• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Infection' (517) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 517

After Todd's hive ship shows up over Atlantis transmitting a distress call, the team discovers that he and his crew have been stricken with a disease they helped create.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:40 AM.

Good episode!
    Vala,

Comment

That final scene was epic

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
      Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

That episode was horrible. The plot too predictable and just, ugh, such a lack of creativity. Maybe it is a good thing the show is canceled.
        sigpic

Comment

Ugh, I love Todd even more.

Sheppard has serious trust issues but I'm so happy he let Todd go. I was getting worried that he was going to do the same thing he did to Michael and betray his trust all over again.

Comment

Ah the Todd theory being proven once again. Todd being in an episode means a quality episode. Will this episode go down as one of Stargate greatest? Probably not. However I thought it was emjoyable seeing the team for once which has been missing since Outsiders. Like I said above Todd was awesome as usual. I got to see a dark morality from Shepperd. I got a Spoils of War type feeling when Todd told us the Iratus bug. I thought CGI of the Hive ship crashing into to the planet was a massive improvement. Of course I might be biased as I love episodes where see Wraith not to mention develop a story arc. I hope we figure out if the treatment worked soon
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It was pretty good. The infected ship was nice touch, creepy. Loved that it was a team episode. The only ding that I have is when did the writers just completely start tossing out ethics. At least in the first few seasons they went through the pretense of having moral compunctions over their actions -- in this episode the total lack of responsibility for the situation kind of didn't sit well. Thankfully Todd did get let through the 'gate at the end but wow, I'm not thinking he'll be lining up for more 'gene therapy'. That bridge is burned. When Todd took over the Daedalus, he didn't go on a killing spree. Don't worry though, I get that there wasn't much in the way of dealing with the loose cannibalistic Kull warriors. Yet, there really wasn't much effort in trying to keep any of Todd's crew alive, was there?
              sigpic

Comment

I thought it was quite obvious what was wrong with the ship from the outset... but the warriors jumping out of nowhere was nice and scary, and Todd's presence and interaction with Sheppard are always a big plus. I liked the crash but wish we'd have seen the team injured and recovering, woot! Only cringeworthy part was the McKeller scene, complete with "tell the audience how great Keller is" and creepy neck-rub. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
                  That episode was horrible. The plot too predictable and just, ugh, such a lack of creativity. Maybe it is a good thing the show is canceled.
                  Um ok.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Ah the Todd theory being proven once again. Todd being in an episode means a quality episode. Will this episode go down as one of Stargate greatest? Probably not. However I thought it was emjoyable seeing the team for once which has been missing since Outsiders. Like I said above Todd was awesome as usual. I got to see a dark morality from Shepperd. I got a Spoils of War type feeling when Todd told us the Iratus bug. I thought CGI of the Hive ship crashing into to the planet was a massive improvement. Of course I might be biased as I love episodes where see Wraith not to mention develop a story arc. I hope we figure out if the treatment worked soon
                  Yeah, excellent ep. Todd proves once again how valuable he is to Atlantis. Mckeller had one little scene so hopefully people will be on the down low with griping. I liked how Sheppard became the spot-light in this episode. It dove into his character more and Todd's reaction was epic.

So this episode we got....
                  • Action packed ep
                  • Team episode
                  • Good character drama and interaction
                  • Excellent Special Effects
                  • A good plot/story

I would give this episode a 9.5/10 the extra .5 goes to Todd's performance. He made this episode excellent and not just good and enjoyable.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                    It was pretty good. The infected ship was nice touch, creepy. Loved that it was a team episode. The only ding that I have is when did the writers just completely start tossing out ethics. At least in the first few seasons they went through the pretense of having moral compunctions over their actions -- in this episode the total lack of responsibility for the situation kind of didn't sit well. Thankfully Todd did get let through the 'gate at the end but wow, I'm not thinking he'll be lining up for more 'gene therapy'. That bridge is burned. When Todd took over the Daedalus, he didn't go on a killing spree. Don't worry though, I get that there wasn't much in the way of dealing with the loose cannibalistic Kull warriors. Yet, there really wasn't much effort in trying to keep any of Todd's crew alive, was there?
                    Unlike Whispers I actually jumped for this episode. When Sheppard is looking at the mist with the light or display, my heart jumped when the wraith jumped on him.
                    sigpic

Comment

"Hundreds of thousands of years ago..."?

Where'd this new history come from? I thought we had settled on the idea that the wraith had 'evolved' out of Ancient contact with the Iratus bug? I never really bought the 'light-speed evolution' idea, but at least stay consistant.
                      Last edited by Biokinetica; 05 December 2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Unlike Whispers I actually jumped for this episode. When Sheppard is looking at the mist with the light or display, my heart jumped when the wraith jumped on him.
                        Really?

I saw that one coming.

I have to say I now know why the Wraith wear those mask. They sure are ugly creatures
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
                          "Hundreds of thousands of years ago..."?

Where'd this new history come from? I thought we had settled on the idea that the wraith had 'evolved' out of Ancient contact with the erratus bug? I never really bought the 'light-speed evolution' idea, but at least stay consistant.
                          The Ancients left the Milky Way several million years ago so it's plausable
                          supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Really?

I saw that one coming.

I have to say I now know why the Wraith wear those mask. They sure are ugly creatures
                            Yeah, to quote Arnold from Predator............ You are one ugly Mother *******!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              The second i saw the panel i knew that the wraith was gonna come from there.
                              supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X