Abrams ponders 'Lost' movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abrams ponders 'Lost' movie

JJ Abrams has revealed that the possibility of a Lost movie has increased since it was decided that the TV show will end in 2010.

"The one thing that makes you think maybe there could be [a movie]," the showrunner told MTV News, "is that ABC agreed to end the series after six years. Which is a gift, because you know you won’t have years seven and eight where you’re thinking ‘they should’ve ended at year six,’ and you know how to pace yourself so that you know how to end the series."

Abrams added: "The only reason why I think maybe there would be a movie, is that by doing that - which is hopefully the right way to go and that’s it - you do have that sense of, well, it didn’t go on any longer and therefore is there something else that you could do? So there’s a chance, but my gut is it would never happen."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...ost-movie.html

As much as Lost is, relatively, popular, I don't see it being able to hit the big screens. Much more likely it'll be a direct-to-dvd/ TV movie, aired to conclude the story-arc after S6 (I don't see how it could be a stand-alone movie?).

Basically, just an episode of Lost, but with a larger budget and lasting longer, taking up the running legnth of two episodes, probably.

As much as I love Lost, I'd be satisfied with a S6 ending of two/ three-parter episodes, probably with a slightly larger budget- being the last episodes and all.

Unless, Cloverfield attacks the Lost island. xD

Which is then saved by Tom Cruise on the Enterprise...

Comment

I didn't know JJ Abrams was still involved with Lost. I knew he was one of the creators and everything and probably had a lot of say in S1 but these days (from the few spoilers i've read in the last 4 years) it seems like it's always Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof doing the talking.

But I agree with The Prophet. Without years of continuing mythology and plot points to build on, a standalone Lost movie would not be dissimilar to the B5 movies. (In The Beginning being the exception) Enjoyable, but not great.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Cant see how a stand alone movie would work tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          As much as Lost is, relatively, popular, I don't see it being able to hit the big screens. Much more likely it'll be a direct-to-dvd/ TV movie, aired to conclude the story-arc after S6 (I don't see how it could be a stand-alone movie?).
          some people probably said that about star trek

however i agree i dont see the need for a lost movie, and i dont believe it will do any good at the cinema
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

however i agree i dont see the need for a lost movie, and i dont believe it will do any good at the cinema
            Ahh, but any one of Star Trek's episodes could have been turned into a Movie plot, with Lost, its lack of Stand-Alone episodes prevents any of the episodal plots from becoming a Movie. Anybody who isn't a fan would have to catch up on 6 seasons of mythology before viewing, and if they do try and make it so that it is stand-alone, but with the occasional hinting of arc, then Fans will probably be displeased that they were side-lined in favour of trying to draw a larger audience.

Imagine S2's finale becoming a Movie- a group of castaways are trying to prevent the island from allegidly being destroyed. Without knowing the occurances of the past 2 seasons, it wouldn't make any sense, at all.

Comment

I am exciting to watch this ....
              Last edited by Devid; 12 November 2008, 03:55 AM.

Comment

i think it will need to be a straight to dvd movie
                sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

Lindelof: No Lost Movie

Damon Lindelof, co-creator and co-executive producer of ABC's Lost, told reporters that there will not be a feature film based on the show. Or, he hastened to add, it won't happen on his watch.

"The answer is no," Lindelof said in a Dec. 2 online roundtable with journalists while promoting the upcoming season-four DVD set and year five of the hit ABC show. "At least not by us. We've always felt that the show should definitively end the same place it started ... on television."

**snip**
                  http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=62499
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney dex View Post
                    i think it will need to be a straight to dvd movie
                    isn't that a popular phrase these days?

KEEP IT CLEAN
                    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

I'm sure a Lost movie would be a huge box office success regardless of weather it's a good idea or not.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

'Lost' producer: 'Movie would be mistake'

Lost executive producer Damon Lindelof has dismissed speculation that there could be a film of the TV show.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, he said: "There can always be a movie. Twenty years from now, they can reboot it, or three years from now they can try to carry on the franchise.

"But for us, the show has always been about this group of characters who, at the end of season six, all their characters resolutions will happen."

Discussing the idea for a Lost movie, Lindelof said that it would be a mistake.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...e-mistake.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          JJ Abrams has revealed that the possibility of a Lost movie has increased since it was decided that the TV show will end in 2010.

"The one thing that makes you think maybe there could be [a movie]," the showrunner told MTV News, "is that ABC agreed to end the series after six years. Which is a gift, because you know you won’t have years seven and eight where you’re thinking ‘they should’ve ended at year six,’ and you know how to pace yourself so that you know how to end the series."

Abrams added: "The only reason why I think maybe there would be a movie, is that by doing that - which is hopefully the right way to go and that’s it - you do have that sense of, well, it didn’t go on any longer and therefore is there something else that you could do? So there’s a chance, but my gut is it would never happen."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...ost-movie.html
                          Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                          Direct to DVD works for many shows, it's a viable alternative to big screen release. Of course, it will depend on how the show ends.
                          sigpic

Comment

The only way I see this happening is if we learn about the people who built the temple, the wall, the underground tunnels. And where smokey comes from and how the ancient civilisation disappeared.

But obviously this may all be explain in the series.

Comment

I have a feeling that once the show ends, it will end in such a way that the overall story will be over with. Sure some questions will most likely be left open, but not enough to give us a movie.

I don't think this show needs a movie either, the show is so great I'd rather just rewatch the series a few times.

Comment

Working...
                              X