This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Atlantis Shipper Thread

I was told to move my shippyness somewhere else, so here it is.

Does anyone else see the ship between McKay and Dr. Weir? Or is it just me?

Ok, then thats it.

I don't, honestly.

But maybe thats cause the Shepard and Weir ship got in the way...

Comment

I personally don’t watch the show for ship although I see where you are coming from Mackay does have hots for Dr Weir you can tell when they talk to each other.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

oh By the way why don't you rename this thread to Mackay/weir shipper thread it would be more appropriate.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
          I was told to move my shippyness somewhere else, so here it is.

Does anyone else see the ship between McKay and Dr. Weir? Or is it just me?

Ok, then thats it.
          i do.. course i do... proof enough in my fics course I also support the shep/teyla ship as well... yuppers.. you're not alone ya know that... the whole yahoo group that ya joined loves the McWeir pairing too
          sigpic

Comment

I'm going to be very blunt here, so please no one take particular or personal offense.

A) The likely reason you were told to take your shipper talk elsewhere is because this forum contains a number of people with opinions on ship and there is an understanding between all parties that ship is a dividing subject and bringing it indescriminately into non-ship threads just begs for bad feelings.

B) No, I don't see any sparks at all between McKay and Weir. None at all. Zip. Zero. Nothing. Sorry. Similarly I think it's clear as of the midseason Atlantis episodes that they aren't persuing Sheppard/Teyla ship either. I find it particularly annoying when people combine character names. I certainly wouldn't be taken seriously if I went around talking about Cartneill or Sack and Jam.

C) I also would request that you change the title of this thread. There is already a significant Atlantis Shipper community, and they aren't going to be posting about Weir/McKay, I assure you.

Comment

The Major always says it best.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well, it's named Atlantis shipper thread so all ships can come, not just McKay and Weir. That was just the first combo I remembered seeing.

If you dont like ship, or feel against any form of ship, maybe you shouldn't read a thread that clearly says 'shipper' in the title. Please don't go around knocking my opinions or anyone elses. We are all here to have an intelligent discussion, like the adults most of us are. No one should have to post some thing and have to worry about others hating it, or knocking it.

Go ahead and kill my rep points. See if I care. I'm here to post, and post I will.

Comment

The problem is that shippers do not mix with each other. People who see one ship rarely have nice civil debates about combinations that they don't see.

I'm a Weir/Sheppard shipper. I started the thread. To borrow an expression of Mr. P's, I"m posting my colors to the mast right now. I honestly don't see how Sheppard/Teyla works, I don't see the chemistry, but I can see that more than I could possibly see Weir/McKay.

Now McKay/McKay makes sense. My bet is that the loveable little guy will be happiest with his own ego

Comment

I am interested seeing Shephard/Teyla connecting romantically and possible McKay & Weir but my first priority is Shephard/Teyla and if possible do a Beckett/Teyla/Shephard triangle ...

Pam

Comment

Now McKay/McKay makes sense. My bet is that the loveable little guy will be happiest with his own ego
                      You know, this is quite the possibility. McKay is way into himself, and I dont know that anyone can pull him free. Although, we have seen a softer, braver side of McKay since his debeut on SG-1. Maybe him fleshing out will allow for more than just himself.

As for Shep/Teyla, that seems more like a good freinds type connection. I dont see much in the way of romance, but it depends on TPTB in the end. I do, however, hold a candle, as those two could be good together, if the conditions were right.

Comment

Originally posted by SHEPHERDHOLIC
                        I am interested seeing Shephard/Teyla connecting romantically and possible McKay & Weir but my first priority is Shephard/Teyla and if possible do a Beckett/Teyla/Shephard triangle ...

Pam
                        yea me too.
                        Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                        Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                        Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                        Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                          Well, it's named Atlantis shipper thread so all ships can come, not just McKay and Weir. That was just the first combo I remembered seeing.

If you dont like ship, or feel against any form of ship, maybe you shouldn't read a thread that clearly says 'shipper' in the title. Please don't go around knocking my opinions or anyone elses. We are all here to have an intelligent discussion, like the adults most of us are. No one should have to post some thing and have to worry about others hating it, or knocking it.

Go ahead and kill my rep points. See if I care. I'm here to post, and post I will.
                          I think what Major Fischer was trying to say is that this thread started with the title Atlantis Shipper Thread and then spoke about one ship combination. It annoyed me slightly (I'm a Weir/Shep shipper), but I decided just to let it be, knowing that we have our own thread on general discussion. I think that you might have stumbled into something you might not be aware of, that there is general high feelings around ship in Stargate. People generally don't like discussions about ship in non-ship specific threads, nor do different ship combinations tend to mix on the same thread.

I'm not knocking what you see, with regards to McKay/Weir, it's up to you... (see this post for my feelings about why people ship..http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=596). But perhaps you might be better setting up a distinct thread for McKay/Weir ship and then creating a place where you can play with it. Or if you want to have a debate about ship on Atlantis, create an Atlantis ship discussion thread, but it could get very heated so be warned!

Astrox

Comment

If you want to have a debate about ship on Atlantis, create an Atlantis ship discussion thread, but it could get very heated so be warned!
                            I'm all for a heated discussion, so long as no one gets rude. I live to start a good topic, then see it cause people to look at others points of veiw.

I may be a Weir/McKay shipper, but I can see where the Shep/Weir shippers come from. I have seen a lot of scenes where they act like way more than freinds. Maybe I'm wrong in my ship, and I have no problem admiting that possibility. But I want to be able to see any ship, with equally open eyes, and the best way is with someone elses insight. Maybe they say an interaction I missed, or a quip from a charecter. All I know is, I want to learn about others opinions before I judge.

Comment

Well, I'm more of a Sheppard/Weir shipper and I seriously don't see anything between Weir and McKay more than the possibility of a very interesting friendship. I also see the makings of a ship in McKay/Teyla. Did anyone see any ship in that long look she gave him on, I think it was Underground, when he was eating the sandwich and drinking coffee during the briefing? I think they'd make a funny couple. Him so full of himself and all and she so stoic and realistic about him...

Anyway, that's what I see. Maybe also some Ford/Teyla...
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                              X