Clear All

Well, that seems like good news to me.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wouldn't like Triple H as Thor, he sound like some superhero on his own. I wonder if SHEILD will make another appearnce in this Marvel movie. But then agian, I remember SHEILD had nothing to do with Thor unitl The Avengers was formed.

Comment

Kevin McKidd he's too small, wrong physique

Height: 6'

You need somebody built like a Wrestler, unfortunately most of these people are numbskull actors

Comment

I don't know, he could do a good job.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As Donald Blake, perhaps.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              I wouldn't like Triple H as Thor, he sound like some superhero on his own. I wonder if SHEILD will make another appearnce in this Marvel movie. But then agian, I remember SHEILD had nothing to do with Thor unitl The Avengers was formed.
              as far as i know this movie is set entirely in asgard, before thor comes to earth
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                as far as i know this movie is set entirely in asgard, before thor comes to earth
                Almost about 98% of the film is set in asgard with the final 2% likely just a scene or to set on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  Almost about 98% of the film is set in asgard with the final 2% likely just a scene or to set on Earth.
                  that's kind of what i expected.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

So... Thor 1 will be 300, and Thor 2/Avengers will be Hulk: 'lame' man transforms into powerful being.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      That should be interesting.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Marvel begins search for 'Thor' star
                        Thursday, February 19 2009, 14:52 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel and Paramount are pressing ahead with plans to turn comic book Thor into a movie.

According to Coming Attractions, a casting notice has been released by producers asking for an actor in his 20s to portray the eponymous god of thunder, described as "physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant and wild".

Daniel Craig, Kevin McKidd and WWE wrestler Triple H have all been rumoured for the role of Donald Blake, a partially disabled doctor who becomes the hammer-wielding hero.

Thor will begin filming in July under the direction of Kenneth Branagh. It is expected to arrive in cinemas on July 16, 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...thor-star.html

Comment

I can't wait until they cast someone. Then things will get interesting.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
                            Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=8118

Comment

James Preston Rogers wants a shot at the role of Thor!

In the contest to play the strongman Norse superhero in the upcoming Marvel Studios movie Thor, Canadian James Preston Rogers' name is being mentioned alongside big-name stars like Brad Pitt, Gerard Butler and Karl Urban.
                              You probably have never heard of James Preston Rogers, but at 6-foot-6, Rogers clearly towers above the competition. The former doorman/bouncer, who's only been acting for three years, is in the running in part thanks to a growing Internet campaign on MySpace, Facebook, petitiononline.com, IMDb and YouTube.

"The thing about Thor, he's probably going to be one of the most complete roles I'll ever get being 6-foot-six. It's probably the closest to (playing) Hamlet I'll ever get," Rogers joked in an interview with the Toronto Star(news paper)

With his blue eyes, blond hair and a well-muscled frame, Rogers agent Claire Sim noted: "Honestly, you can't beat James as Thor. He's got all the physical aspects. I think Marvel could make some money even if they use a (relative) unknown."

With actor Kenneth Branagh on board as director and a tentative July 2010 release date, Sim (JPR's agent) has been busily courting the studio(Marvel) for the past ten months and believes Rogers has a realistic chance of landing the role.

You might have seen James in the movie 'Outlander', a sci-fi Viking flick starring James Caviezel and Ron Perlman. "I had the time of my life riding a horse, swinging an axe," said Rogers, who plays Bjorn. "So you trade the axe in for a hammer and it seems like a perfect fit for me."

It's been a slow rise for Rogers, 36, who got his first role as a wrestler in a Mr. Big commercial that ran nationally without having a headshot or an agent.
                              Since then, Sim said, Rogers has gotten successively bigger and better roles, working alongside actors like Tom Selleck in 2007's Sea Change and Rogers recently filmed a part in Defendor, starring Woody Harrelson and Sandra Oh, which was shot in Toronto last fall.
                              Yesterday, Rogers learned he's got an audition for the upcoming U.S. television series, Spartacus, set to film in New Zealand.

Rogers said he also turned down a lucrative contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

"The thing about wrestling for me is that it got down to playing just one role. I kind of gave up the fame and fortune to do what I wanted to

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/M...S/news/?a=6428

Comment

Thor and the Silver Surfer were two of my all time favorite Marvel characters (along with the mad god "Michael") and I have high hopes for the movie. Certainly Iron Man exceeded all my expectations, so we shall see. I think they should also try to introduce Wonder Man or someone similar - I recall he was part of the Avengers (where are those old comics when I need them).

I would not want to see Triple H as Thor. It would like bring the movie down to the level of Arnold in Conan the Barbarian. I have my sights set higher then that.
                                Last edited by Espeon1962; 09 March 2009, 06:41 PM.
                                ---------------------
                                sigpic
                                Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Working...
                                X