Page 1 of 61 1 2341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones News/Discussion/Speculation TAG Ep Spoilers

TV Game of Thrones News/Discussion/Speculation TAG Ep Spoilers

From GRRM, it's happening, it's finally happening!

"HBO has given the production order.

They will be filming the pilot episode of A GAME OF THRONES.

It's just the pilot so far. They'll need to see that before they decide whether to proceed with a full season's episodes. So let's all hope the pilot will kick serious ass. <snip>"

Winter is coming!

Default Re: HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot!!!

I just hope it is faithful to the books!!

Given GRRM's involvement I have high hopes, even though it does take him away from actually finishing the books

Airman

do you have a premise

cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arative View Post
    I just hope it is faithful to the books!!

Given GRRM's involvement I have high hopes, even though it does take him away from actually finishing the books
    Yup. I wonder if it's still the plan that he'll write one ep per season, if it does go to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    do you have a premise
    It's high fantasy based upon George R.R. Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire- think Lord of the Rings but R-rated, and way better.

THR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    do you have a premise
    Song of Ice and Fire, its quite a thrilling fantasy series. Martin isn't afraid to spend a book or more building a character up and then killing them off if it makes for better story telling.

Still waiting for the books to finish GRRM...

I can't say I'm a fan of starting movies or television series before the whole plot has unraveled (I'm looking at you Harry Potter!!), but if GRRM is involved then it may yet turn out okay. I have high hopes, although I have forgotten almost everything about the first book as it's been...hm...seven years since I read it?
    It was a good book, but I was going to wait till the last book came out before going back to read it again then reading the whole series. A wrench has been thrown in my plans!!

*hem* Anyway, if it's HBO then they're going to make it properly or not make it all, that's the great thing about HBO, so it could be fantastic.
    "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by GateofDOOM View Post
    Still waiting for the books to finish GRRM...

I can't say I'm a fan of starting movies or television series before the whole plot has unraveled (I'm looking at you Harry Potter!!), but if GRRM is involved then it may yet turn out okay. I have high hopes, although I have forgotten almost everything about the first book as it's been...hm...seven years since I read it?
    It was a good book, but I was going to wait till the last book came out before going back to read it again then reading the whole series. A wrench has been thrown in my plans!!
    Are you sure you would remember everything? Heck, I read it last year and I can't remember all the parentage hints that were dropped there. Haven't you ever wondered why Eddard said Jon was 'his blood' and not 'his son'?
    Last edited by Exiled Master; December 3rd, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Master View Post
    Are you sure you would remember everything? Heck, I read it last year and I can't remember all the parentage hints that were dropped there.
    Yeah, I had to print out a recap of the first book when I started the second. There is sooo much going on (in a good way).

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Master View Post
    Are you sure you would remember everything? Heck, I read it last year and I can't remember all the parentage hints that were dropped there. Haven't you ever wondered why Eddard said Jon was 'his blood' and not 'his son'?
    Since it took me a minute to remember who Eddard was....I'm going to go with no.

But like I said I can only remember a few things...Like how I hated Jamie in the first book (*Shakes fist*), but he was my favorite in the third (*Shakes fist at Cerce* [sp?])and so on.
    "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by GateofDOOM View Post
    Since it took me a minute to remember who Eddard was....I'm going to go with no.

But like I said I can only remember a few things...Like how I hated Jamie in the first book (*Shakes fist*), but he was my favorite in the third (*Shakes fist at Cerce* [sp?])and so on.
    That is one of my favourite things about the series- I absolutely despised Jamie in the first book.....but come the third and he's suddenly one of the most sympathetic characters!

That just amazed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    That is one of my favourite things about the series- I absolutely despised Jamie in the first book.....but come the third and he's suddenly one of the most sympathetic characters!

That just amazed me.
    The wonderful thing about Joffrey was that I was sad when he died, since there wasn't any other high-visibility character to despise.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

aaaah spoilers I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings and it's awesome! looking forward to the pilot episode

Winter is coming!!!

Review of a leaked copy of the pilot script for a the series. Gives me such high hopes for this show. Sticking to the source material is the right way to bring a book to the small screen.

awesome, thanks

Never heard of it, but I just read up on them and it sounds like a really cool series of books. I may wait for some of the other ones to come out, I like reading series straight through if possible.

Second Lieutenant

I'm curious to see who they cast as Arya but aside from that I am not all that enthused about this adaptation. Game of Thrones was a pretty boring book. The rest of the book series is just a bunch of a seperate little adventures that don't really don't tie into any kind of central theme or plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    Never heard of it, but I just read up on them and it sounds like a really cool series of books. I may wait for some of the other ones to come out, I like reading series straight through if possible.
    If you wait 15 years it'll probably be finished by then.

Airman

Default Game of Thrones - HBO Pilot

Anyone else here a fan/following the preproduction and casting of the pilot?