USS Wells and the temporal cold war.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USS Wells and the temporal cold war.

The USS Wells exists in the 29th Century and enforces the temporal prime directive. Why does it not appear in Enterprise?

Temporal shields were invented in the 26th Century, when voyager exists (I think) so why wasn't it around to help out Enterprise?

I know the shields existed in an alternative timeline but surely someone must have invented something similar by the 29th.

Even if everything else was wiped out wouldn't the ship, The Wells and her sister ships, carry on?

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't see it in a search.

I think it comes down to they only police those from their own time from making changes to the past.

If Janeway were to screw around with time using 24th Century Technology they couldn't do a thing about it, because that is already their own history or how it was always meant to be (sucks to be them though).

Screwing around with the Timeline isn't exact.
    sigpic

Comment

Because there were another time agent, Daniels, from a century beyond Captain Braxton who had more technology at his disposal. And who wasn't in the least connected with any previous Trek series.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Because there were another time agent, Daniels, from a century beyond Captain Braxton who had more technology at his disposal. And who wasn't in the least connected with any previous Trek series.
        Daniels was from the 31st century, but those he was fighting were from the 29th, the same century as the Wells.

If the Wells had temporal shields, which it should; if it's going to police the timeline, then changes to the timeline shouldn't affect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
          Daniels was from the 31st century, but those he was fighting were from the 29th, the same century as the Wells.

If the Wells had temporal shields, which it should; if it's going to police the timeline, then changes to the timeline shouldn't affect it.
          Perhaps having the 29th C's time police involved would pollute the time line. I love paradoxes!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            I love paradoxes!
            I hate them and Enterprise. They could of done so much more, but they just messed it up.

The Klingons, the Borg their encounters with Earth were completely unrelated to established canon.

Perhaps someone went back in tme and fixed it all. HOPEFULLY.

Comment

As Doctor Who says, time is in flux. Don't worry. Spock'll fix everything in XI.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

You expect cohesiveness, consistency, or logic from the "creative" minds behind voyager and enterprise?

/snort
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                X