Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are villains always stupid

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Why are villains always stupid

its funny how the bad guys always keep the stunned good guys alive and lock them somewhere even though they're going to kill them all later.

I lost count of how many times it happened. last time it was with Todd stunning everyone on the ship and locking them in a room even though he was gonig to crash the ship and kill them later. as a wraith with diminising food supply he wouldn't thrown away so much food. he would have fed on them before leaving.

now the same story with michael locking everyone up even though he was going to blow up the city anyway. why take the trouble of dragging them all to a room and leave them alive?
    and leave only 1 guard at the door.

and since he was just standing there doing nothing the whole episode except ordering his henchman to arm the self destruct, why not take the baby and leave and tell his henchmen to finish the work themselves?
    Last edited by AscendedThor; November 8th, 2008 at 01:15 AM.

Default Re: Why are villains always stupid

They probably should have secured Ronon when he fell unconscious.

Chief Master Sergeant

yeah definately, when michael was approaching ronon i was expecting ronon to snap michael's head off

Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedThor View Post
    yeah definately, when michael was approaching ronon i was expecting ronon to snap michael's head off
    Yeah, that would've been the stupidest thing a major villain has ever done. I was expecting Ronon to miraculously wake up and do something as well.

First Lieutenant Earthgate Ricky's Avatar
    David H, Paul M, & Nathan F are hot trio!

That's why Doctor Rodney McKay is a genius in t-shirt.

Colonel

"dumb of the dumbest" club has a new member and proudly presents you...Michael!!! Have a fun there with the Ori and Adria!!!

Second Lieutenant

The dumbest thing he did was stay in Atlantis. He had the baby, he could have just left, raised his superior army, and come back later to conquer Atlantis, but he had to get emotional about it.

First Lieutenant

He could have used a bomb of his own. I'm sure he can build one. He could have activated it. Moved his jumper a bit. Take another one out of there and Atlantis would be gone.

Chief Master Sergeant

after this episode its safe to say that michael is one of the dumbest villain we ever saw.
    almost as stupid as that Goauld scientist who sneaked up behind sg1 only to get himself killed by saying "fools" and warning them instead of just killing them.

rodney said it best, michael is like a bug that you can squash but it just keeps getting away.

that's the biggest weakness of this series, there are no epic villains like we had in sg1.

if not for the fact that this was the last season they might have made michael escape AGAIN and that would have been way too annoying.

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar

They're dumb so we can beat them.

Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    They're dumb so we can beat them.
    Yes, because it's not about outsmarting our villains (with luck constantly on our side) at all. It's all about being less stupid than them.

Brilliant writing, PTB.

Colonel

Stargate needs villian who's like Cavil from BSG

last time it was with Todd stunning everyone on the ship and locking them in a room even though he was gonig to crash the ship and kill them later.
    Technically, he locked them up before he intented to do any such thing. His original plan was to keep them alive for bargining power and then he made the claim that he would return them when he was done destroying the facility (with the weapons, not the ship itself). The only one who was sent to get locked up after he seemed to have come up with the plan of destroying the Attero device by sacrificing the Daedalus, was Keller. But we don't know if he was planning on taking them with him - He may have discovered that they got out before he had a chance to send for them and as a result just fled to his ship.

In any case, I agree with you about Michael - They could've thrown us a bone and had him say something like he would take them with him and turn them into Hybrids or just generally experiment on him. But, alas, they didn't even try to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez
    The dumbest thing he did was stay in Atlantis. He had the baby, he could have just left, raised his superior army, and come back later to conquer Atlantis, but he had to get emotional about it.
    I couldn't get my head around why he didn't just send the baby and Teyla offworld immediately when he caught them the first time and then continue to do whatever he was doing on Atlantis. Just stun her, dial out to a neutral gate to throw off pursuit, then to one of his offworld bases and there you go. Teyla and the baby can be sent to seperate labs on seperate worlds to further stifle rescue and he can still stay in Atlantis and do whatever he wants for however long he wants. Hell if they bust in on him he's even got some leverage to negotiate with at that point. "If I don't leave here and make contact with them in X amount of time my troops have been instructed to kill the mother."

Quote Originally Posted by Nadji View Post
    They probably should have secured Ronon when he fell unconscious.
    A thousand times this. It was shocking. Michael beats Dex's ass, throws him off the balcony, has this hated individual completely at his mercy and he just forgets about him. It would have taken all of 10 seconds to go down there and pull a highlander on him and even less time to just shoot him in the head.

Michael despised the man, you can see as much in their fight and yet once he finally does defeat him he stops short of finishing the job and everyone just sort of steps over or around Ronan's limp carcass while they go about their business. They don't even drag him off or secure him again, they just leave him there to potentially wake up and surprise attack them again.

He technically didn't even lock them up. I mean did he really think they couldn't just bypass the door?
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

to answer the title of the thread. To make the good guys seem smarter. If the bad guy was too smart and always one the good guy would look like a moron.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Yes, because it's not about outsmarting our villains (with luck constantly on our side) at all. It's all about being less stupid than them.

Brilliant writing, PTB.
    the writers are stupid and they can only come up with stupid ideas. as wolsey put it...more warriors could have come through later.

about not killing ronon after beating him...things like this show us (how stupid the writers have become) why is this the last season.

Staff Sergeant

its funny how the bad guys always keep the stunned good guys alive and lock them somewhere even though they're going to kill them all later.

I lost count of how many times it happened. last time it was with Todd stunning everyone on the ship and locking them in a room even though he was gonig to crash the ship and kill them later. as a wraith with diminising food supply he wouldn't thrown away so much food. he would have fed on them before leaving.

now the same story with michael locking everyone up even though he was going to blow up the city anyway. why take the trouble of dragging them all to a room and leave them alive?
    and leave only 1 guard at the door.

and since he was just standing there doing nothing the whole episode except ordering his henchman to arm the self destruct, why not take the baby and leave and tell his henchmen to finish the work themselves?
    Simple: with Todd he never planned to crash the Daedalus, that only came about after Ronon took out the weapons. Michael just locked them all up to get them out of the way and probably didn't expect them to find a way out. As for Michael he was desperate for revenge. He refused to leave with the baby until he was sure he was going to have it. He's obviously gone insane at some point considering his behaviour. I think he wanted to personally make sure that it was going to be armed, maybe do it himself once it was decrypted.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Yeah, that would've been the stupidest thing a major villain has ever done. I was expecting Ronon to miraculously wake up and do something as well.
    So did I but the writers probably thought it too cliche (it was) and decided not to go with it. I'm glad they didn't: I liked the way Michael was finally killed better anyway.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez View Post
    He's gone insane and clearly isn't thinking logicaly. He's too crazy at this point to figure things out. Honestly I think the writers killed him off so easily to wrap up his storyline due to the show ending (nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!). I'm glad he's dead: I've wanted him dead since Michael (which I hated by the way), he's always really annoyed me.