This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government in the Milky Way

Humans in the PG seem to be more connected to eachother than Humans in the Milky way but since the fall of the Goa'uld and the defeat of the Ori is it possible that a semi-galaxy wide government could form now?
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Would be ridiculous if they did. Why would they fight so hard to be free only to create a government body that unites everyone under one sovereignty and watch that system deteriorate into a tyranny?

"I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I understand that position but the difference is the over governing bodies were imposed upon the people...not created by nor adopted by the people
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
        Humans in the PG seem to be more connected to eachother than Humans in the Milky way but since the fall of the Goa'uld and the defeat of the Ori is it possible that a semi-galaxy wide government could form now?
        This maybe because the Humans in the Pegasus Galaxy get culled every couple of generations and are then left alone to do pick up the pieces of there shattered life and can start to rebuild. However in the Milky Way the Humans were under constant Goa'uld oppression and were never allowed to develope. So I doubt they would want to form one huge government when they can build and develope there own cultures.

Comment

I agree with Mclean. The Wraith only grab the power when it's time for culling. The Wraith don't get them selves involved in the galaxy otherwise. They don't have slaves like the Goa'uld. The Goa'uld did exercise power everyday and got a different kind of power.

I don't think the idea of an MW goverment can work. Earth would probably like it but other people might don't se the benefits. Furthermore the Jaffa wouldn't be interested in sharing and it would therefore lead to war between earth and the jaffa nation. The Tok'ra probably don't like to get involved with regular people and the Nox are hiding.

Comment

The Wraith have worshippers-Tyre used to be one as was Ronan for a while.

Comment

Yes the Wraith have whorshippers but I still think the Goa'uld and the Wraith operate quite diffrent. They both rule by intimidation but there is a difference.

The Goa'uld rule by slavery and posing a false gods in almost in the entire galaxy. The Goa'uld affects peoples life for a lifetime living in a dictatorship using the force of the Jaffas.

The Wraith have whorshippers yes, but it seems to be a minority group. There can be generations between the Wraith show up. They're hibernating for a lot of time and only a minority are awake in the periods between they wake. But the Wraith has left the impression from the last cullings told through the generations. They leave an impression so strong people still fear them and it affect everyday life but how the ordinary people in the pegasus manage their lives is of no concern to the wraith as long as they don't get advanced and capable of defeating themselves.

The difference is people in pegasus can go to other worlds etc. The people on a Goa'uld controlled planet can't do this kind of things. Only if they are being moved to another location by the goa'uld or taken as hosts. Must of the MW inhabitants don't even seem to be aware of how to use stargate because it was reserved by the gods or guarded. Thats the main difference IMO. In pegasus people can go where they like.

Comment

Working...
              X