Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If wraith hive ships/crusiers have darts, then wont ancient ships have puddle jumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    jumpers cant take out hundreds of darts, they only have 8 drones so they can only take out 8 darts. also, since the jumpers only weapon is drones, whats the point of exposing the jumper pilots to risk when they can just launch the drones from the ship, behind the shield, instead of from the puddle jumpers.

if the puddlejumpers had some sort of energy weapon, then it might be worth it but since they dont, i think that they were just designed as transport craft and possibly escape ships if destruction of the ship was emminent and should not be used as fighters.
    stargater1990 provided the perfect answer!

sigpic

Comment

*nudges* no he didn't *winks* Cos if he did, then the thread ends and we all go on about our business.

Tho, 1990 was pretty much spot on
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

i dont think jumpers are made to fighting, more like transporting and observation thats why they have the cloak and drones are for defensive if somethign came up

otherwise ancinets COULD of made something purly to fight but i guess they were very outnumbered even against darts so big and tough is what they went for
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
          If wraith hive ships/crusiers have darts, then wont ancient ships have puddle jumpers? It makes sence. It is a counter attack. I understand that a drone is like a sucide puddle jumper and can intercept a dart, but i mean a jumper can take out hundereds of darts instead of 1 drone taking out 1 , MAYBE 2 darts.

Your thoughts

gavatarman

(i know about my spelling, spell check is all F***ed up)

nee i think the idea of darst where do cull a planet not as figthers

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
            nee i think the idea of darst where do cull a planet not as figthers
            You may be right to a point but being that they are so maneuverable and have some pretty powerful weaponry (at least for something of that size) they can obviously act as both a fighter and a way for the Wraith to quickly gather their food.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
              You may be right to a point but being that they are so maneuverable and have some pretty powerful weaponry (at least for something of that size) they can obviously act as both a fighter and a way for the Wraith to quickly gather their food.
              jee but I thought that the weapons where to go against ground defens.

like when the 302 go against them the 302 is much more powerfull

Comment

302's are better because they have missiles. The Wraith lack guided weapons, they did have guided weapons for their darts then Wraith fighters would be superior.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

In the siege part 2 when Atlantis had all of their Rail Guns I don't recall any of them getting destroyed by Darts (just soldiers getting swept up Wraith transporter beams), I'm not saying that Darts would be useless against that kind of target, but they probably would be more effective against something say the size of a Tollan Ion Cannon or the weapon in the episode Trinity if they could get close enough, but they can still be effective against say other Darts (coz the Wraith as you probably know do fight each other).

Like buba said 302s have missiles, if Darts had small maneuverable projectiles then they would be a much better match against 302s one on one and with their greater numbers they could own us even more.

Don't forget too that TPTB give our guys a lot of luck as I don't really recall many of the 302s getting destroyed by Darts alone.

Comment

When the 302's attacked Michaels Cruiser I recall one of them on fire after being hit???????? But yeah-the only Time the SGC really lucked out was when the Ori stepped on them>

Comment

If the Ancients had fighters, I think they'd be remote controlled like the drones. There's really no reason for the Ancients to risk the lives of their people by putting them in such vulnerable crafts. I would imagine the Asgard would do the same if they had fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                        If the Ancients had fighters, I think they'd be remote controlled like the drones. There's really no reason for the Ancients to risk the lives of their people by putting them in such vulnerable crafts. I would imagine the Asgard would do the same if they had fighters.
                        are you talking about a visual control interface, controlling the fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                          yeah, thats true

sigpic
                          Sig made by squirrely1
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                          *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

i agree. A manned fighter just puts lives at risk unnessecarily. But with remote drones, u don't need a remote fighter that would fire....more drones, presumably. Just the original drones.

Just imagine if an FA.2 Harrier, or an F-302 could deliver ur daily shopping. That would be immense!!!!
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                              i agree. A manned fighter just puts lives at risk unnessecarily. But with remote drones, u don't need a remote fighter that would fire....more drones, presumably. Just the original drones.
                              They have been mentioned on other threads but what about remote fighters with shields and energy weapons.
                              They'd be smaller than a Jumper (coz there would be no need for all that extra space for a pilot and life support systems) and even more maneuverable)
                              Although you're probably gonna say that would be too beardy aren't you?

Just imagine if an FA.2 Harrier, or an F-302 could deliver ur daily shopping. That would be immense!!!!
                              That would be sweet, although in a few decades we might have desktop fabricators that can just make anything (within reason) on command.
                              Real world replicator anyone?

Comment

They have been mentioned on other threads but what about remote fighters with shields and energy weapons.
                                They'd be smaller than a Jumper (coz there would be no need for all that extra space for a pilot and life support systems) and even more maneuverable)
                                Although you're probably gonna say that would be too beardy aren't you?
                                Could probably have them half the size of a wraith dart

Comment

Working...
                                X