This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 seasons 1 month...sadness

after just absorbing 10 years worth of sg1 in one mont, its kind of bitter sweet.

i mean tears came to my eyes while watching ending montages. when they damn creedance clear water revival song played. Been a favourite since my childhood.

I cant imagine how hard it must have been for people who watched it almost every week in their homes, and shared their experience of the show online with other people. These cast and this show were in your hearts for 10 years, thats a long time, i absorbed it in one month, 10 years worth of experiences, and its still hard for me to forget.

looking at alot of videos on youtuve of conventions and panels and stuff...

and seeing the wrap session, final shot of the final day of the final episode of the final season. Imagine how hard it was for chris judge, michael and amanda, who came to work their for 10 years straight for 12 hours a day besides off season....the show only lasted so long because they could stand each other every day for so long.

does anyone know if they remained friends? or keep in touch?
    the cut after the final scene, showed them all in tears and poor chris couldnt even get his lines out as they said. must be hard. big part of their life they spent together you know, off season they prolly spent time together, goof around on set most the day, they were literally each others lives and best friends.

Originally posted by Cruis.In View Post
    after just absorbing 10 years worth of sg1 in one mont, its kind of bitter sweet.

i mean tears came to my eyes while watching ending montages. when they damn creedance clear water revival song played. Been a favourite since my childhood.

I cant imagine how hard it must have been for people who watched it almost every week in their homes, and shared their experience of the show online with other people. These cast and this show were in your hearts for 10 years, thats a long time, i absorbed it in one month, 10 years worth of experiences, and its still hard for me to forget.

looking at alot of videos on youtuve of conventions and panels and stuff...

and seeing the wrap session, final shot of the final day of the final episode of the final season. Imagine how hard it was for chris judge, michael and amanda, who came to work their for 10 years straight for 12 hours a day besides off season....the show only lasted so long because they could stand each other every day for so long.

does anyone know if they remained friends? or keep in touch?
    the cut after the final scene, showed them all in tears and poor chris couldnt even get his lines out as they said. must be hard. big part of their life they spent together you know, off season they prolly spent time together, goof around on set most the day, they were literally each others lives and best friends.
    Man.
    It was really hard seeing it. I only got involved in the show around Evelution. But, it was an amazing and wild ride. So much to see and do each and every week. New adventures with the crowd.

Comment

Welcome to the stargate fandom!
      10 seasons in 1 month? That's.... crack... Wow.

I've been re-watching for months and have only gotten mid-way through season 2.

Yes, the actors have been involved in other projects together. Amanda Tapping is in Sanctuary (in which other stargate actors appear ~ not Christopher Judge or Michael Shanks... yet). Christopher Judge and several Atlantis actors appeared in David Hewlett's movie "A Dog's Breakfast". I'm sure there are more, but those are off the top of my head.

Comment

watching that last episode - i couldn't quite believe that we weren't going to have anymore SG1 but happy that it had all happened
        i know movies, but it's not just the same feeling for me

yes, that damn song - brought a tear to my eye first time i watched it
        "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

you know for some reason the movies just did not do it for me either, I suppose this was becuase the movie focused of bringing a end to the two loose ends that the show had left undone eg. Ori and Gaould. Hopefully the third SG1 movie with be something a bit diffrent.
          A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

I feel very lucky to have thoroughly enjoyed all ten seasons of SG-1 (each for their own reasons), and both SG-1 movies that have come out. I can't wait for the third.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They see each other at conventions fairly regularly (RDA appears less often), and then there's the movies. Michael Shanks and Chris Judge are developing a show called "Rage of Angels" which is apparently working its way through all the hoops that must be jumped before before a show makes it to air - and they are close friends who hang out all the time. It might have been Chris Judge who said that Ben Browder was coaching his kid's football team and he saw him then (can't remember, but it probably wasn't Michael Shanks. He has 3 girls, and parents usually put their girls in soccer, not football)- so it seems like he's still in town.
              Last edited by amconway; 16 November 2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I've seen every episode like 10-20 times, lol seriously. But I haven't rewatched SG-1 in over a year or three straight through. You just gave me an idea, I do own them all! I should go start that right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Cruis.In View Post

where can i see this could u send me a link

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Surely that means watching about 7 episodes EVERY DAY? Have one day off per week, actually means 8 per day.

I'm not saying you should get out more, but.... GET OUT MORE

You haven't been laid-up after major surgery or something? Please tell me you were temporarily crippled and had nothing to do for a month!!
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                    X