Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General question about age: Who's older?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General question about age: Who's older?

In order, list the Goa'uld system lords (or the top 5 or so) ranking them from oldest to youngest -- if known.

I think it's:
    Ra
    Yu
    Anubis (but Anubis could be older than Yu)
    Hathor
    Apophis
    (not sure about the rest)

Also, who's older:
    Anubis or Thor?

I'm thinking that Anubis would be older than Yu, and possibly Hathor is about as old as Ra.

I'd also think that Anubis is older than Thor.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Homecoming specifically calls Yu "the oldest among the system lords."

As Anubis is a System Lord that would mean that Yu is older than Anubis.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Homecoming specifically calls Yu "the oldest among the system lords."

As Anubis is a System Lord that would mean that Yu is older than Anubis.
        Annubis wasn't a system lord at that point. He was still the unknown enemy until after that epsiode.

I'd put Ra and Hathor at about the same age.
        The Yu and Anubis.
        I believe that most of the Goa'uld we here of in the first few seasons are avout the same age(give or take a few 100 ). So Apophis, Sokar, Ba'al,...

Then I think Thor is older the Annubis seeing the Asgard where around since the Anciens where still alive and the Goa'uld weren't (at least not in their current form). I'm not saying that thor has been around form since the ancients but he is pretty old seeing they cloned themself to the brink of destruction
        Today Is Yesterdays Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Icegod
          Annubis wasn't a system lord at that point. He was still the unknown enemy until after that epsiode.
          Ah, Homecoming is 702. He was very well known by that point, and he was readmitted to the ranks of the system lords in season 5's Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by Icegod

I'd put Ra and Hathor at about the same age.
            The Yu and Anubis.
            I believe that most of the Goa'uld we here of in the first few seasons are avout the same age(give or take a few 100 ). So Apophis, Sokar, Ba'al,...

Then I think Thor is older the Annubis seeing the Asgard where around since the Anciens where still alive and the Goa'uld weren't (at least not in their current form). I'm not saying that thor has been around form since the ancients but he is pretty old seeing they cloned themself to the brink of destruction
            I think Anubis is close to Ra's age and Yu's age, but not sure. I am pretty sure (just a hunch) that Anubis is much older than Thor. He may have been cloned a few times, but remember, Thor was not around back 33,000 when the Asgard looked human-like. He was not around until much later.

Keep in mind, in Season 5's "Revelations" (SPOILER)

Heimdall said that 33,000 years ago, the Asgard looked more like humans and could reproduce sexually. At some point, they began to change physically, but based on commonly accepted principles of evolution, such drastic changes in appearance and reproduction take time. Therefore, I speculate it took at least 10,000 to 20,000 thousand years for the Asgard to evolve from their humanoid form into their present form. Neither Thor nor Heimdall were alive during this time (if they had been alive, they would remember that form and they would have said something).

Once the Asgard reproduction changed, and cloning became the method used, then they became virtually immortal.

Ra came to Earth about 11,000 years ago, after searching the galaxy for a long time (thousands of years) for a solution to save his "dying race". Yu and Anubis were system lords at least 10,000 or 9,000 years ago, so it's a safe bet they were alive 11,000 or more years, maybe in different hosts. I'd guess Ra was about 20,000 years old, maybe even older. I'd guess Anubis and Yu were close to that, maybe 15,000 years old or something. I don't think Thor is more than a few hundred. What do you guys think?

How about the Wraith Keeper? How old do you think she was?
            Last edited by LordAnubis; 18 November 2004, 06:37 AM.

Comment

according to egyptian mythology, Ra is the oldest..... so i think he is... definitely not Yu. Osiris and Anubis are probably almost as old as Ra.
              sigpic
              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

What makes you think Hathor is so old? She was locked up in the time of the Mayans (or Aztecs, can't remember), just a few minutes ago historically speaking. She's been on earth for a long time though, as she was godess to the Egyptians. I suspect Ra used her for Queen, since they were here at the same time and surely Ra would get rid of her, he wants HIS offpring, if any. Still, he didn't use Jaffa, so I doubt he wanted prim'tah at all...

My point is, there is nothing much to indicate how old she is, because of the sarc, and the lack of Hathor episodes
                [email protected]
                http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                One nation under dog
                There of which I stand alone
                A face in the crowd
                Unsung, against the mold
                Without a doubt
                Singled out
                The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Ah, Homecoming is 702. He was very well known by that point, and he was readmitted to the ranks of the system lords in season 5's Summit.
                  And kicked out in Full Circle when all the System Lords attacked him

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                    What makes you think Hathor is so old? She was locked up in the time of the Mayans (or Aztecs, can't remember), just a few minutes ago historically speaking. She's been on earth for a long time though, as she was godess to the Egyptians. I suspect Ra used her for Queen, since they were here at the same time and surely Ra would get rid of her, he wants HIS offpring, if any. Still, he didn't use Jaffa, so I doubt he wanted prim'tah at all...

My point is, there is nothing much to indicate how old she is, because of the sarc, and the lack of Hathor episodes
                    Good point. Personally, I think you're right. I also think Anubis is older than Yu despite what said in "Summit" or "Last Stand". I mean, lots of things have been said over the years without follow-up, so who knows if that's canon, although I guess it is. Anubis is definitely older than Thor -- at least IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X