Justice League (DC Comics) Movie News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice League (DC Comics) Movie News/Discussion/Speculation

Although with the movie adaptation being dead in the water for months, this news has been obvious to everyone for such a long time but in any event, today Aussie director George Miller confirmed on the Sydney-based talk show “Sunrise” that he is no longer working on the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie in any capacity at WB.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...ice-league.php

UPDATE: Here’s another thing you guys should know. Dark Horizons have updated their site with the news that their reliable source wasn’t all that reliable when it came to the story involving George Miller and his JUSTICE LEAGUE comments on Sunrise Morning Radio Show.

It turns out Miller didn’t even appear on the show, let alone discuss the project. So the story of his dismissal from the project is untrue, at least from that source as a basis.

As far as we are aware, Warner Bros. have shelved the project indefinitely, seeing they had a good thing going with the Batman franchise and they are looking to replicate that with movies for Green Lantern, The Flash, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman and a Superman reboot.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...a.php#comments
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 03 December 2008, 07:06 AM. Reason: Updating

DC Comics Movie Adapations UPDATE

Justice League: After the disastrous attempt with George Miller's Justice League: Mortal, Warner Bros. had a rethink and is planning releasing 4 solo films before the Justice League movie. They plan to have all movie interlinking in one universe like Marvel's. Expect to see a new director and writing team on board and to see this film in 2013.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...n/news/?a=8675

Comment

Geoff Johns Talks Flash, Wonder Woman and Justice League Movies

While making an appearance at the 2010 Wonder Con, fan favorite comic author (and new DC executive) Geoff Johns had to delicately answer a few questions regarding the status of superhero movies promised by Warner Bros. head Alan Horn.

Johns explained to the crowd that his new role as CCO of DC Comics makes him “in charge of the creative consistency of the DC Universe”. He also fortified the promise made by Warner Bros. head Alan Horn, by saying we're “going to see a lot more DC Movies.”

When a fan asked if DC and Warner Bros. were planning on following the Marvel Studios trend that (individual superhero films leading up to The Avengers) by releasing a Justice League of America live-action film, Johns responded nervously, “Can’t talk about it yet, but we’ll talk in San Diego.” By San Diego, Johns is referring to the 2010 San Diego Comic Con International, the largest comic convention in the world, which begins July 21st.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16594

Comment

As long as they don't make this the piece of crap I heard it might be. With all the heroes in their early 20's or teens.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          As long as they don't make this the piece of crap I heard it might be. With all the heroes in their early 20's or teens.
          I think there is a better chance of them doing a Teen Titans movie than a young Justice League film.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            The crap one was the one with George Miller at the helm & that got canned. So no worries about the George Miller version

Comment

If done right, this could be really awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Justice League Movie Is a Go

Several weeks ago, Warner Bros announced they are planning on fill the gap left by the culmination of the Harry Potter franchise with DC superhero films. With Green Lantern due out in theaters next summer, along with the third installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and a rebooted Superman film the following year, fans were beginning to wonder how soon it would be before these heroes came together into one ensemble movie. Now we're a few steps closer.

A Justice League of America film has been given the tentative green light by Warner Bros. Though the film is still in it's very, very early stages (no script has been officially worked on, but the basic plot is outlined), actors are quietly being pursued to test for the roles. The big surprise is the current team roster: Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. That's right, folks, no Superman or Batman; at least not yet. The film will be used to introduce Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter to general audiences. Both Green Lantern and The Flash movies would have already been released in theaters, so there would be no need to delve into their origins. Either Superman or Batman, or both, could eventually make their way into the script; though at this time the studio is slowly moving forward without their inclusion. Several comics series, including the team's first outing in The Brave and the Bold, have worked quite well without Batman and Superman as a part of the initial team.

With the role of Green Lantern already taken by actor Ryan Reynolds, four slots are waiting to be filled. Can a JLA film meet the expectations of fans, and gain general audience approval, without the inclusion of DC Comics' "big two" heroes?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=21147

Comment

Ahh I wish they would do Wonder Woman first. I can live with Aquaman, Martian Manhunter et al not having their own movies, but you can't have JLA without first completing the Trinity!
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

The 'original' JLA from the comics was Black Canary, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Flash.
                    Spoiler:
                    They're just replacing Canary with WW.
                    I don't really see a need for Bats or Supes in the movie. If it's well-written and full of action, it'll be great.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I think it would be cool to have a JL movie without Bats or Supes, as IMO those two characters are a team of their own.

Comment

The best thing about a Justice League movie not involving Batman or Superman, is that it allows the current franchises to get sorted first.

This way, we don't have to worry about the Nolan series being pushed too far too fast in order to fit in with a Justice League movie and just being advanced too far ahead with Bruce Wayne's development as Batman. It also gives the next Superman movie the chance to sort out what it wants to do. It gives them the time to lead into a Superman/JL movie while following the Reeve/Routh canon or if they reboot it, allow them to set up a Superman series and allow the fans/viewers warm up to him before he joins the League.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

So here is JK Simmons getting ripped!! They say this is part of his preparation for the role as Commissioner Gordon. I think he's gonna own it!

Movie is set to release in November 2017.
                            sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                            ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

JUSTICE LEAGUE FILM PLOT DETAILS

...Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
                              Source: ComicBookResources.com
                              sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                              ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Working...
                              X