Why are villains always stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are villains always stupid

its funny how the bad guys always keep the stunned good guys alive and lock them somewhere even though they're going to kill them all later.

I lost count of how many times it happened. last time it was with Todd stunning everyone on the ship and locking them in a room even though he was gonig to crash the ship and kill them later. as a wraith with diminising food supply he wouldn't thrown away so much food. he would have fed on them before leaving.

now the same story with michael locking everyone up even though he was going to blow up the city anyway. why take the trouble of dragging them all to a room and leave them alive?
    and leave only 1 guard at the door.

and since he was just standing there doing nothing the whole episode except ordering his henchman to arm the self destruct, why not take the baby and leave and tell his henchmen to finish the work themselves?
    Last edited by AscendedThor; 08 November 2008, 01:15 AM.

They probably should have secured Ronon when he fell unconscious.

Comment

yeah definately, when michael was approaching ronon i was expecting ronon to snap michael's head off

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
        yeah definately, when michael was approaching ronon i was expecting ronon to snap michael's head off
        Yeah, that would've been the stupidest thing a major villain has ever done. I was expecting Ronon to miraculously wake up and do something as well.

Comment

That's why Doctor Rodney McKay is a genius in t-shirt.

Comment

"dumb of the dumbest" club has a new member and proudly presents you...Michael!!! Have a fun there with the Ori and Adria!!!
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

The dumbest thing he did was stay in Atlantis. He had the baby, he could have just left, raised his superior army, and come back later to conquer Atlantis, but he had to get emotional about it.

Comment

He could have used a bomb of his own. I'm sure he can build one. He could have activated it. Moved his jumper a bit. Take another one out of there and Atlantis would be gone.

Comment

after this episode its safe to say that michael is one of the dumbest villain we ever saw.
                  almost as stupid as that Goauld scientist who sneaked up behind sg1 only to get himself killed by saying "fools" and warning them instead of just killing them.

rodney said it best, michael is like a bug that you can squash but it just keeps getting away.

that's the biggest weakness of this series, there are no epic villains like we had in sg1.

if not for the fact that this was the last season they might have made michael escape AGAIN and that would have been way too annoying.

Comment

They're dumb so we can beat them.
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      They're dumb so we can beat them.
                      Yes, because it's not about outsmarting our villains (with luck constantly on our side) at all. It's all about being less stupid than them.

Brilliant writing, PTB.

Comment

Stargate needs villian who's like Cavil from BSG
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
                          last time it was with Todd stunning everyone on the ship and locking them in a room even though he was gonig to crash the ship and kill them later.
                          Technically, he locked them up before he intented to do any such thing. His original plan was to keep them alive for bargining power and then he made the claim that he would return them when he was done destroying the facility (with the weapons, not the ship itself). The only one who was sent to get locked up after he seemed to have come up with the plan of destroying the Attero device by sacrificing the Daedalus, was Keller. But we don't know if he was planning on taking them with him - He may have discovered that they got out before he had a chance to send for them and as a result just fled to his ship.

In any case, I agree with you about Michael - They could've thrown us a bone and had him say something like he would take them with him and turn them into Hybrids or just generally experiment on him. But, alas, they didn't even try to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez
                            The dumbest thing he did was stay in Atlantis. He had the baby, he could have just left, raised his superior army, and come back later to conquer Atlantis, but he had to get emotional about it.
                            I couldn't get my head around why he didn't just send the baby and Teyla offworld immediately when he caught them the first time and then continue to do whatever he was doing on Atlantis. Just stun her, dial out to a neutral gate to throw off pursuit, then to one of his offworld bases and there you go. Teyla and the baby can be sent to seperate labs on seperate worlds to further stifle rescue and he can still stay in Atlantis and do whatever he wants for however long he wants. Hell if they bust in on him he's even got some leverage to negotiate with at that point. "If I don't leave here and make contact with them in X amount of time my troops have been instructed to kill the mother."

Originally posted by Nadji View Post
                            They probably should have secured Ronon when he fell unconscious.
                            A thousand times this. It was shocking. Michael beats Dex's ass, throws him off the balcony, has this hated individual completely at his mercy and he just forgets about him. It would have taken all of 10 seconds to go down there and pull a highlander on him and even less time to just shoot him in the head.

Michael despised the man, you can see as much in their fight and yet once he finally does defeat him he stops short of finishing the job and everyone just sort of steps over or around Ronan's limp carcass while they go about their business. They don't even drag him off or secure him again, they just leave him there to potentially wake up and surprise attack them again.

Comment

He technically didn't even lock them up. I mean did he really think they couldn't just bypass the door?
                              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Working...
                              X