I was hoping..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping..

When I first saw the wraith appear I was hoping for an episode that dealt with Wraith that had taken the 'no longer need to feed thing' and wanted to try and live amognst the humans. (Since it was called Outsiders). I don't know what reasons there would be for this to happen but I think it would have been an interesting idea.

What do you guys think?

This show is all over the place at the moment. The writers don't know if they want to make the Wraith a serious threat now or turn them into passive nobodies. Then they bring in the Asgard for no reason in particular, just to prove they are a tired and lazy bunch.

Honestly, I wouldn;t have been surprised if the episode you suggested would have happened...
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
      When I first saw the wraith appear I was hoping for an episode that dealt with Wraith that had taken the 'no longer need to feed thing' and wanted to try and live amognst the humans. (Since it was called Outsiders). I don't know what reasons there would be for this to happen but I think it would have been an interesting idea.

What do you guys think?
      It would have been a fantastic idea! The problem I see is much like Jack Bauer said - they don't know what to do with the Wraith - which direction to take them in. Honestly, I think it's too late to make them a real threat again - and to just destroy them at this point would be so anti-climatic after seeing them beaten down already for 4 seasons, plus.

So, it would have been great to see Wraith trying to live among humans - the prejudices and hatreds that would still linger would give birth to all sorts of story ideas. What if a Wraith 'fell off the wagon', and went back to feeding on humans? What if they're just too restless and driven to NOT always be fighting someone, or something - just like their irate Iratus bug ancestors.

I think what the writers might be trying to do is set some up as 'friendlies' (which I do not mind, as long as it's some, and not just one...such as Todd), while the rest remain enemies. It would work for me, IF the enemy Wraith were truly unmerciful, like Sateda's Uberwraith. But so far, all we've really seen is a bunch of very hot, very sexy, Wile E. Coyote impersonators.

das
      sigpic

Comment

Wraith are easy to write about, for example

The Atlanteans discover a new room in Atlantis OR a lab offworld OR a wandering ship with no crew OR (See the point?) and in this new place they find a device or something that helps them deliver a retrovirus to the wraith. (I dont write this stuff for a living, im sure the writers could make it technical and such)

Then the atlanteans deliver the retrovirus to the wraith, all of them. except there was a side affect. Small scale tests are different from the implimentation on a whole galaxy. so some wraith turned human, some wraith died, and some wraith became more powerful. smarter faster, can feed from a distance

and so on. now the wraith are a bigger threat.

and thats just crap i made up on the spot. wraith are easy to write for, which is why no doubt the writers have something planned. they wouldnt be producing movies if they were just headless chicked churning out random crap for over a decade,now would they?
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
          Wraith are easy to write about, for example

The Atlanteans discover a new room in Atlantis OR a lab offworld OR a wandering ship with no crew OR (See the point?) and in this new place they find a device or something that helps them deliver a retrovirus to the wraith. (I dont write this stuff for a living, im sure the writers could make it technical and such)

Then the atlanteans deliver the retrovirus to the wraith, all of them. except there was a side affect. Small scale tests are different from the implimentation on a whole galaxy. so some wraith turned human, some wraith died, and some wraith became more powerful. smarter faster, can feed from a distance

and so on. now the wraith are a bigger threat.

and thats just crap i made up on the spot. wraith are easy to write for, which is why no doubt the writers have something planned. they wouldnt be producing movies if they were just headless chicked churning out random crap for over a decade,now would they?
          Why have we seen a season worth of filler eps and stand alones this season?
          Meh.

