Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Kevin McKidd, who currently stars on "Grey's Anatomy," told IGN that he's still a contender for the lead role in Marvel Studios' Thor.

The actor, most known for "Journeyman" and "Rome," says there's been "a lot of back and forth" but that nothing has been determined. He acknowledged that Kenneth Branagh is directing it, a choice that makes him even more excited about the film.

Marvel Studios is targeting a July 16, 2010 release for Thor.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7861

Great actor.

I think he would be well suited to the part.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

MTV got a chance to talk to Valkyrie Kenneth Branagh on Saturday about directing Marvel Studios' upcoming Thor adaptation, scheduled for a July 16, 2010 release. Here's a clip:

So what's the appeal of "Thor," Kenneth? "To work on a story about one of the immortals, Gods, extraordinary beings, inter-dimensional creatures," he enthused.

He continued excitedly, "There's science fiction and science fact and fantasy all woven into one. It's based on Norse legends which Marvel sort of raided in a brilliant way."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7909

Comment

Ken's a bloody brilliant director - if anyone can pull off something of this scale, it's him.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
          Ken's a bloody brilliant director - if anyone can pull off something of this scale, it's him.
          I totally agree. I look forward to how they will pull off this film.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Or fail, miserably.

Comment

He's definitely brilliant when dealing with romantic comedies or Shakespearean adaptations... but I'm skeptical about him pulling off something that must involve massive cgi-enhanced battle sequences and magic hammers.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Or fail, miserably.
                As usual, I choose to be optimistic about this.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Branagh confirms 'Thor' rumours
                  Monday, December 22 2008, 13:50 GMT

By Lara Martin

Kenneth Branagh has confirmed that he will direct new comic book movie Thor, reports WENN.

The Valkyrie star, who was linked with the director's job earlier in the year, has reportedly now completed negotiations with Marvel.

"We're getting the story and visual effects together and all of that is very exciting," he said.

Thor tells the story of a disabled medical student whose alter ego is the Norse god of thunder Thor.

Earlier this month Daniel Craig denied rumours that he had been approached to play the title character. Other names linked to the role include Kevin McKidd and WWE wrestler Triple H.

Branagh's previous directing credits include Frankenstein, Hamlet and last year's Sleuth.

Thor is scheduled for release on June 10, 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...r-rumours.html

Comment

Triple H as Thor? That would be interesting.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Triple H as Thor? That would be interesting.
                      I can't find the words to express how I feel about this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I can't find the words to express how I feel about this comment.
                        Good or bad? Because honestly, when I said interesting, that is all I really meant. I don't know if he could pull it off, or be horrible.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

New Thor Character Rumor

How exactly does Marvel's God of Thunder Thor come to earth in preparation for The Avengers? IESB.net might have the answer. The site says:

A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.

The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor.

The site adds that Thor director Kenneth Branagh will have an acting part in the film as well.

Thor is coming to theaters on July 16, 2010 and The Avengers a year later on July 15, 2011.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7949

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that, Madwelshboy.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Marvel Pair Discuss Branagh

UK, February 5, 2009 - Two of the big guns from Marvel Publishing spoke publically via Twitter this week about their thoughts on the Thor movie and director Kenneth Branagh.

Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada was chatting to Brian Michael Bendis (co-creator of the Ultimate Marvel Universe) about a meeting he had with the helmer about the movie.

"Okay, three words describe my day today 'Branagh gets it!' said Quesada. He later responded to a comment: "Sweet is when [Branagh] starts quoting continuity and past storylines...The man has immersed himself in Marvel."

Quesada doesn't say what the meeting was about, but the news should please fans worried about the British thesp's knowledge of the comic universe, and also seems to indicate the close ties these giants of the Marvel publishing world have with their movie studio counterparts.

Indeed talk of "past storylines" and "continuity" seems to indicate Quesada has been bought onboard to help integrate the film into the rest of the Marvel universe.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/951/951433p1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X