Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any doubt now that Carson adds more Dynamic to episodes than Keller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, so if michael holds the control switch....how is having carson running around unguarded and unmonitored safer than having him stay in the milky way where michael can't get his hands on him?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      Also, am I the only one that sees when tptb kill someone off and bring them back they become a "rambo" character??... carson and daniel come to mind!

Yes, change your optician . You should have gone to Specsavers ;

*********HEEEEE HEEEE HEEE HEEE HEEEE *************

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        ok, so if michael holds the control switch....how is having carson running around unguarded and unmonitored safer than having him stay in the milky way where michael can't get his hands on him?
        Michael is looking for batteries for his remote hon. By the time he finds them, the new film is finished and he will show up. Do not question the lack of continuity in SGA, take it as it is .

Comment

The Carson/Rodney banter was nice, a bit overdone in a couple places, but I didn't mind. Keller wouldn't have fit in the story line like Carson, but that doesn't mean I like Carson more than Keller. I actually have enjoyed the few scenes in which both Carson and Keller appear. I'd like to see them working together on a project.

sig made by Pic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
            ?
            I think you 're comparing apples with oranges !!

I like them both but for different reasons each.
            Spoiler:
            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
            (YEAR 0 - 100)
            "O thou Sun,
            send me as far over the earth
            as is my pleasure and thine,
            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
            but never hear anything of bad ones,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              I don't hate Keller. Her character's gotten better, and with Weir gone and Teyla's peripheral role, they did need another woman to round out the cast.
              Actually if they had done some serious writing for these two women... there wouldn't have been a need for another one. But as they can't seem to figure out what to do with Weir (who they dumped at the nearest gate) and Teyla (who they have standing around in the background, making her think she's important), they create a new character whom they use as their little pawn to do everything with it except be a strong female presence.

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
              Janet was much the same way as Keller is now until Cassie came into the picture and the character started to develop.
              Janet was never like Keller - and don't ever compare these two characters again, because Keller pales in Janet's presence like WOW! She was a recurring character who had a dynamic with the regular that Keller doesn't have, and will never have no matter how hard TPTW try.

Teryl and TPTB of SG1 did an amazing job with her, until the moment they decided to kill her.

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
              Keller is backup.
              If Keller is back-up, then what is Teyla?

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              Some might argue the solution to that could have been to keep Weir and to give Tyla a more prominent role.
              *points upwards*

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
              And your just telling us this now?
              I did tell this - I think even in the Anti-Keller thread. Or the Complaints for season 5 thread. I'm quite sure I did.

Edit: Oh yeah, I should probably answer the question...

Like I said in the episode-thread, I almost could imagine this to be an old-school Atlantis episode, and the fact that Carson made that feeling exist in the first place - I'd have to say there's not a doubt in my mind that he has a better dynamic than Keller.

I love Jewel for anyone who cares, but I hate Keller with a vengeance. She is by far the worst character ever written in Stargate history, and that means she is in fact worse than Lucius.

Paul McGillion has présence, which I fear Jewel lacks, in the part of Keller anyway.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love Jewel Staite but I have to agree after watching this ep, Carson is definitely more entertaining. Still, I don't think she's THAT bad. Rodney is as amusing as ever. The way he starts talking a mile a minute, totally freaks out under pressure but then manages to find a way to save the day is what I love about his character. Of course the dry, sarcastic humor helps too. Also love the dynamics of the Carson/Rodney relationship.
                Last edited by Alpaca; 24 February 2013, 06:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Holy thread resurrection, Batman, this one's been dormant for four years!

Comment

Working...
                  X