Comment

We have not. We have seen a lot of arc episodes. Only the Shrine, and The one with the funky Wraith Micheal mist monsters...and...Outsiders...and Daedelus Variations, have been the only true fillers. And there are a lot of arcs going on at the moment.
            You have the Wraith that want to possibly become Human, and coexist, and then you have the Wraith group that want to plow through their problems and continue ruling the roost.
            This was a very smart episode by TPTB.
            Oh, and this one was not a stand alone, strike it from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              This was a very smart episode by TPTB.
              l.
              How was this a very smart episode from TPTB, it advanced nothing, it just used the crap Hoffan Drug plague to put some Wraith in there wanting to mill people. Stupid episode and a waste of time.
              Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                How was this a very smart episode from TPTB, it advanced nothing, it just used the crap Hoffan Drug plague to put some Wraith in there wanting to mill people. Stupid episode and a waste of time.
                IYO.
                The Hoffan drug if hardly crap, IMO, I found it to be a brillaint back drop to the way that Micheal was doing things.

Comment

IYO.
                  The Hoffan drug if hardly crap, IMO, I found it to be a brillaint back drop to the way that Micheal was doing things.
                  While i agree with you that the Hoffan Drug had good promise. I disagree that is was used well. TPTB barely even used it majorly on screen, even though it was one of the key elements that Michael used.
                  Meh.

Comment

While i agree with you that the Hoffan Drug had good promise. I disagree that is was used well. TPTB barely even used it majorly on screen, even though it was one of the key elements that Michael used.
                    Well true...but that probably just has to do with the time element.
                    I mean, what I liked about the Hoffan drug was it was one of those elements you expected to be a one off deal, and then to be done with it. And then it makes a sudden, strong, and lethal apperence. I was quite impressed with TPTB.

Comment

Well true...but that probably just has to do with the time element.
                      I mean, what I liked about the Hoffan drug was it was one of those elements you expected to be a one off deal, and then to be done with it. And then it makes a sudden, strong, and lethal apperence. I was quite impressed with TPTB.
                      I see the pint you are making and I partially agree with you.
                      However, where you were impressed by the PTB, I was disappointed, I just felt there was a helluva lot more potential then they used.
                      Meh.

Comment

I see the pint you are making and I partially agree with you.
                        However, where you were impressed by the PTB, I was disappointed, I just felt there was a helluva lot more potential then they used.
                        That seems to be a lot of people's problems with them. The Ori, the Wraith, and they over used the Reps, to death, and, even I think that.

Comment

That seems to be a lot of people's problems with them. The Ori, the Wraith, and they over used the Reps, to death, and, even I think that.
                          Mmmm very true, very true. I feel that the general consensus is that the current writers don;t seem to be able to create anything new and original, hence why they should bring in new writers. I mean, sure the Asgard and the Reps were awesome on SG1, but bringing them to SGA? Why?

TBH withyou, i really wouldn't have minded if TPTB had expanded on the Nox and Furling mythology, just because it was something we barely saw in SG1, hence they would have needed to come up with something different, something exciting! Gimme a bit of that and i will be a happy camper!

Even using the alien ship from Grace that we saw in SG1, they could have made that ship an expedition ship from the PG that was seeking out the help of the Ancients in the MW... Why not, as opposed to recycling plots and races?

The writers are portraying themselves at lazy and tired, and the problem is, I dont think they have realised this...
                          Meh.

Comment

Mmmm very true, very true. I feel that the general consensus is that the current writers don;t seem to be able to create anything new and original, hence why they should bring in new writers. I mean, sure the Asgard and the Reps were awesome on SG1, but bringing them to SGA? Why?

TBH withyou, i really wouldn't have minded if TPTB had expanded on the Nox and Furling mythology, just because it was something we barely saw in SG1, hence they would have needed to come up with something different, something exciting! Gimme a bit of that and i will be a happy camper!

Even using the alien ship from Grace that we saw in SG1, they could have made that ship an expedition ship from the PG that was seeking out the help of the Ancients in the MW... Why not, as opposed to recycling plots and races?

The writers are portraying themselves at lazy and tired, and the problem is, I dont think they have realised this...
                            Part of this could be budget.
                            Now, I like, sort of, the reintroduction of the Asgard of being this race of Loki's, of course I would have preffered them to come up with something entirely new...but then with the suits you almost, ALMOST, get the best of both worlds.
                            And yeah, seeing the grace ship again would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X