Did anyone notice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone notice...

That when Michael was apparently falling to his death at the end he was falling to a point near the water where there was a gap in the tower with more ocean in it?

Now if they wanted to bring Connor back they could say he hit the water and survived the fall as we know a certain other half-human/half-wraith has before him.

Ford survived a fall like that in a condition not unlike Michael's... whose to say Michael can't do the same.

Flynn 24

I bet if there was a season 6 of Atlantis Michael would have survived the fall just like Ford, but this would be a weak plot point in a direct to DVD movie. I believe the writers intended for this to be an "either or" situation however as I said without a season 6 this is probably the last we've seen of him. Hell, even Ford had a more ambiguous death than Michael, and we haven't seen him since (except in a dream).

Comment

There is no way he could have survived that fall. He was at the very top of the central tower. According to threads I have seen about the scale of Atlantis, that tower is anywhere from a kilometre to half a kilometre high. Even if he did hit the water it would be like hitting concrete. Ford was nowhere near as high.
      sigpic

Comment

Bare in mind that Michael is half wraith and we know he heals at a similar rate to them.

So it isn't that difficult to think he had a better chance of surviving that fall then Ford did of surviving his (Ford was one hundred percent human until they beamed him up).

Of course there are a million other ways to bring him back... time altering, clones, this Michael really being a android clone like those robot versions of the SG1 team ages back.

One thing you learn in fantasy and SC/FI is that death is only as permanent as the popularity of the character or the desire of the actor to continue playing the role.

Flynn 24

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          There is no way he could have survived that fall. He was at the very top of the central tower. According to threads I have seen about the scale of Atlantis, that tower is anywhere from a kilometre to half a kilometre high. Even if he did hit the water it would be like hitting concrete. Ford was nowhere near as high.
          I'm not sure how high up Ford was, but it looked high enough to kill any normal human being. So if physics can be thrown out the window once for a TV show, why not again?

Comment

Personally, I think this is the last we will ever see of Michael. He brought it on himself by invading Atlantis like he did, and for trying to take Teyla's baby like he did.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by flynn19 View Post
              That when Michael was apparently falling to his death at the end he was falling to a point near the water where there was a gap in the tower with more ocean in it?

Now if they wanted to bring Connor back they could say he hit the water and survived the fall as we know a certain other half-human/half-wraith has before him.

Ford survived a fall like that in a condition not unlike Michael's... whose to say Michael can't do the same.

Flynn 24
              Who are you talking about, Michael Phelps?

Comment

It would be pretty stupid if they didn't scan the area around the city for Michael's life signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                  It would be pretty stupid if they didn't scan the area around the city for Michael's life signs.
                  Just like how they didn't even try to communicate with major whoever whose IDC was used by Michael and how they didn't seem at all concerned that they didn't recognize the people in the jumper? Because, really, how the hell could no one in the Gate room react to the fact that there were evil Michael hybrids (and Michael himself) in the jumper?

Comment

I can't find a clip but in the UK there's a program called Brainiac. They did an experiment where they dropped a barrel onto concrete, it got slightly dented. They dropped another barrel from the same height onto water and it got completely crushed. I don't know the scientific reason for why this happens but this is what happened to Michael. He's dead.
                    As for Ford well I don't think he was on the top tower when he fell, I could be wrong.
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Micheal fell a lot farther than Ford did. He's dead.
                      sigpic
                      Yeah... I know

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        Just like how they didn't even try to communicate with major whoever whose IDC was used by Michael and how they didn't seem at all concerned that they didn't recognize the people in the jumper? Because, really, how the hell could no one in the Gate room react to the fact that there were evil Michael hybrids (and Michael himself) in the jumper?
                        Didn't Ronon tell everybody to "get out of here" or something like that?

Originally posted by Not Telling View Post
                        Micheal fell a lot farther than Ford did. He's dead.
                        Yeah I think they made it pretty clear he's dead
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Mythbusters proved that a fall like that will kill you. I am sure he's dead, even in his super-Wraith state of being. And, even if he wasn't dead, he'd have no way of getting out of the ocean and would become dead.
                          sigpic

Comment

umm i would think the Atlantis crew would have recovered the body??
                            Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 09 November 2008, 07:15 PM.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              They have never tried to communicate with the off world team when an IDC was entered in...unless the situation was really suspicious. This was not.
                              And from the vantage point of the people in the control room I do not think that they could have seen inside the Jumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X