Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
    Series 7 Finale they find the Antarctic outpost

Series 8, After New Order Part 2 Weir Joins the Outpost Research, O'Niell takes over SGC

Season 8 few months later, Daniel finally discovers the 8th symbol having already found 7 during his research there

Season 8 Atlantis expidition sets off

Season 8 "Prometheus Unbound" Hammond goes in search of the missing team
    Season 8 "its good to be king" No Knowledge of the Jumper so no messege yet

Atlantis Season 1 "Letters from Pagasus"
    Season 8 Mobieus around the same time
    Thank you for this post.
    Just as an aside, the Atlantis expedition leaves during/immediately after the SG-1 episode Gemini. I remember Sam and Daniel discussing it in the opening scene.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Thank you for this post.
      Just as an aside, the Atlantis expedition leaves during/immediately after the SG-1 episode Gemini. I remember Sam and Daniel discussing it in the opening scene.
      Not watched that episode in a while but now you mention it i do remember something being said

thanks

Comment

The first time Danial goes looking for Atlantis was in prometheus unbound season 8 eps 11
        they where going to look for it. so it was later than that when they actually got there.
        I think they new where it was but sgc could not put enough power to the gate to get there thats why they where going in the Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by senois View Post
          The first time Danial goes looking for Atlantis was in prometheus unbound season 8 eps 11
          they where going to look for it. so it was later than that when they actually got there.
          I think they new where it was but sgc could not put enough power to the gate to get there thats why they where going in the Prometheus.
          No "Gemini" was the episode before "Prometheus Unbound"

And in the latter they weren't going to look for Atlantis, but specifically the look for the Atlantis Expedition because they hadn't gotten any messages back from the expedition after they went through.

If they did go through as of Gemini (has anyone got a transcript quote to back that up?) then iits quite interesting, Gemini was episode 11, roughly half way through the season, then the entire of Altantis season 1 took place over roughly 6 months, as opposed to the usual: one season = one year.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by pete&brandi View Post
            we have been watching sg1 from the beginning for the last few months and we have now reached series 9. we are a bit confused as to when they find atlantis. we havnt watched much of the atlantis series. we are probably going to stay up all night re-watching from series 7 to see any references to them finding atlantis. if anyone knows the answer to my question, it will be greatly appreciated.
            pete & brandi
            Episode 3, Season 10 -the team fly over Atlantis for the first time. rgee downunder

Comment

Series 7 Finale they find the Antarctic outpost

Series 8, After New Order Part 2 Weir Joins the Outpost Research, O'Niell takes over SGC

Season 8 few months later, Daniel finally discovers the 8th symbol having already found 7 during his research there

Season 8 Atlantis expidition sets off

Season 8 "Prometheus Unbound" Hammond goes in search of the missing team
              Season 8 "its good to be king" No Knowledge of the Jumper so no messege yet

Atlantis Season 1 "Letters from Pagasus"
              Season 8 Mobieus around the same time
              Sounds about right to me.

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              Technically, Moebius happens 5000 years prior, and in an alternate timeline.
              They still found the ZPM in the current time-line.

Ye the Fishing in the pond scene made me wonder when exactly it all happened but you cant tell one way or another so "around the same time" was best way to put it
              In the original time-line the fishing took place at the end of ''Threads'',
              nothing to suggest otherwise in the current time-line.
              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

The Atlantis expedition didn't leave around the time of ''Gemini'', Prometheus was about to leave for Atlantis with its new intergalatic Asgard hyperdrive.
                Here's the quote;
                DANIEL
                So, what's the word?
                CARTER
                Well, the test flights were successful. The new Asgard hyper-drive is ready to go.
                DANIEL
                When are they leaving?
                CARTER
                They're stocking the ship and picking the crew right now.
                [Daniel clears his throat as Carter smiles at him.]

CARTER
                You really want to go, don't you?
                DANIEL
                It's Atlantis. It's… everything we've been working for for seven and a half years.
                CARTER
                I know what you mean.
                No doubt.
                Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                  No "Gemini" was the episode before "Prometheus Unbound"

And in the latter they weren't going to look for Atlantis, but specifically the look for the Atlantis Expedition because they hadn't gotten any messages back from the expedition after they went through.

If they did go through as of Gemini (has anyone got a transcript quote to back that up?) then iits quite interesting, Gemini was episode 11, roughly half way through the season, then the entire of Altantis season 1 took place over roughly 6 months, as opposed to the usual: one season = one year.
                  Not to necro a thread but wut does this mean for SGU? Earth will b looking 4 them.

Comment

Originally posted by pete&brandi View Post
                    we have been watching sg1 from the beginning for the last few months and we have now reached series 9. we are a bit confused as to when they find atlantis. we havnt watched much of the atlantis series. we are probably going to stay up all night re-watching from series 7 to see any references to them finding atlantis. if anyone knows the answer to my question, it will be greatly appreciated.
                    pete & brandi
                    ok so I am rewatching the whole series over again for about the third time myself. in episode 4 of season 8 I have seen no indecation that they have done more than find the antartic outpost, however General oneill mentioned in refereence to the ZPM, that they might be able to dial pegasis again. WHAT DID I MISS!!! when did they know about pegasis before season 8 episode 4?!!

Comment

Originally posted by DFD264 View Post
                      ok so I am rewatching the whole series over again for about the third time myself. in episode 4 of season 8 I have seen no indecation that they have done more than find the antartic outpost, however General oneill mentioned in refereence to the ZPM, that they might be able to dial pegasis again. WHAT DID I MISS!!! when did they know about pegasis before season 8 episode 4?!!
                      In "Rising", Daniel figures out where Atlantis is. He's at the Antarctic outpost, a long with many other scientists. Jack is coming to see what's going on. Sheppard is flying the helicopter that's bring O'Neill to the outpost. They all meet. Daniel explains his theory that he's figured out where Atlantis is and says "we can go there". It is also discovered at this time that Sheppard has the ancient gene when he sits in the chair and it powers up immediately. You should watch "Rising". It explains everything. I don't believe you've missed anything. There was no reference that I remember that they were able to dial Pegasus before this episode.

However, in Season 8, Moebius, SG1 goes back in time, finds a ZPM with loads of power left in it, and they use it to send a rescue to Atlantis to help our guys against the wraith. After sending the rescue party through the gate, they unhook the ZPM at the SGC, get it aboard the Daedelus and send it to Pegasus to be used to power Atlantis and fight the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        Not to necro a thread but wut does this mean for SGU? Earth will b looking 4 them.
                        Universe has not been introduced to us at this time. It comes along about 5 years after this.

Comment

Working...
                        X