Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What he hell was wrong with the Drone soldiers this episode?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What he hell was wrong with the Drone soldiers this episode?!

Or rather, what the hell is wrong with the writers?! Yes, yes, the Wraith are useless as enemies and less intimidating than a parked car, we know, we know, but do they have to keep on nerfing them by the episode?

Carson was standing right there, in plain view, without cover, firing wildly and somehow hitting all of the enemy Wraith with just a shot or two per Wraith. Meanwhile, he took down, what, 6-7+ while they all missed him... somehow.

No cover, plain sight, one man...

This is ridiculous. It wasn't even a tense battle situation, what with Carson continuously stunning the useless enemies. We knew from the very first 5 seconds he wasn't going to be hit, so really, it was just another episode where the Wraith were taken down yet another notch.

The Wraith vs. A Parked Car - let the death match begin.
    Last edited by FallenAngelII; 20 October 2008, 12:10 PM.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Carson was standing right there, in plain view, without cover, firing wildly and somehow hitting all of the enemy Wraith with just a shot or two. Meanwhile, he took down, what, 6-7+ while they all missed him... somehow.
    You forget all the time BEFORE he started firing at them... Time during which he was nicely discussing with McKay, and the warriors didn't even try to make a run towards them!
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    sigpic

Comment

wraith are suffering the very same fate as the Ori and Assurans...they've become funny idiots with no brains
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

That isn't the only thing that "dumbed down" wraith even further. For instance...

1. The commander feeding on Carson and dying - shouldn't he be wiser than that, given the fate of his former scientist?

2. Wraith looks down, picks up device, 'what's this?' *cave collapses* The device even has "C4" written on it.

And why are wraith still letting humans run amok on their ships? Especially Lanteans. I'll never be convinced that a few humans on a hive, possibly filled by hundreds of armed wraith, can escape every time.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
          1. The commander feeding on Carson and dying - shouldn't he be wiser than that, given the fate of his former scientist?
          Considering the Hoffan drug has a good chance to kill the human who takes it, it was not too stupid of him to believe Beckett would never have taken that risk himself. It's rather safe to assume that none of the Atlanteans has the drug inside him; except he Commander probably didn't know that this man was not the "original" doctor but a clone made by Michael.

2. Wraith looks down, picks up device, 'what's this?' *cave collapses* The device even has "C4" written on it.
          Oh my, I had forgotten this one...

And why are wraith still letting humans run amok on their ships? Especially Lanteans. I'll never be convinced that a few humans on a hive, possibly filled by hundreds of armed wraith, can escape every time.
          Funny how they always run into patrols on hive ships, except this time, heh?
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

One thing I was a bit confused about was when Carson and Rodney blasted their way out of the Commander's room they shot two guards.
            When the other faced Wraith came to check there were two guards standing in front of the door again.
            When those two new guards got there, they either didn't notice the two who had been blasted lying on the floor, or they didn't notice that someone should have been standing there in the first place?

Or were these the same ones who got blasted and they were just guarding "the crime scene" so to speak.
            sigpic

Comment

Wraith looks down, picks up device, 'what's this?' *cave collapses* The device even has "C4" written on it. .
              in all fairness theres no reason a wraith should recognize C4
              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

True dat... those who would, are dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                  in all fairness theres no reason a wraith should recognize C4
                  why wouldn't they? wraith surely know what explosives are, at least, I would think so.

Comment

why wouldn't they? wraith surely know what explosives are, at least, I would think so.
                    The Wraith know what explosives are, and indeed have been shown both to have a form of grenade and "self-destruct" weaponry to prevent their capture, but the fact remains that the Wraith have, most likely, never encountered any form of plastic explosive before the Atlantis Expedition arrived, as most civilizations in Pegasus are too primitive to produce such weapons and the Wraith, themselves, use far more advanced explosives. Given the small numbers involved with the Atlantis Expedition, their recentness of their arrival, and the rarity of survivors from C4 blasts, there is no reason to believe that the Wraith would have common knowledge that C4 is an explosive.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Hey, but even a parked car can look sexy. Cases in point:

Example #1:

Spoiler:

Example #2:

Spoiler:

*sigh*

das
                      sigpic

Comment

not to mention even if the wraith know about c4....chances are they wouldn't call it c4.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Or rather, what the hell is wrong with the writers?! Yes, yes, the Wraith are useless as enemies and less intimidating than a parked car, we know, we know, but do they have to keep on nerfing them by the episode?

Carson was standing right there, in plain view, without cover, firing wildly and somehow hitting all of the enemy Wraith with just a shot or two per Wraith. Meanwhile, he took down, what, 6-7+ while they all missed him... somehow.

No cover, plain sight, one man...

This is ridiculous. It wasn't even a tense battle situation, what with Carson continuously stunning the useless enemies. We knew from the very first 5 seconds he wasn't going to be hit, so really, it was just another episode where the Wraith were taken down yet another notch.

well i haven't seen the episode yet, but i am sure that is the same reason why the show is being cancelled?
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Has the parked car been freshly waxed, because that's just totally unfair if it has.

Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              wraith are suffering the very same fate as the Ori and Assurans...they've become funny idiots with no brains
                              Hey, that's still more than you...

Spoiler:
                              What? You expected me to let that one go?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                              X