I suppose "Stargate: Atlantis" is no "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose "Stargate: Atlantis" is no "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

They could get the REAL Stephen Hawking. I got all excited for a second then was rather disappointed we didn't get to see him.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

stephen's health is not as good as over a decade ago, and he only appear on TNG was because it was convenience and fit his schedule at the time.

If it make any difference Stargate has many real life people appearance than star Trek ever.

Comment

I wasn't exactly being serious.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Famed physicist and science-for-laypersons-show host Neil Degrasse Tyson has appeared on Atlantis as himself I think.
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

But unlike TNG, SGA never surpassed SG-1.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

How are qualifying TNG to pass SG1?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              How are qualifying TNG to pass SG1?
              TOS to TNG
              SG-1 to SGA

SGA is no TNG.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well, one thing to consider... SG-1 only lasted as long as it did, because it jumped networks. SG-1 went five years on Showtime, then five more on SciFi. SGA went five years on SciFi, the same run that SG-1 had on the network. The only SG show that got the short end of the stick was SGU. Did SGA run as long as SG-1? No. Was it as good? Yes. Did it surpass SG-1 in some episodes? Absolutely! Longevity isn't everything. What counts is quality whether the show lasts a one season or ten.

Comment

SGU has very nice quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X