Since When has Teyla had the ATA therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
    As noted that an explanation that was used in SG-1 later on. At the beginning of Season 9. In which Doctor Lee states that must have gene to use thing was an early misconception that isn't true.

So Mallozzi isn't wrong. Though he has quoted the wrong episode for the rules establishment.
    What he actually said was - "like a lot of ancient technology the stones actually just have to be initialized." A lot of ancient technology, not all. It's always been clear that there is still some ancient tech that requires the gene - the chair, the jumpers, and for a long time (several seasons in fact), the LSDs. Even Mallozzi admits to that, although offering out the possibility that they might have been modified. That would be the first we've heard of it, though. And personally I'm in the camp that believes there should have been some mention of that made on screen, if they'd found a way to do it. Off-screen, behind-the-scenes explanations don't work for me very often.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I'm just going to say that whatever happened to Her wraith DNA...
      I mean does Ancient/Human and Wraith DNA mix "The Teyla CONSPIRISY"
      Spoiler:
      In the episode the Queen Tayla was on a wraith Hive ship- Now go back all the way to the "first episodes" in season one. When they captured Steve using Wraiths' "ancient detecting device" (Teyla's mother's necklace) You would think some of thoughs are on the Hive Ships.

I know Ronon is not the best canidate for using Ancient Tech. but nor is Teyla ... They should of put let a stand in use the Life Signs Detector.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonely Goldfish View Post
        I know Ronon is not the best canidate for using Ancient Tech. but nor is Teyla ... They should of put let a stand in use the Life Signs Detector.
        Oh. No. You did not just suggest giving up Teyla's screentime to a stand-in, especially screentime where she's doing more than holding up the walls. It's bad enough we lost so much of it to Keller already, we don't need to lose more to some random nobody.

The scanner and the LSD are the same prop. Ergo we can conclude that they are really the same device that has two different functions and that you don't need the ATA gene to use it so long as some gene holder standing nearby isn't telling the thing to turn off. *handwave*

Continuity is far, far less important than Teyla getting to do something cool.

DragonLady
        "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

They should have given her Carters mini computer Prop that we saw in S&R because i'm pretty sure that functions as an LSD
          supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Pictures of Sam Carters little human LSD/ scanner From Search and Rescue

spoiler tags for size
            Spoiler:

Holding it in her hand (look like she's playing a DS

There it is again closed

There it is Active and has 2 dots (McKay and Lorne) like the LSD has

Last edited by supersoldier34; 10 December 2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: rewording
            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
              From Search and Resce

spoilers for size

Spoiler:

Holding it in her hand (look like she's playing a DS

There it is again closed

There it is Active and has 2 dots (McKay and Lorne) like the LSD has

Modified DS? Real life explanation: It's probably just a DS they programmed some homebrew for that looks like an LSD-like thingie.

Comment

Looks like a DS when its unused in her hand, but it has a screen on the front. Most likely it's one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=628&N=2034940628&SpeTabStoreType=3
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
                  Looks like a DS when its unused in her hand, but it has a screen on the front. Most likely it's one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=628&N=2034940628&SpeTabStoreType=3
                  Are we sure of that it's not just the angle? That one screen just isn't flipped open and that it's the lower screen we're watching (I can't remember)?

Comment

In the Last pic where she's using it there is only one screen on the device.
                    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Yeah because the other portion is at right angles to the screen, we can only see the top edge.

EDIT: *gets out DS* actually that screen is far too large in comparison to the total width. More likely its some kind of palmtop computer.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                      X