• Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA Times: Jason Momoa injured in attack

Oh crap!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ear-old-m.html

Man charged in attack on 'Stargate Atlantis' actor Jason Momoa
    12:06 PM, November 21, 2008

A 21-year old man who allegedly attacked and injured an actor from the television series “Stargate Atlantis” was charged today with assault with a deadly weapon.

The L.A. County district attorney’s office said Venice resident Dominic Bando argued with actor Jason Momoa on Nov. 15 at a cafe on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood. Bando allegedly struck Momoa in the face with a pint beer glass, which shattered in the actor’s face, said Deputy Dist. Atty. Victoria Pasternack. Momoa needed 140 stitches during reconstructive surgery.

Bando is scheduled to be arraigned Dec. 10, and was released on $30,000 bail. He already was on probation for a March conviction for carrying a loaded firearm, the D.A.'s office said. Momoa, who also appeared in three seasons of “Baywatch,” plays character Ronon Dex on "Stargate Atlantis."

Eeek. Poor Jason M...
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Sick world isn't it?.....

Get well soon Jason.....

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Yikes! I hope he's okay. =(

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
        Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
        Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Seriously?! Poor Jason. Though I'm glad they got the guy that did it.

I hope he's doing okay and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Speedy recovery Jason!

Comment

I wonder if there is more to the story.

Either way, I want pics! That sounds like it hurts.
              Too bad they are not still filming (Correct?) They could put it off as some kind of battle wound haha.

Comment

Oh, that's terrible! I hope he recovers quickly and the assailant gets the proper punishment!

Comment

I hope he will recover quickly. Best wishes, Jason!
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That's why he should be allowed to carry his gun off-base lol

Comment

Originally posted by Xyfer View Post
                      That's why he should be allowed to carry his gun off-base lol
                      I think here you shouldn't laugh. He lives from his body and his face. Maybe this injury will be the end of his carrier.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That sucks. 140 stitches is like.. wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I think here you shouldn't laugh. He lives from his body and his face. Maybe this injury will be the end of his carrier.
                          By lol i don't mean i'm laughing at the situation he is my favourite character from atlantis (the old i do things my way routine) just thought i would clarify that. I hope he's not permanently scarred because like you said he lives from looks and he has many atlantis films to shoot!

Get Well Soon Jason!

Comment

Geez...I hate to hear this sort of thing. I really hope he'll be okay...just not right when stuff like this happens. 140 stitches sounds like a lot, but - hopefully - they just used a lot of stitches because they did a careful job, and not a sloppy one. Also, if they had to do any interior stitching (inside of lip, for instance), that would add to the stitch count. So it may not mean that he has huge cuts all over his face, but - hopefully - just small ones that they took a lot of care in stitching up.

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelking View Post
                              I wonder if there is more to the story.

Either way, I want pics! That sounds like it hurts.
                              Too bad they are not still filming (Correct?) They could put it off as some kind of battle wound haha.
                              I don't think I'll want to see pics.

140 stitches? Sounds like his entire face got split open...he'll definitely be scarred for life
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X