much happening in it.
        We had a lot of information given, plus there were some really funny quotes from Helen (but I'll have to re-watch to get them right for you all). Oh.....and time is running out before all hell breaks loose!

I can't wait for next week.
        sigpic

Comment

Go to itv.com/catchup

I don't know if this will work for USA peeps or not! But Just go to 29th December or any way you can find to Sanctuary and it should be there!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
            Go to itv.com/catchup

I don't know if this will work for USA peeps or not! But Just go to 29th December or any way you can find to Sanctuary and it should be there!
            No, the USA can't view the itv player. **tears of unfathomable sadness**

Comment

I have re-watched this episode and have thought about a couple of things.

The code name for the bio-hazard is "Lazarus" which, I think, has to do with rising from the dead. I wonder why they call it this? Interesting.

The Cabal seem to know everything that is happening at the Sanctuary, which makes me wonder if Helen's Dad did plant something to pass on this information, or that there's a spy within the Sanctuary.

Quotes that made me laugh:

Helen - "Forgive my scepticism, John, but your version of altruism is just behind the scorpion's."

Helen (doing a post-mortem) - "The abnormal is a mélange of human and walrus."
              Watson - "Coo-coo ca choo."

Helen - "No offence, Henry, but you don't graduate from Eagle Scout to James Bond overnight."
              sigpic

Comment

this ep was so slow nothing happened its a good set up for the next ep but in terms of what actually happened answer nothing

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Dammit I still cant find this ep!

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode despite the fact that certain things that happened were so obvious, ie Ashley/Henry. Having said that, it also had some nice twists in it which have been left hanging for (hopefully) part two, ie Ashley and Henry (again) and even the end of the episode.

One of the things I'm really starting to enjoy is seeing Helen's sense of humour coming out - we got plenty of that in the original webisodes but in the early episodes it has been lacking - glad to see it coming through in the second half of the season and I hope they continue with it in S2.

I have a feeling we will be left with lots of questions for them to play around with for S2 - I for one would love to see more of Helen's backstory explored and how decisions she made say 50 years earlier have shaped her into the person she is today. What would also be interesting is if someone from her past who has aged naturally were to see her and question why she hasn't aged at all, or indeed very slowly.

I would also like to know more about the Cabal - I know that we may find out more in the second part, but I can't see them delving too much into who they are or why they are around, or perhaps even what they are trying to do - but will more likely scratch the surface.

Overall I've enjoyed the first season and look forward to more during 2009.

Elaine

Comment

Good episode, One major problem I had with it:

Why do the Himalayas in northern India look like a forest in Canada? Come on, I thought the whole green screen would help them get away from that.

Comment

Yeah the Henry/Ashley thing was obvious - like the Cabal would leave their bases undefended right before they where about to launch an offensive!

Overall it was a very good episode, like Ori said it was rather slow, but that didn't bother me.

There where lots of good bits, like Will's reaction to Helen asking him to go with John to retrieve Griffin's daughter and his reaction to being 'warped' around!

The scene with Watson and Druitt sitting in the lounge drinking brandy/whiskey? trading barbs with Will looking on was amusing.

I'm looking forward to part 2 with excitement and sadness. Excitement as it looks like it will be a good episode and sadness as it will be the last for a while!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          Phew! I'm exhausted reading that, so I'm glad it was you that wrote it all down. Well done, Baggy.
                          It was fun.despite me originally typing Khmer Rouge instead of Baton Rouge.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          I have re-watched this episode and have thought about a couple of things.

The code name for the bio-hazard is "Lazarus" which, I think, has to do with rising from the dead. I wonder why they call it this? Interesting.

The Cabal seem to know everything that is happening at the Sanctuary, which makes me wonder if Helen's Dad did plant something to pass on this information, or that there's a spy within the Sanctuary.
                          Pure speculation for part 2
                          Spoiler:
                          Lazarus in the bible rose from the dead.The original vampires the source blood came from are an extinct race.
                          Could the Cabal be planning to use the source blood to resurrect a now extinct Abnormal or create their own super-vampires to battle against Tesla's vamp squad ?
                          The serum would be a huge advantage if given to the Cabal's Abnormal "soldiers".

I think also that either Gregory Magnus bugged the Sanctuary,or John isn't quite as "cured" as he seems...clue possibly in part 1 :he fooled Helen and even Watson at the time of the Whitechapel murders.
                          It might not even turn out to be John's conscious intention to help the Cabal. He could have been brainwashed ,and his subconscious programmed to change sides anytime.He could be Sanctuary's Zatarc.

Originally posted by The Kit Kat Lady View Post
                          I thoroughly enjoyed this episode despite the fact that certain things that happened were so obvious, ie Ashley/Henry. Having said that, it also had some nice twists in it which have been left hanging for (hopefully) part two, ie Ashley and Henry (again) and even the end of the episode.
                          Great post ,imo.
                          LOL,yes.Getting caught was very predictable.
                          The twists were worth it though,and I'm itching to find out just what the Cabal want from Ashley and Henry.
                          I'm looking forward to S2 as well,and to finding out more about Helen/Cabal backstory.

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                          Good episode, One major problem I had with it:

Why do the Himalayas in northern India look like a forest in Canada? Come on, I thought the whole green screen would help them get away from that.
                          Good point !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                            Go to itv.com/catchup

This catch-up player is a godsend. It works really well too- no buffering! Couldn't watch the ep on Monday TV and will be out tonight.
                            Anyway..... I really, really loved this episode. It didn't feel slow to me. More like full of interesting little character pieces and a gradual moving forward of the story arc.
                            I loved seeing
                            Spoiler:

Peter Wingfield as Sir James Watson and yep it was predictable that Henry and Ashley would get caught but it was none the worse for that.

It will be bitter sweet watching next weeks episode. It is the finale isn't it? Damn.
                            sigpic

Comment

Really enjoyed this one...of course.

Spoiler:
                              I loved Ashley and Henry teaming up...predictable they were going to get caught, but awesome nonetheless.

I kinda liked seeing the onset of desperation and how differently Helen, Ashley and Henry all deal with it.

Poor Biggie, and so well done too...he's still him even as he's losing it.

Roll on Part 2!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                              X