Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis - From Star to Finish, better or worse??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis - From Star to Finish, better or worse??

Ok, well I have spoke to a lot of diffrent people who have diffrente views on how Stargate Atlantis has progressed over the life of the show and there are some mixed views, to say the least!

We can't completly comment becuase we dont know how the show is due to end!

But what do you think, has the show got better as it goes on? Or do you think its a dying series? Exaplin why as well is possible!

Tazz
    A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

it's a dying show. Started as a great show but now it's a crap for me. And I'm afraid with same writers, execs, SGU will be the very same
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Started off good, became crap, then started to pick back up.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I agree it started off really good, however then i think to be honist when Carter took over Atlantis this went wierd (I love carter, so that not a diss at the LOL ) and then got worse, however this Season seems so far apart from the other Episodes (theme wise) its darker, gloomier and We only seem to meet the main characters there is not a great deal of interacting with base personel!

sigpic

Comment

I would say overall good, but not as good as SG-1 (especially season 1 - 8). Took them a whiles ot find their feet through the season, it's a shame it got cncelled jus tas SGA was truly finding it's voice & becoming from a great show into an awesome, dare I say legendary, show.

Comment

@ Akren - Your right that SG1 (1-8) where the best!!! I think the Ori where to much in the way of the Gaould (False gods etc....) So season 9 and 10 did not do it for me lol, Altough i must say season 6 was very good!!! LOL

I must admit to many poeple died in Atlantis and then came back to life etc...... sadly laying somone to rest lost its meaning in this show!

sigpic

Comment

You know, I think it's always been a great show. The problem is the budget. They have the writers to make great episodes like we all love, but are forced to make the crappy, slow episodes.

Comment

Does anyone know what the budget for this show is? i personally thought it would be a good budget!

sigpic

Comment

Started off as an SG-1 clone with a decent season, season 2 was absolute disaster, season 3 not much better. I don't think it started to get a personality of it's own until season 4 which was a massive improvement over previous seasons, and season 5 has carried on that improvement, it's shaping up to be the best season of them all in my opinion.

Comment

Atlantis is way better than SG1. The characters have developed a fantastic chemistry and most of the shows this year have been as good, if not better, that previous seasons.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think that the first two seasons are not that good, I agree with jenks that season 3 is the bad season until now. Season 4 and 5 have made much improvement until so far. I think that season five is the best, it's a pity that the show is cancelled, because it became finally a good show
                      I'm a Dutchman, sorry for my english.

Comment

Started out with a great premise in S1, S2 and S3 weren't as good in story quality but still sgreat, S4 sucked ass and S5 carried minimal improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          Started out with a great premise in S1, S2 and S3 weren't as good in story quality but still sgreat, S4 sucked ass and S5 carried minimal improvement.
                          I agree with your assessment. Seasons 4 and 5 are horrible. Ten years from now, I bet those seasons' box sets will be cheaper than the others. They are that bad and inferior.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ Sblade/Reiko's - Indeed lol, Im not really feeling SGA season 5, it just does not seem as good as the others, altough i cant complain at the writing for some reaons its just not the same!!

sigpic

Comment

Series 1 was the best, Series 2 was interesting, the first half of Series 3 was ok but I started to lose interest when it became The John and Rodney Show, the bit of Series 4 I watched was so badly written and hammily acted (is that a word) I gave up and haven't seen it since.

Comment

Working...
                              X