No announcement yet.

Why are villains always stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to answer the title of the thread. To make the good guys seem smarter. If the bad guy was too smart and always one the good guy would look like a moron.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Yes, because it's not about outsmarting our villains (with luck constantly on our side) at all. It's all about being less stupid than them.

Brilliant writing, PTB.
      the writers are stupid and they can only come up with stupid ideas. as wolsey put it...more warriors could have come through later.

about not killing ronon after beating him...things like this show us (how stupid the writers have become) why is this the last season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
        its funny how the bad guys always keep the stunned good guys alive and lock them somewhere even though they're going to kill them all later.

I lost count of how many times it happened. last time it was with Todd stunning everyone on the ship and locking them in a room even though he was gonig to crash the ship and kill them later. as a wraith with diminising food supply he wouldn't thrown away so much food. he would have fed on them before leaving.

now the same story with michael locking everyone up even though he was going to blow up the city anyway. why take the trouble of dragging them all to a room and leave them alive?
        and leave only 1 guard at the door.

and since he was just standing there doing nothing the whole episode except ordering his henchman to arm the self destruct, why not take the baby and leave and tell his henchmen to finish the work themselves?
        Simple: with Todd he never planned to crash the Daedalus, that only came about after Ronon took out the weapons. Michael just locked them all up to get them out of the way and probably didn't expect them to find a way out. As for Michael he was desperate for revenge. He refused to leave with the baby until he was sure he was going to have it. He's obviously gone insane at some point considering his behaviour. I think he wanted to personally make sure that it was going to be armed, maybe do it himself once it was decrypted.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Yeah, that would've been the stupidest thing a major villain has ever done. I was expecting Ronon to miraculously wake up and do something as well.
          So did I but the writers probably thought it too cliche (it was) and decided not to go with it. I'm glad they didn't: I liked the way Michael was finally killed better anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
            The dumbest thing he did was stay in Atlantis. He had the baby, he could have just left, raised his superior army, and come back later to conquer Atlantis, but he had to get emotional about it.
            He's gone insane and clearly isn't thinking logicaly. He's too crazy at this point to figure things out. Honestly I think the writers killed him off so easily to wrap up his storyline due to the show ending (nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!). I'm glad he's dead: I've wanted him dead since Michael (which I hated by the way), he's always really annoyed me.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
              after this episode its safe to say that michael is one of the dumbest villain we ever saw.
              almost as stupid as that Goauld scientist who sneaked up behind sg1 only to get himself killed by saying "fools" and warning them instead of just killing them.

rodney said it best, michael is like a bug that you can squash but it just keeps getting away.

that's the biggest weakness of this series, there are no epic villains like we had in sg1.

if not for the fact that this was the last season they might have made michael escape AGAIN and that would have been way too annoying.
              Agreed. I've wanted him dead since he first appeared on this show (why didn't they kill him when they shot him in Michael???) and now it's finally done. I almost couldn't believe it when he finally died. He reminds me of Apophis (another villan that annoyed the hell out of me) with his coming back all of the time, but like Apophis he was put into a situation that he cannot return from the dead with.

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                about not killing ronon after beating him...things like this show us (how stupid the writers have become) why is this the last season.
                That's not even the stupidest part of it.

Ronon is lying unconscious, Michael approaches Ronon, Michael has a knife, Michael prepares to kill Ronon (and maybe take his head for a "prize"). He hears a noise.

Instead of just exacting his vengeance and killing Ronon, he just... doesn't. I mean, come on! it takes 2 seconds to slit someone's throat! Great, you heard a noise, not slit that throat and then worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                X