This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate-themed Christmas ornaments

Someones probably talked abut this before, but wouldn't it be great to have Stargate-themed Christmas tree ornaments. I mean, they did it with Star Trek... (which I have a few of) but they would pale in comparison to Stargate-themed ones. Right? I would love to have the Odyssey... Atlantis... even a Stargate itself on my tree this Christmas. They would be awesome, especially if you could plug them in to the lights on your tree and have them light up and make noises (like most of the Star Trek ones do). With all the Stargate fans out there, it would be crazy not to have them.

Now, I'm going to feel like an idiot if someone says that there actually are Stargate-themed ornaments out there. Although I would be even more relieved.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

All 39 Milky Way Gate Glyphs.

In addition to the Gate and ships as previously mentioned, would rock.

Comment

i use to have a star trek one but i couldn't get it to work as it was american
      i cried
      i must have been about 8
      "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Lets see..

Atlantis thingy at the top..

Various ships..

A few hanging sold golden glyphs..

Sure

Go Green

Comment

I've created a 3D Christmas ornament screensaver. Here are a couple examples. They rotate at 360 Deg with lights playing off them. As all rights to Stargate stuff is protected I couldn't do one. Fun thought though.

Comment

That would be awesome. We have enough Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments that we could do a sci-fi theme Christmas Tree! hmmmm... maybe we should this year. The kids will love it.

And my son has several SGA figures if he's willing to sit them in the tree! His Atlantis gate is not complete though. Still have to find a McKay from wave 2 and you'd think with TWO freaking McKay's we'd have found one!
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
              i use to have a star trek one but i couldn't get it to work as it was american
              i cried
              i must have been about 8
              Why would that make a difference?
              StarshineRoxie
              A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
              sigpic

Comment

I rather like the idea of a Wraith Queen at the top of the Xmas tree.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd like an ascended being on top, gaurding my pressies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sllimy View Post
                    I'd like an ascended being on top, gaurding my pressies.
                    Ascended beings aren't allowed to interfere with our plane of existence. It couldn't do anything to stop any thief who was after your pressies.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sure, a Stargate sounds like a great ornament, til someone dials the gate and you end up with a big hole in your tree.

I'd buy a Gate or glyph Christmas ornament.
                      Last edited by Jill_Ion; 05 January 2009, 07:06 PM.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

EXPLODING tumors
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
                          Why would that make a difference?
                          i can't remember why now but it just wouldn't work over here, my parents tried for me
                          "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                            Sure, a Stargate sounds like a great ornament, til someone dials the gate and you end up with a big whole in your tree.

I'd buy a Gate or glyph Christmas ornament.
                            That would be the coolest thing ever. Yeah, there would be a hole in my tree, but my gate would work! LOL

--------------

Yeah, that would be real cool. I'd so deck out my tree. It'd be great. *nod nod and smiles*
                            sigpic

Comment

Along with the Stargate glyphs, how about the Goa'uld symbols on the Jaffa's foreheads? That would be cool!
                              sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Working...
                              X