Why was Michael even on Atlantis?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruor View Post
    I think the most important reasons why Michael was there has already been said:

1. Micheal is likely the only one of his minions with the ATA gene to pilot the jumper, given to him by his carson clone.

2. Michael most likely needs to be in the same solarsystem, given the finite range of the wraith mindlink, that lets him exert his brainwashing and level of control over his minions which he seeks to improve with Torrens DNA. So I don't reckon Michael will have a lot of minions left behind either.

3. His desire for revenge being so fierce that he would have it no other way than playing an instrumental role in the destruction of Atlantis and getting his hands on Teyla and Torren.

Interesting points. I also got the impression that his revenge was fierce to drive him to that point. I was about to ask how Michael could've operated the jumper since it needed an ATA gene. I didn't see it coming where Michael had thought ahead of forcibly making Beckett developed an ATA gene therapy for his future plans.

The fighting on the ledge, well, I guess I buy it since a cornered enemy will most likely lead the hero to the place where he thinks he'll have an upper hand and not go deeper into the city, thus the ledge scene. Michael thought that with his superior abilities, he could push Sheppard to his death. Except, he didn't count Teyla coming from behind. Now, that was one heck of a punch from Teyla to make Michael turn around so his focus would shift on her. I was expecting Michael would make it hard for Teyla to beat him since she had no weapons or knife at hand.

Comment

I think Michael was never evil.He was just an unlucky Wraith who went insane of all the experiments EVIL Beckett had done on him. Carson was evil,not Michael. It is Beckett's fault not Michael's.Beckett is in guilty and I would just put Beckett back into a stasis pod forever.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Plus I would also put everyone except for Ronon to Aurora stasis pods.I wouldn't put Ronon cause Ronon was against the experiment.I'd make Ronon head of SGC.Plus the President and the Commander of the Stargate Program on Earth,Atlantis and Destiny.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Ronon rules

Comment

I'd spare Teyla as well and maybe Sheppard

Comment

Michael was on Atlantis cause he had a debt to pay to McKay and Teyla and Ronon and Sheppard

Comment

Why no one bothered anymore to call him Lieutenant.It was still his rank he got it free.Lt.Michael Kenmore

Comment

You have an interesting definition of evil. The Atlantis crew were not wrong to attempt to turn a Wraith into a human. Had they succeeded it would have been a very smooth way to neutralise the Wraith.

Net result: Good.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

They weren't wrong as such in attempting to find a way to neutralise the wraith, but even Carson shows some signs of regret at what had happened - as a doctor, he'd likely see it as forcing treatment onto a patient when they are incapable of concent. I can't really remember the episode all too well when he started to revert, but they instantly started thinking of a way to kill him off instead of trying to help him - which considering he was now human (or partially so) would have been the right thing to do. They'd made him what he was, therefore they should have born the brunt of responsiblities for their actions and dealt with him in a way that didn't result in him scooting off back to his Hive because he'd been rejected.

Plus if I was turned into something I fed off and then lied to on top of that because someone claims it's 'better', I'd be pretty annoyed too.

Comment

uhm i must have missed something during the episode because how exactly did michael/his hybrids fly the jumper? dont you need the ancient gene
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I'm telling you! It was a bad plan! Beckett was evil, McKay was an idiot. That's it!

Comment

beckett wasn't evil because he was -ordered- to continue the experiment by weir. if anyone was evil, it's weir.
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                            beckett wasn't evil because he was -ordered- to continue the experiment by weir. if anyone was evil, it's weir.
                            Good point. Well, thank god there's no Mike anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X